Beer 2020?! F*ck that sh*t! Beer 2021!

HenryJames

My favorite beers are moving from bottles to cans. There have been some great new microbrews that are good on tap but I’ve never seen them for sale in bottles. Rhinegeist Truth IPA out of Cincinnati is the best example I know. But I can’t find Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA in bottles anymore. And it’s harder to find Belll’s Two Hearted Ale in bottles anymore. I’ve considered that maybe I was overreacting and tried the cans again but there’s definitely a difference between bottles and cans. I won’t drink beer out of a can. And I’ve heard there’s an aluminum can shortage. And all the beaches and deserts in the world tell us that we’ll never run out of glass.

I really used to like my Commodore Perry. Great (Lakes) IPA that wasn’t fruity at all. It was pretty unique in the IPA world. But I will NOT buy it in a can. 

9 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Some of them always sucked.

I've never had a Widmer beer I thought was worth a shit, I suppose.  I didn't see the little ones down in the left hand corner when looking on my phone.  Plenty of "meh" in there.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Apparently I’ve hit some bullshit Tapa upload limit, but I’m drinking a Viva Zoda Czech Pils from Lion Bridge in Cedar Rapids out of a can and it fucking slams.

Czech Pilz is best pilz.  It is known.

• Like 2

Well...no. Bought plenty of Colorado beer, and California beer, and I think one was from Wyoming. While on vacation I buy beer I can't get at home.

This is my vacation rule. Going to Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur this weekend and the “no beers I can get at home rule” will be strictly enforced.

Also in the "no home beer when traveling" camp.

It annoyed me a bit to see all the ISU people celebrating Busch Light when we went to the Alamo Bowl.  Now, for some of those marathon drunks that weekend I wasn't going to ride craft beer all day, but for fuck's sake, chug a few Lone Stars.  When in Rome...

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MissingInAction said:

in Denver till Monday morning. Any recs while I'm here?

Also I've been finding Pinthouses Electric Jellyfish every where lately.

Falling Rock taphouse. 

My favorite CO breweries are outside of Denver.  If you're mobile and someone's willing to be soberish, go up to Fort Collins and hit O'Dell and Funkwerks.  I enjoyed stopping at Left Hand in Longmont a lot, too.

There are so many fucking breweries within an hour of you that it's almost impossible to keep up.  My big CO beer trip was 10 years ago and a lot of shit has changed.

• Hook 'Em 1