2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Holy shit, Dusty Baker is stupid.
Dude we had a 2-1 lead with Pressly coming in for the 9th when it happened. I know you like to beat off to Dusty, but i know you are smarter than that....i think.

Him playing the field in the first place would be the argument....not the defensive sub
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Dude we had a 2-1 lead with Pressly coming in for the 9th when it happened. I know you like to beat off to Dusty, but i know you are smarter than that....i think.

Him playing the field in the first place would be the argument....not the defensive sub

I don't see him as that bad a fielder...Chaz in center seems more dangerous out there. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Knowing our record in close games, yes. Don't pull one of your best hitters when you don't need to.

Even if that specific point is granted (which I don't entirely agree with), that was not why this game turned out this way but you have a massive hard on for hating on Dusty Baker. It's almost a fetish. Graveman and Pressly fucked us. And the ump on the Correa at bat. And Castro and Yuli. 

Just now, Gourmand said:

Even if that specific point is granted (which I don't entirely agree with), that was not why this game turned out this way but you have a massive hard on for hating on Dusty Baker. It's almost a fetish. Graveman and Pressly fucked us. And the ump on the Correa at bat. And Castro and Yuli. 

Hmmmmmm.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Hmmmmmm.

Yeah and you just assume that Yordan would've driven that run in? When Castro has also delivered multiple times in the clutch late, but failed this time? You're foolishly assuming outcomes from a hypothetical at bat when the reality is that this game was four outs from a win with our two best relievers on the mound. That's the story, not Dusty Baker subbing out Yordan for defensive purposes late. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Yeah and you just assume that Yordan would've driven that run in? When Castro has also delivered multiple times in the clutch late, but failed this time? You're foolishly assuming outcomes from a hypothetical at bat when the reality is that this game was four outs from a win with our two best relievers on the mound. That's the story, not Dusty Baker subbing out Yordan for defensive purposes late. 

OK. Cool.

Just now, David Dennison said:

All things considered, I would have preferred Correa/Alvarez/Gurriel.

I would have too, but the thought process for the managerial move was sound even though I disagreed with it. But in no way is this game on Dusty Baker. It's on that fucking ump more than him, but in actuality the Astros wasted something like 15 risps today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gourmand said:

I would have too, but the thought process for the managerial move was sound even though I disagreed with it. But in no way is this game on Dusty Baker. It's on that fucking ump more than him, but in actuality the Astros wasted something like 15 risps today. 

It's a little on Dusty. He's got a reputation.