Bourbon

Jimbaround

1 hour ago, RichUT said:

If I had three pours worse than that last year I’d be shocked. Almost undrinkable. And that was an opinion held by everyone in our group of 10.

I think y’all caught one that was left in a trunk or something. It was a super interesting bottle. Probably better than some Old Forester Birthday Bourbons I’ve had. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, RichUT said:

If I had three pours worse than that last year I’d be shocked. Almost undrinkable. And that was an opinion held by everyone in our group of 10.

I feel like I need to give you a sample from my bottle. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around cracking this with 9 friends who like good bourbon and every single one hating it. Every single person I know who’s had it at least liked it. 

I feel like I need to give you a sample from my bottle. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around cracking this with 9 friends who like good bourbon and every single one hating it. Every single person I know who’s had it at least liked it. 

Sure. I’d love nothing more than to be proven wrong. We still have that bottle somewhere so a side by side would be easy.

48 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Sure. I’d love nothing more than to be proven wrong. We still have that bottle somewhere so a side by side would be easy.

PM me and I’ll get it to you.  Meanwhile, this for sure doesn’t suck.  I could easily be convinced it was Eagle Rare 17 if it was blind.  

9E625555-F12F-4928-A0DC-88F9A63C9C6C.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

631d1823a9ca9864aeb68585ec7b01eb.png
Pretty excited. I have had a couple bottles of ECBP and really enjoyed them. I’m down to the last few pours in a previous bottle. Funny thing is….the store where I win these raffles usually has better bourbons left at the end. Most people go for the Blantons and eagle before the Antique or ECBP. I hit on a bottle of Stagg Jr at this spot because everyone else took the name first. So in the last 3 draws I’ve won a larceny, an antique, and now an ECBP. I know these aren’t some of the highly sought after bottles most post here. But i think I have a pretty good stash of solid juice in my cabinet.

8 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

Pretty excited. I have had a couple bottles of ECBP and really enjoyed them. I’m down to the last few pours in a previous bottle. Funny thing is….the store where I win these raffles usually has better bourbons left at the end. Most people go for the Blantons and eagle before the Antique or ECBP. I hit on a bottle of Stagg Jr at this spot because everyone else took the name first. So in the last 3 draws I’ve won a larceny, an antique, and now an ECBP. I know these aren’t some of the highly sought after bottles most post here. But i think I have a pretty good stash of solid juice in my cabinet.

I’m guessing there’s some mark up there? Antique is usually 50 bucks. 

I think you made the right choice unless the Antique was a store pick. 

I’m guessing there’s some mark up there? Antique is usually 50 bucks. 

I think you made the right choice unless the Antique was a store pick. 

You are correct. The antique was marked up. But I had never had a bottle. So I went ahead and paid for it. That was on a previous raffle. This months raffle had the ECBP left and I took it. At the end of the day I’m trying to effectuate a relationship with the store owners and hope that I can parlay that into some other bottles. I make it a point to buy my Rare Breed from them. So if I have to overpay then so be it. But I’m hoping it leads to bigger and better things in the future.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

You are correct. The antique was marked up. But I had never had a bottle. So I went ahead and paid for it. That was on a previous raffle. This months raffle had the ECBP left and I took it. At the end of the day I’m trying to effectuate a relationship with the store owners and hope that I can parlay that into some other bottles. I make it a point to buy my Rare Breed from them. So if I have to overpay then so be it. But I’m hoping it leads to bigger and better things in the future.

Best of luck to you sir. 

23 hours ago, Txslnghrns said:

ECBP never disappoints and the store picks are also great even if they’re 2-3 years younger.  The tater bottles I post are fun, but the law of diminishing returns hits pretty hard after a $70 bottle of 12 year barrel proof Elijah.  

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I assume the context is you picked a bottle of BT Four Grain?

I fucking wish.

8 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Yeah, I’m gonna need some details here…

Just a barrel someone saw at BT on a tour.  Guess there's gonna be another round of 4G in the future.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Maybe by the time it's ready to bottle the bourbon craze will passed and these turds will be on to Indiana distilled, Reverse Recycled triple-osmosized fat girl farts and we can have our brown water back.

I’ve never left 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Blenders, is 1915 still a thing? I might give it a shot with a 1897, 1910, 1920 375ml 3 pack. Not a bad deal for $84. 

I’m going to restock the bottom shelf this weekend. Blending Jack Bonded & Triple Mash and setting it aside for 2 weeks. 1870. More Rebecca Creek Spanish Oak. And I’ll roll the dice on Unbendt Straight Malt Whiskey. I’ll crack the Unbendt Friday night and report back. 

Probably out on Makers Mark Private Select until Dollar Days in August. 

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably out on Makers Mark Private Select until Dollar Days in August. 

Be sure to let us know if you change your mind.

I've never made 1915 but I like the idea.

• Haha 1

How I’d handle the Spec’s drop differently this year (assuming it’s on a Friday again): 

Wait until about 6pm and pick the leftovers. RRSiB wasn’t priced well, but it did slam. I’lll buy at least 2. The Sazerac pick at $30 is insane value for a rye. I’ll buy a case if available. A couple BT picks. I’ll skip everything else unless they have some Jack SiBBP picks available (2021 pick was phenomenal).

Don’t tell me what to do.
Balcones makes some killer single malts.
Fight me.

I couldn't figure out who you were talking to. Then I remembered I have dipstick on ignore and that's most likely who you're responding to. I hope your buttcheeks grow together for making me click read on his stupid ass posts.

I said 4 years ago when Witherspoon changed hands that Bendt was trash and to just wait until Q's no-compete was up. Also, everyone knows what Balcones to drink and which not to. No surprise that taterboy has absolutely no idea.

34 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

LMD know what they're doing. And evidently you know who to do. Well done. I'd sell BigD's kidney for that one.

Auction score for about half what they’ve been going for secondary.  I’m not sure I’d pay $250 for one, but life is short and I’m amused by the idea of 10 year Kentucky bourbon picked by a store in France, then repatriated via auction for the price of a Garrison Bros single barrel.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3