Hostage Situation - 1900 Block of West 35th Street (Jackson Ave.) Near Mopac

atomheartbevo

Per APD news conference when the robot made entry the hostage was seen on camera and appeared seriously wounded. SWAT entered immediately and the situation ended soon after. More info to come in morning. It sounded like several people behind the media were close to the victim judging from the crying and shrieking upon hearing the news.

Is the speculation that this is Dr. Dodson? She is not our pediatrician but she answered a call when our two week old kicked and took a header off the couch for our pediatricians 24 hour line. Got us in the fast lane to the cat scanner at Dell and called multiple times to check on us afterwards.

Edited by UnivTex34

11 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Is the speculation that this is Dr. Dodson? She is not our pediatrician but she answered a call when our two week old kicked and took a header off the couch for our pediatricians 24 hour line. Got us in the fast lane to the cat scanner at Dell and called multiple times to check on us afterwards.

Yes.

16 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Per APD news conference when the robot made entry the hostage was seen on camera and appeared seriously wounded. SWAT entered immediately and the situation ended soon after.

They went for 2+ hours without contact from the hostage taker.  If she was there wounded for hours, and they did nothing...

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Affirmative

6 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Austin APD SWAT was apparently negotiating (using their cutting edge tactics and training) with dead people for the last three hours or so.

And you've got to think that all the local TV news producers are pissed that the story didn't get resolved in time to make the 10 pm news shows tonight!

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Yep.  The KXAN twitter feed had video of the negotiator commenting about how they hadn't heard from anybody inside for several hours.

Isn’t the more realistic scenario that she was already dead and he was alive and not answering the phone, and subsequently either offed himself or committed suicide by cop when SWAT breached?

28 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Yeah, the deceased has a few kids, 2 of which are friends with my kids. I live in Tarrytown and it was everything I could do to not grab my guns and do APD’s job for them. Wife is not well. Community around here is not going to be well. Fuck. 

In the same boat. Trying to comfort my wife right now. Our daughters are friends. She’s beside herself. Talking about how to talk to our daughter in the morning. Can’t imagine what the family is going through. 

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think those were media members, not family members.

My apologies.  The Reddit thread identified those folks as being employees of the medical practice.  IDK for sure, but it certainly makes more sense than random media folks being upset about the news.  Fucking sad in any event.

28 minutes ago, wreckatx said:

In the same boat. Trying to comfort my wife right now. Our daughters are friends. She’s beside herself. Talking about how to talk to our daughter in the morning. Can’t imagine what the family is going through. 

Same here. Wife and her friends are all fucked up right now. Tomorrow will be fucked up for the kids. 

Such a terrible story. Pediatricians are great people.

Feel for those that have kids that go there. Gonna be thought to explain. All of Austin will have trouble explaining to kids as well if they catch it on the news. My daughter did earlier tonight. Just horrible