Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

1 minute ago, DexterMorgan said:

I’ll be happy if we lose by 17 and actually force them to punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If The University of Nebraska purchased Purdue University and renamed it The University of Nebraska-Indiana at West Lafeyette, could they roll Jeff Brohm and Rondale Moore out there?

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2018 at 5:33 PM, kopp0e said:

Good win for the Huskers, don't be surprised if NU pulls off a win vs Ohio State...

As much as I’d like to see Urban take another L...I’m guessing this game is simply a question of lube or no lube.  Sorry corn but you’re probably getting raped (again) today.

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

As much as I’d like to see Urban take another L...I’m guessing this game is simply a question of lube or no lube.  Sorry corn but you’re probably getting raped (again) today.

Well, at least the Huskers got an early 7-0 lead, getting their "kicks" in early:

I think Frost is eventually going to have a good football team. And I believe the fucker can coach far beyond the X’s and O’s. But he caught a bad break to start the season not getting to bludgeon a patsy. Im impressed by the resolve they have shown to keep going at it. That is really hard to do. Next year should be entertaining for the Corn.

For anyone who thought I was talking out of my ass at 0-6, 1-6, 2-6, 2-7, allow me to show you how smart my ass is.

This offense just did something today that has never happened at Nebraska.  Of all the great offenses that Nebraska has had, rolling up yards on mfers, not until today has one of their teams produced 450+ yards for 7 consecutive games.  Every fucking game since the loss @ Michigan - Purdue, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Minnesota, Beth Cook, Ohio State and Illinois (3 of the 7 were on the road) they've averaged 38 points.

A true freshman quarterback in a newly fucking installed offense with 450+ and 38/game in year 1 of a 4 win team a year ago.

+4 turnover margin today (something that's been negative almost every week) and 1 blocked punt (first time in forever)

They've gotten better every fucking week, win or lose.  That's all any fan could ever ask for.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

For anyone who thought I was talking out of my ass at 0-6, 1-6, 2-6, 2-7, allow me to show you how smart my ass is.

This offense just did something today that has never happened at Nebraska.  Of all the great offenses that Nebraska has had, rolling up yards on mfers, not until today has one of their teams produced 450+ yards for 7 consecutive games.  Every fucking game since the loss @ Michigan - Purdue, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Minnesota, Beth Cook, Ohio State and Illinois (3 of the 7 were on the road) they've averaged 38 points.

A true freshman quarterback in a newly fucking installed offense with 450+ and 38/game in year 1 of a 4 win team a year ago.

+4 turnover margin today (something that's been negative almost every week) and 1 blocked punt (first time in forever)

They've gotten better every fucking week, win or lose.  That's all any fan could ever ask for.  

I knew Scott Frost was going to turn Nebraska around. He has made an immediate impact everywhere he has been. College football is better when blue bloods like Nebraska and Texas are flexing their muscles. I wouldn’t be surprised to see both UT and Nebraska in the playoff in 2020.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 5:43 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Interested in seeing how they replace the safeties and Morgan next year. Seems like #8 has been around forever. Kade Warner is not the answer.

I think folks underestimate the contribution Ozigbo made in the latter half of the season. Without him, a bad season could have been much worse.  There is talent behind him, but we've all seen talent that never really developed.  Washington needs to get more consistent, particularly with holding on to the ball.  And we need another back to step up.  I'm less worried about that second part, as I think there are enough options that at least one will elevate his game.  But I don't know if any of them are going to provide the consistency and production that Ozigbo did.  

After Martinez, Ozigbo was the most impactful player on the team.  Sucks he was not utilized properly until his SR year.  Kid was nails every time he played.  He should have had an all Nebraska type career but too many fucking stupid coaching changes fucked it all up for the kid.  I hope the fact that he didn't play as much actually kept him in better condition for the next level, as that would at least be some justice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

After Martinez, Ozigbo was the most impactful player on the team.  Sucks he was not utilized properly until his SR year.  Kid was nails every time he played.  He should have had an all Nebraska type career but too many fucking stupid coaching changes fucked it all up for the kid.  I hope the fact that he didn't play as much actually kept him in better condition for the next level, as that would at least be some justice.

That coaching turnover really hindered NU football, hopefully #FrostWarning has things on the right track now..!

After Martinez, Ozigbo was the most impactful player on the...

I’m not normally a guy that celebrates when players leave, but...Bell quitting may have been one of the better developments during the season. Ozigbo was buried in that three man rotation, and any momentum he got going in a game would piddle out by the next time he got in the game, maybe a quarter later. With as much as the offense spreads out the ball, and with as poorly as they were at maintaining drives, he just wasn’t getting the touches.

• 1 month later...

I have Nebraska as one of my sleeper teams going into 2019. I think Frost is a cerebral guy who has his own definition of how to be successful, and believes in it. 

Throw in the vacuum that has been created with Meyer gone, and Jimmy touring Europe or wherever. The timing is good for a young team that is well coached to grab an unexpected spot at the Big10 championship table.. 

Then again I could also be full of shit.

22 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

But...we haven't even played in a division since 2010.

Yeah, that made me laugh. It's fucking ridiculous we haven't won a division since 2009. Somebody should be fired! How could we not have won the division a single time from 2011-2018?!?

Edited by Huckleberry