2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

7 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Lewis f'd around and found out. What a piss poor performance. And then he seemingly quit at the end.

The top 2 in the heavyweight division are not fat and slow and will not let him win the first two rounds off leg kicks and distance jabs. That was a hell of a style mismatch last night. 

Yeah that last leg kick he took you could just see him looking for the exit. He got hit so squarely in the eye he was looking for an eye poke. Twice.  Not a good matchup for him  

i just don’t see him ever beating Frances, Gane, Stipe or Jones if he ever moves up and fights. But Lewis has a niche and he can earn money. He’ll always be a legend for “my balls was hot”

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, Chapo said:

Gane is as big as Francis, is a better point fighter and thus will drag it out to a decision win.

I would think this is the gameplan, but my view is that "Francis is just as big as Gane" and wouldn't be as easy to hit with leg kicks and jabs as Lewis. That height/reach advantage won't be the same. So yeah good luck trying to keep Ngannou at bay with peppering shots. At least I hope.

So it's a little weird that the Surly boxing thread hasn't moved an inch over the Paul vs. Woodley mama drama. I mean the fight is interesting. I would never pay for it, but if it were on I would definitely try and watch it.

Does nobody want to legitimize the circus fight or how seemingly sparse boxing is these days?

Also weird to see Kevin Lee's name so far down a Fight Night card.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

So it's a little weird that the Surly boxing thread hasn't moved an inch over the Paul vs. Woodley mama drama. I mean the fight is interesting. I would never pay for it, but if it were on I would definitely try and watch it.

Does nobody want to legitimize the circus fight or how seemingly sparse boxing is these days?

Also weird to see Kevin Lee's name so far down a Fight Night card.

Boxing is dead. There's Tyson Fury and Canelo and that's it.

first 3 rounds he was doing the typical woodley cat pawing thing with his wrists facing forward.  i think his ego was afraid of getting KO'ed by a counter. 

then he had jake paul LITERALLY on the ropes.  if he was more aggressive in the 5th, 6th, or 7th, he could have easily put him away.  he was more fresh and walking paul down for the last half of the fight, but played Timid Woodley and never actually pulled the trigger. 

actually entertaining match.  dont think it was thrown because it fits the woodley mold perfectly.  though if he secures a rematch, then you could say it worked in his favor.