2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Pssst....not enough people give a shit about keeping score to do a full broadcast on it att

I actually think it's a good idea for the sport and don't mind it. There are plenty of baseball fans who don't know how to keep score so imo it's a good way to 1) teach them something they might not realize they want to know and 2) teach them something that will deepen their interest in watching baseball games and can teach their kids/friends/family etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

They still won't do it. I go to hundreds of games and may see 1 person per game doing it.

People would rather fuck around on their phones all game than figure out how to keep score

I think it's more common to see at minor league games, I've seen quite a few fans at Express games keeping score. I do it when I go to a game alone just to keep myself entertained while drinking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

For some reason they aren’t showing scraps’ tweets about his feelings on the scoring broadcast
Yeah i mean Straw hit a bouncer that was borderline fair and no one cares to replay it cause we are looking at Kalas scorecard from 3 years ago

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

They still won't do it. I go to hundreds of games and may see 1 person per game doing it.

People would rather fuck around on their phones all game than figure out how to keep score

My wife and I have scored the game whenever we’ve gone for 30 years. She taught me to do it.  It was a way that she enjoyed game and stayed engaged. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just chiming in to say that the national narrative of Tatis stealing signs compared to the Astros is predictable and exhausting.
Is there a bigger bunch of whiny ass pusses than Dodgers fans and organization?? They are perpetually aggrieved and crybitching nonstop. They're equally guilty of breaking the unwritten rules, if not just outright cheating, and this is all just projection.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1