Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

On 10/12/2018 at 12:10 AM, mulletpelini said:

I'm more optimistic at 0-5 now than I ever was with Riley, even when they were ranked #7 NUMBER FUCKING #7 less than 2 years ago going into Madison.  I knew that floor was gonna drop and when it did there was no escape, because I could see that facade from 300+ miles away.  

Wow. 

It's amazing the things humans will tell themselves to make themselves feel better.

6 hours ago, Gaffords said:

How do you know when your program is actually dead and not in an extended down swing? 

When you are agruing with a jayhalk about who is ranked higher in football and neither team is inside 100. 

It's probably time to the corpse to rest.

The Cornhuskers are like the defective cousin you heard your hot neighborhood crush has staying in the basement, that moved out to it's own condo; then you realize you kinda had a thing for the weird cousin too...

3 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, kopp0e said:
The Cornhuskers are like the defective cousin you heard your hot neighborhood crush has staying in the basement, that moved out to it's own condo; then you realize you kinda had a thing for the weird cousin too...

Are you on dope?

1 minute ago, MrPhlegm said:

Wtf?

Am I on dope?

We both might be correct...

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

What are you talking about?

Who is the crush in this scenario? Huh?

• Haha 1

I just like both coaches, Fleck and Frosty the Throw Man, and think both guys could really use a win this weekend. Frost would love to get one before Bethune-Cookman or Ohio State, and the Boat Rowers still have a shot at making a bowl game if they can grab some wins. This will be a game between teams that are a combined 0-7 in conference but both guys will have their players going at full speed from the opening whistle.

4 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

i'm glad they're gone and i hope they go winless this year. im sorry that frost decided to leave central florida for this shit show, but he made his bed with the cornballers, now he gets to sleep in it. he could be undefeated this season and looking to crash the CPF but instead is winless.

He is undefeated in the loss column and may have a perfect winless season, which is kinda hard to do.

5 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

i'm glad they're gone and i hope they go winless this year. im sorry that frost decided to leave central florida for this shit show, but he made his bed with the cornballers, now he gets to sleep in it. he could be undefeated this season and looking to crash the CPF but instead is winless.

And a whole lot richer. 

I think its going to be close tomorrow, but the Boat Rowers will end up winning when its all over.

Edit: looks like the line has moved from Nebraska by 3.5 to favor the Huskers by 5 points now, Boat Rowers are getting no respect from the odds people.

Edited by trza-hawk

9 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

I think its going to be close tomorrow, but the Boat Rowers will end up winning when its all over.

Edit: looks like the line has moved from Nebraska by 3.5 to favor the Huskers by 5 points now, Boat Rowers are getting no respect from the odds people.

It's not the "odds people", it's the people laying down money.

""They were talking a lot of junk on and off the field," Nebraska's Mike Rozier said of Minnesota in 1983. "They were telling us we were no good and how we were not going to win the game.""

oh bullshit, minnesota hadn't been to a bowl game in more than 20 years at that point and was 3-8 the year before 

I do like the typical Nebraska "we didn't run the score up on them! but they deserved us running up the score because _____" shit

4 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

Minnesota was like Nebraska football until about the year 1960.

Including the most recent national championship for each school:

Wisconsin- (none)
Minnesota- 1960
Michigan State- 1966
Michigan- 1997

Since 1869, the Ivy League has tallied the most national champions at 47, but most recent was from Yale in 1927...

So far this century, the B1G/ PAC & XII are all tied with 2 national championship winners, the ACC just slightly ahead with 3, while the SEC has a staggering 10 titles...

In total, since 2000, 15 of the 17 national champions have hailed from south of the current B1G footprint... So it would appear that trends seem to show that national championship winners will increasingly be from within the boundaries south of the Mason-Dixon line... 

... But, I think Scott Frost can buck the trend, by using his connections in the south for solid recruitment pipelines...

21 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Miami wasn't in the ACC when they won their national title this century. 

Current conference configurations, just the same, B1G totals 39 national titles counting member Nebraska, as we know they were in the Big8/XII beforehand...