Hostage Situation - 1900 Block of West 35th Street (Jackson Ave.) Near Mopac

atomheartbevo

"Initial reports indicate the suspect may have entered a nearby medical office and taken an unknown number of people hostage."

It's a building with a large children's medical office.

We saw a bunch of cops headed that way, but didn't realize it was this serious.

Edited by atomheartbevo

• atomheartbevo changed the title to Hostage Situation - 1900 Block of West 35th Street (Jackson Ave.) Near Mopac

Detectives asked the assailants, "Which weighs more...all the light-rail trains that pass through downtown Austin or all the beef used to make the ribs at Franklin?"  

Kind of an "Inside Job" vibe, you ask me.  

Edited by Lobo

I've never seen/heard of Citizen App before, but apparently it's an attempt to crowdsource shit in a more logical manner - rather than reading a bunch of tweets, etc. that can jump around in time and location, it tries to organize it in a timeline of sorts.

https://citizen.com/-MS-owNfcmrY6fhQSgRU?q=austin

I've never seen/heard of Citizen App before, but apparently it's an attempt to crowdsource shit in a more logical manner - rather than reading a bunch of tweets, etc. that can jump around in time and location, it tries to organize it in a timeline of sorts.

I got it back when 35 was being blocked off by BLM protests. You should delete it. Knowing the actual crime in the area is pure paranoia.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ve liked it for shit very close to home. Often these things don’t show up in news because they don’t affect enough people.

8:30 p.m. update: As a hostage situation that started more than three hours ago at a doctor's office in Central Austin continued Tuesday evening, SWAT negotiators could be heard calling out on a bullhorn to the hostage taker urging him to answer calls or text messages on his phone.

“Your life is very important to me,” a member of the SWAT team said over the loudspeaker. “And I know life is very important to you.”

The SWAT team's attempts to communicate with the people inside, which could be heard in the surrounding areas, also suggested that an Austin doctor is one of the hostages and that another doctor may be the hostage taker. 

“You don’t deserve to go through this... for all you have done for others... that is why I want to help you work through this. You have saved a lot of lives,” a hostage negotiator could be heard over the loudspeaker. 

Police have not said how many people are being held or confirmed other details of the incident. 

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/01/26/austin-police-responding-hostage-situation-north-austin/4269245001/

Edited by LonghornSean

How the fuck have they not sent anybody in?  They  have to have eyes on him, or are hearing him or something.  2 fucking hours.

Someone mentioned earlier they have people in the adjoining building. I’m wondering if they have a mic or something picking up noise/voices. Maybe I watch too much tv.