2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, WBT said:

So if we knew Altuve was back today, maybe play Correa yesterday and wait until tonight to give him a day off?  Nah.

Why would want to deny Straw another chance at leadoff? He's only 1-16 as the Astros are 0-4 being outscored 22-13 in those games.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

urquidy might be our sp2. regardless, he’s a really solid sp3 and a great sp4 if javier keeps it up. 

it was clear he was uncomfortable in denver. he’s fine and floods the strike zone. 

He was down 5-6 mph in Denver for almost the entirety of his start.  I was worried that he was injured but I guess the weather made him that uncomfortable.  The shape of his breaking pitches has improved a lot since he first arrived but he doesn't have the ability yet to keep them down.  I think he has a higher ceiling than what he's shown so far if he can make a few tweaks.  

7 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

He was down 5-6 mph in Denver for almost the entirety of his start.  I was worried that he was injured but I guess the weather made him that uncomfortable.  The shape of his breaking pitches has improved a lot since he first arrived but he doesn't have the ability yet to keep them down.  I think he has a higher ceiling than what he's shown so far if he can make a few tweaks.  

I'm not sure anyone could have expected anything from a blizzard.

so was that more aggy or more Machete in the Zone?

Good lord that was a wicked salvo of pitches.  Where the fuck has that been all of our lives?

Edited by slorch