USMNT 2021

Napoleon

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

I don't recall McKenzie being this bad against Honduras. 

Also, imagine if the USMNT weren't playing 3 in the back. As porous as the back line has been, it would have been a massacre!

Maybe because Honduras sucks 

• Hook 'Em 1

HT Thoughts

1.  Berhalter should be fired immediately after the game.  Completely exposed with his formation and defensive selections. 

2.  McKenzie had one of the worst 1Hs I have ever seen.  He has a looooong way to go at this level.

3.  Sargent is not good enough.  Late runs and weak on the dribble.  We aren't doing shit with him as our 9.

4.  Mexico isn't going to let Puli beat them.

5.  Steffen needs to leave Man City this summer.  He needs games badly  

Just now, Texasborn91 said:

I think Adams comes on for Acosta at the half. Need a calming presence in the midfield. Also Sargent is fucking due. I have a feeling he gets one in the second half. 

Don't you think Adams would have started instead of Acosta if he were healthy? I doubt we see Adams at all. Beerholder was probably hoping Adams was good to go for Nations League, but this was wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

And I was being too hard on Steffen. He's young and talented. My frustration with other shit just bleeds its way into unjustified criticisms sometimes. 

I like Steffen.  He needs more than 11 games a year though

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

CP and Dest have been invisible outside of one run. How is that possible? 

Gio has been our best player but Brooks has been great as well. I’d like to see Aaronson for CP if he continues to be quiet. 

Dest has made some brain farts.

But CP being invisible is because we have such crap MF play. If CP can't get the ball, he can't make things happen.

Gio has been our best player but Brooks has been great as well. I’d like to see Aaronson for CP if he continues to be quiet. 

I can think of some subs I want, but CP isn't one of them.

• Haha 1

Just now, Zhorn96 said:

Can't imagine Miazga is as bad as McKenzie though.

There's no way he is. Like zero chance. But Berhalter is a shit-eating monkey being yanked around on a choke chain by all of the dickless cucks "running" this org.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I’d like to see Aaronson for CP if he continues to be quiet. 

Lol. Pulisic being quiet says nothing about Pulisic. CP is 4 times the player Aaronson is and I don't dislike Aaronson. Some of you need to watch more soccer outside of these games. 

Actually - not some of you - maybe just you - because everyone else in here knows their stuff. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

Lol. Pulisic being quiet says nothing about Pulisic. CP is 4 times the player Aaronson is and I don't dislike Aaronson. Some of you need to watch more soccer outside of these games. 

yeah, only way Pulisic comes out is if he gets murdered by a Mexican tackle

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Dest has made some brain farts.

But CP being invisible is because we have such crap MF play. If CP can't get the ball, he can't make things happen.

Dest is lackadaisical when it comes to defense.

I think midfield play would be significantly better if Musah was on the pitch. And obviously Adams instead of Acosta would be a significant upgrade.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Dest is lackadaisical when it comes to defense.

I think midfield play would be significantly better if Musah was on the pitch. And obviously Adams instead of Acosta would be a significant upgrade.

Adams would calm things and even with his rust he is Acosta x5.  At some point Aaronson on for Sargent would be interested.  That dude looks lightweight but he always sems to be around the ball in goal scoring situations.  I like him

3 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Just my opinion, CP hasn’t made much even with the touches he’s had. His passing has also been poor. He looks tired to me. 

First you say he's invisible now apparently he's all over the place making bad touches and passes. 

What the fuck are you talking about?

I wonder why Brooks, McKenzie, Steffen and Kellyn Fn Acosta touching the ball 2/3rds of the half with the occasional blast up to Sargent results in your best players getting the ball almost exclusively off of turnovers and then in Pulisics case, getting baited into forcing the worst of his possible outlets?  Herman making good players look completely lost was a hallmark of his time at Texas.  Sound familiar?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i forgot the world cup expands to 48 in '26 which makes my math even more lopsided in favor of moving

Yes they have 10 teams and 4.5 spots, but look at our top 5 vs their top 7. It isn't worth the extra spot, because we have 15 Cubas making it seem hard to qualify

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Yes they have 10 teams and 4.5 spots, but look at our top 5 vs their top 7. It isn't worth the extra spot, because we have 15 Cubas making it seem hard to qualify

15?  Try 35.  There are only about 6 teams in CONCACAF that can ever qualify.  Panama is done for a generation but maybe Canada slots in since they have some nice players but past Mexico, the US, Honduras, Costa Rica, Jamaica when they add a bunch of English born dudes plus 1 more (currently maybe Canada), the rest of the federation is complete dogshit

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

allow me to retort/restate my premise....

we need to make it more difficult for ourselves to qualify, or, rather, we need to play more meaningful/difficult games than only against mexico.

• Hook 'Em 1