Texas @ Kansas - Thurs. - Sat. Series - ESPN+

zlavydra

2 minutes ago, petscii said:

He was dismissed from a suffering Texas team in 2013 that could have used him.  There was some draft potential as a sophomore that did not pan out. he was also hurt with leg injuries as I recall.   He played 2 seasons of indy baseball before hanging it up.   His brother signed with Oklahoma so that might speak about how the family feels about Texas.

I liked Cohl.

His departure was so abrupt it seemed like it was a serious team rules violation.  But he was damn good. 

Please get the sweep. My only complaint about this team so far is the lack of that game three killer instinct. Our best teams have had it. I like how this team puts the kill shot together in individual games like they did in the late innings today. Give me that for game three one time. 

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

Another series win.  Finish the sweep tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Next logical step in this season is to sweep a crappy team on the road. 

1 minute ago, jinx said:

Please get the sweep. My only complaint about this team so far is the lack of that game three killer instinct. Our best teams have had it. I like how this team puts the kill shot together in individual games like they did in the late innings today. Give me that for game three one time. 

Great minds and whatnot.  

19 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Yeah, Madden is the only difference between these teams... 

7-0

Lol. Who was saying that? Our bats come and go but Texas is a legit top 10 team with some of the best pitching and defense at the college level. Kansas is demonstrably average or not very good and so far we have handled them as such. If we can't sweep them tomorrow then maybe some concern is warranted but this is likely another CWS Texas team that isn't quite good enough to win it all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol. Who was saying that? Our bats come and go but Texas is a legit top 10 team with some of the best pitching and defense at the college level. Kansas is demonstrably average or not very good and so far we have handled them as such. If we can't sweep them tomorrow then maybe some concern is warranted but this is likely another CWS Texas team that isn't quite good enough to win it all.

Quote from Spicoli around the beginning of the game.

1 hour ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

His departure was so abrupt it seemed like it was a serious team rules violation.  But he was damn good. 

AUSTIN, Texas - Junior outfielder Cohl Walla (Austin/Lake Travis HS) has been dismissed from The University of Texas Baseball program for violation of team rules, head coach Augie Garrido announced today.

"We are extremely disappointed in the release of Cohl," Garrido said. "We see him as an exceptional athlete and it's disappointing that we didn't do more to help him stay focused in order to reach his full potential. We are proud of the fact that he is going to graduate from The University of Texas and will do everything in our power to help him sign a professional contract."

Walla, who made 91 starts in 116 career games at Texas, played in four games this season for the Longhorns, going 0-for-4 at the plate. He opened his Texas career in 2010 by earning Baseball America Freshman All-America second team honors after batting .316 with eight home runs and 40 RBI.

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

AUSTIN, Texas - Junior outfielder Cohl Walla (Austin/Lake Travis HS) has been dismissed from The University of Texas Baseball program for violation of team rules, head coach Augie Garrido announced today.

"We are extremely disappointed in the release of Cohl," Garrido said. "We see him as an exceptional athlete and it's disappointing that we didn't do more to help him stay focused in order to reach his full potential. We are proud of the fact that he is going to graduate from The University of Texas and will do everything in our power to help him sign a professional contract."

Walla, who made 91 starts in 116 career games at Texas, played in four games this season for the Longhorns, going 0-for-4 at the plate. He opened his Texas career in 2010 by earning Baseball America Freshman All-America second team honors after batting .316 with eight home runs and 40 RBI.

If Dustin Majewski didn't play at Blinn his FRESH that guy would have scorched the Big 12 and probably landed on a few FRESH ALL American lists. In 2001 that South NCJAA conference had 3 pitchers make it to the show and was absolutely loaded. 

Edited by Blackcat00

It looked like if Cam committed he might have been able to get back into 3rd.  The 3B threw it early considering Cam was already stopping.  Still he did a good job to let 2 runners get into scoring position at least.