2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Smith is almost 40 and has lost another couple of mph to bring him down to 85-85 on his fastball.  Of course Dusty didn't notice this and used him like he was 2019 Smith until he got blasted two or three times.  If he can recapture his velo he might be of some use but if not blowouts are the only games in which he should be pitching.  

3 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Smith is almost 40 and has lost another couple of mph to bring him down to 85-85 on his fastball.  Of course Dusty didn't notice this and used him like he was 2019 Smith until he got blasted two or three times.  If he can recapture his velo he might be of some use but if not blowouts are the only games in which he should be pitching.  

that was the perfect time to use smith, big lead 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

that was the perfect time to use smith, big lead 

Yep.  I'm not sure why Pressly threw the 9th though, other than he hadn't pitched since Saturday.  The next 3 will probably be 1-run games now.

The bullpen has been so bad lately that you need Pressly to protect a 6 run lead. He has been very good so far, and is the only guy in the pen that has been consistent in his performance. 

The Astros have only had 2 games where it was a save situation going into the 9th. Pressly got the win in the 1st, because he had pitched the 8th, and got the save in the other.

Nine days after being put on the injured list due to health and safety protocols related to the coronavirus, Astros star second baseman Jose Altuve is clear to return.

Astros manager Dusty Baker announced Friday afternoon Altuve had cleared protocols and said he hoped to see Altuve at Minute Maid Park later in the day.

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

Nice, caught a break there.  It seems like we've seen a lot of these the last few years.  His last step was inside the line Joe.

whaa he was running outside the lane the entire time. I know it looks strange af in real time and counterintuitive but the rule is the runner is supposed to run in the foul territory side of the line and if he gets hit in the back outside of it, he's out. 

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

whaa he was running outside the lane the entire time. I know it looks strange af in real time and counterintuitive but the rule is the runner is supposed to run in the foul territory side of the line and if he gets hit in the back outside of it, he's out. 

Right, I meant he was inside the line as in he was in fair territory.  It was the right call.

Edited by WBT

So- is my favorite part of the game watching us get one pitiful hit? Or is it cleaning the shit out of my 5 year olds shorts in the family bathroom while my 8 and 10 year old stand outside the door going- daddy what is wrong. It’s a metaphor for the last 2 weeks of the season for sure. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 2