2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I like this Garcia kid, he's got a good pitch mix and can locate.

Garcia, Framber, McCullers, Javier, and Urquidy will make less than $20M next year.

There is no reason we can't get a better lineup around that rotation.

Take McCullers out and those other 4 will cost about $5M. Framber will be in arb1 and will get a nice raise. 

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Oh I didn't know the Astros played this afternoon. Guess they didn't know they were playing either 

Pitching was solid.  Nearly had the defensive play of the year which was the difference in the game.  Kikuchi was dealing.  It was a good game.  

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Jim Callis's Astros minor leagues report is out. 

Notable that Pedro Leon will be playing SS at Corpus and hitting leadoff. I think that means the team expects Correa to leave in free agency. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-minor-league-spring-training-report?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

If the potential glut of quality SS's on the market next year, and the position being the strongest it's been since the late 90s-00s, Correa is going to find himself in a difficult position unless he starts hitting.

Baez, Seager, Story, Simmons, and Crawford will all be FAs along with Correa.

52 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If the potential glut of quality SS's on the market next year, and the position being the strongest it's been since the late 90s-00s, Correa is going to find himself in a difficult position unless he starts hitting.

Baez, Seager, Story, Simmons, and Crawford will all be FAs along with Correa.

He has a higher OPS than every one of those guys except Seager and he's younger than every other 2022 FA SS. I think the only difficult position he will ever find himself in starts with DANI and ends with ELLA.

• Haha 1