Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

A new Big 12 deal that included Nebraska + their likely lucrative Tier III deal would likely negate that

not to mention this

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebraska-on-track-for-big-payday-in-maryland-s-larger/article_48adc24b-44f6-5bd8-ae62-3affc90e4c86.html#facebook-comments

there is a lot of catching up to do

9 hours ago, sushihorn said:

How did you convince the doc to up your opioid dosage?

I was talking to an 87 yr. old knothole gang member earlier today and in the course of that conversation, I realized that Nebraska, since being ranked top 10 and undefeated less than 2 fucking years ago had lost about 16 games since that time.

this 1-6 has way more potential that that 16.

Are they back?  Of course not.  They'll be lucky....lucky to win 3 this year.  Next year maybe....maybe 6.  As long a there is progress each and every fucking week, that's all I can ask for.  The offense is playing well enough to win most games.  It's the D and the ST that need the help and that's what will take time.

Edited by mulletpelini

11 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I was talking to an 87 yr. old knothole gang member earlier today and in the course of that conversation, I realized that Nebraska, since being ranked top 10 and undefeated less than 2 fucking years ago had lost about 16 games since that time.

this 1-6 has way more potential that that 16.

Are they back?  Of course not.  They'll be lucky....lucky to win 3 this year.  Next year maybe....maybe 6.  As long a there is progress each and every fucking week, that's all I can ask for.  The offense is playing well enough to win most games.  It's the D and the ST that need the help and that's what will take time.

Is the Knothole Gang the fans NU keeps caged behind chain link under the bleachers?

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Lulz

Have you seen how weak that division is? Northwestern is currently leading the B1G West this year and they needed a 99 yard miracle drive and OT to beat Nebraska at home. Adrian Martinez is easily the best QB in that division.

Have you seen how weak that division is? Northwestern is currently leading the B1G West this year and they needed a 99 yard miracle drive and OT to beat Nebraska at home. Adrian Martinez is easily the best QB in that division.

After coming off the longest losing streak in the schools history i found it amusing you all are saying “get your licks in now!” All after a meaningless win over another bad team...
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

After coming off the longest losing streak in the schools history i found it amusing you all are saying “get your licks in now!” All after a meaningless win over another bad team...

It is called watching the games and understanding that a team is not as bad as their record would indicate. I could not care less whether Nebraska wins or loses, they have out gained their opponents in 3 of their 6 losses. The West division is horrible.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

"You are what your record says you are." — Bill Parcells

In the context of one season, yes you are. This season is over for Nebraska, as it pertains to what they will or won't accomplish in the coming years. They have played much better than their record would indicate. It is the same reason why most of us were optimistic after last season because we were 11 points away from being 10-3. Were we 10-3? No, but we also weren't as bad as 7-6.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:04 PM, Bevojoe said:

Nebraska...generally flat, lots of corn fields, that’s about it, unless them being 1-6 and in the crappy West Div of the BIG counts

The B1G west is a slumbering giant, once Nebraska gets its act together, as other than Wisconsin there's no competition...

The game last week wasn't make or break or hot seat kind of stuff because the B1G sticks with coaches longer than other conferences, but Fleck needed that game more than Frosty did. Both teams were playing hard, going at it to the fourth quarter in a contest of bad football.

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

That is such an aggy, er, nebby thing to say.

But who knows? Maybe Nebraska will get average, even good. They need to start scheduling a lot more Bethune-Cookmans if they want that to happen.

How the hell did they get Bethune Cookman (sounds like a) High School on their schedule at this point in the year?

4 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

How the hell did they get Bethune Cookman (sounds like a) High School on their schedule at this point in the year?

It has to do with the cancellation of that earlier game, iirc.

*** edit *** the Akron game that was canceled.

Edited by Asithappens

On 10/22/2018 at 12:49 AM, kopp0e said:

The B1G west is a slumbering giant, once Nebraska gets its act together, as other than Wisconsin there's no competition...

If there's no competition other than Wisconsin, I don't think that means the Big 10 West is a "slumbering giant."  I think it means it's a generally shitty football conference.

1. Nebraska is not "getting its act together" anytime soon, and I barely harbor any ill will towards their program

2. The teams that comprise the Big10 West have not competed for a national title in over 15 years - and the last time any of them made it (02 Nebraska) they shouldn't have even played in the game. 

As long as Michigan remains tOSU's bitch ain't no one but the Buckeyes (maybe PSU) competing for titles out of the Big10. Wisconsin puts together some nice seasons at times but they are always too white to compete at a national level.