Texas @ Baylor Series Thread

TrashMaster G

1 hour ago, Newdoc said:

Kind of. Got punched in the mouth and thought, “meh, two outta three ain’t bad.”

Seems like it. They were going through the motions for the first 4 or 5 innings. Hopefully we learn from this, regroup on Tuesday and bring the intensity next weekend against the cOcksUckers 

Pitching has to be not perfect, but real damned good for us to win.  We aren't going to see many slug-it-out Sundays like back in the good old days where the Horns would finish the sweep 12-9 (or whatever bloated score) because we can't, ahem, slug.

That's what it looks like from my angle.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Pitching has to be not perfect, but real damned good for us to win.  We aren't going to see many slug-it-out Sundays like back in the good old days where the Horns would finish the sweep 12-9 (or whatever bloated score) because we can't, ahem, slug.

That's what it looks like from my angle.

Yep. Luckily we finally have a good defensive catcher and infield(besides today)

Even if they did play the little sisters of the poor before us, I think all their starters' BAs were over .300 and a couple or three over .400.  That's not an accident.

It's a testament to our starting pitching on Friday and Saturday.

To some extent, those bats were gonna be fed at some point.  The Sunday dropoff seemed to be that point.

I am going to guess that after the SCe sweep and our domination of midweek games of late, the boyz started believing some of their own bullshit and got taken down a notch today.  Maybe a good learning experience.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1