Aggy tears playoff selection conspiracy thread

Beau Vine

5 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

What helps the SEC's image (in addition to the blatant pimping by ESPN and others) is that the drive-by fan looks at the apparent size and speed of the teams and is convinced they must be awesome...even if they don't play good football. People rationalize that what makes those teams play lackluster ball isn't their lack of awesomeness but the fact they're matched up with such salty conference foes. So bad plays and games and teams are forgiven, because they're facing such a rough road. It's all a bottomless cauldron of pus. 

Forever we had to watch shit ass QBs and offenses in the SEC play each other and their fans and the media tell us it is because how good their defenses are. Yet when those defenses go out of conference and bowl games, they are exposed. Missouri won the East the first 2 years they came into the SEC. Aggy came in there their first year and beat Bama and competed in every game. Before that season, so many people bought into that no way aggy could even stay on the field with these sec teams. They actually believe they are a higher division or the NFL lol. That is just shit the media and their fans spew. Aggy looks no different in the SEC than they did in the Big 12. They aren't some magical conference. Also the myth that last place in the sec equals top of other conferences is fucking laughable. Sorry, Tennessee and Arkansas are going to suck no matter where they go.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

(I actually looked this up to make sure I remembered correctly)

In 2013, Texas A&M got free wins against Rice, Sam, and SMU.

They won 5 more games against unranked SEC foes.

They played 4 ranked SEC foes and lost them all.

Add it up and aggy went 8-4 in the vaunted SEC, which is so impressive that they counted as a quality win for the four good teams that they went 0-4 against.

Then they beat Duke 52-48 in their bowl game.  Because, ya know, aggy was so good.

That's a nice little microcosm of the S-E-C, S-E-C scam that's been running for about 15 years now.

aggy hasn’t won 10 games against FBS opponents since the 1990s. 

It has been just as long since they had consecutive seasons with a winning record in conference play. 

They have been masquerading as a “football powerhouse” for longer than 15 yrs. 

On 12/22/2020 at 5:18 PM, Randolph Duke said:

I guess the ags haven't yet figured out the conference's new television deal with ABC/ESPN contains this little gem:

"And starting next year, the network can broadcast one nonconference football matchup on ESPN+ with each team."

https://www.si.com/college/2020/12/10/sec-espn-abc-tv-contract-leaving-cbs

The new S!E!C! television contract will require fans to purchase ESPN+ subscriptions to watch what is now being broadcast on SECN. Part of that subscription revenue will be directed to the conference to make up for the revenue SECN is not generating. SEC schools will get nothing for T3 rights in 2020 or 2021 due to the fact their T3 deal is a profit sharing agreement, as opposed to the LHN deal which is a licensing agreement (UT still gets paid).

So, whine all you want about ESPN+, my dear ags, but every one of you fuckers is going to have a subscription in the very near future. Let's do some quick math - ABC/ESPN is paying $300 mil/yr, which is roughly $20 mil/school. $15 mil is new money, above what CBS was paying. At $10/mo for a ESPN+ subscription, the breakeven for ABC/ESPN is 125,000 new subscriptions per school. 500,000 current aggy alumni, 70,000 current students.

SECN will be the first conference network to go completely behind the ABC/ESPN paywall. Mark my words.

"It just costs more."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2020 at 11:16 AM, nnm said:

That’s all you need to say. Every year.

It’s always Bama and one other team (last year LSU) that are clearly championship contenders.  Then you have some strong teams (UGA most years, UF and aggy this year), some mediocre teams, and a bunch of bad teams. 
Wow. You know what that sounds like?  Every other conference.
Because of the strength of Bama, SECX3 has that myth that every SECX3 team could sweep any other conference. 
That’s crap. Bama would dominate every other conference, and match up well against Clemson in the ACC. Every other SECX3 team would have the same up and down years in any other conference, that they have in the SECX3.
aggy is the perfect proof of that. They were mediocre in B12, they’re mediocre in SECX3. They’re having a good year this year, lightning in a bottle. The same as they had in SWC when they cheated. 

Is the SEC able to manipulate the bowl matchups so they are favored in every game this year?  That's the next level of BS to hear about.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TexArcher said:

(I actually looked this up to make sure I remembered correctly)

In 2013, Texas A&M got free wins against Rice, Sam, and SMU.

They won 5 more games against unranked SEC foes.

They played 4 ranked SEC foes and lost them all.

Add it up and aggy went 8-4 in the vaunted SEC, which is so impressive that they counted as a quality win for the four good teams that they went 0-4 against.

Then they beat Duke 52-48 in their bowl game.  Because, ya know, aggy was so good.

That's a nice little microcosm of the S-E-C, S-E-C scam that's been running for about 15 years now.

what you did not take into account was aggy has created a new column for the chart.....quality losses. They have led the country in quality losses for years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Javonte Williams, UNC's great running back, is opting out of the bowl game...to enter the draft....Merry Christmas....aggy.

That now means over 4000 yards of offense and 41 touchdowns are sitting out for UNC.. aggy's non AP top 4 streak is all but over. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

25 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Just saw that. Aggy would have to pull off one of their biggest choke jobs ever to lose that game now

Never underestimate the ability for aggy to go full aggy 

Edited by tx ind
Fuck someone read my mind above and I missed it
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Just saw that. Aggy would have to pull off one of their biggest choke jobs ever to lose that game now

that's not what they really do under Jimbo Fisher. Jimbo earns his paycheck by going chalk every year.

They did beat Florida though-- in a year when coronavirus scattered the season and LSU was epically bad and Auburn was subpar, and there weren't any pesky losable non-conference games, chalk would have been a two-loss season and they only lost once. So, credit to Jimbo Fisher for Exceeds Expectations this year! 

On 12/27/2020 at 10:49 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Four of NC’s best players, including two 1000-yard rushers and best WR and linebacker have opted out.  Gonna be hard to generate some offense now...., but, if anybody can screw this up, aggy will.

I have faith in aggy to do just that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1