Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah I’m familiar with Brunswick.  About 15 minutes away from the water it turns into backwoods fucking nowhere. I’m not familiar with the actual neighborhood where it took place, though. 

It is east of I95.  If Arbery had ducked though the backyards (and managed to wade through some coastal marsh) he would have been in the Benz/Porsche/BMW import center and a somewhat longer walk gets him to the Cruise boats (on East River - the larger Cruise boats dock at St Simons).

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

He has an immense following across the globe. As such, he has an immense obligation not to say things that intentionally stoke division and fuel more hatred of others.

can anyone else think of someone else who fit that descriptor? Hint: you all fucking loved it when he did that shit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, JBJ said:

It is east of I95.  If Arbery had ducked though the backyards (and managed to wade through some coastal marsh) he would have been in the Benz/Porsche/BMW import center and a somewhat longer walk gets him to the Cruise boats.

I used to do some some work out of that port there.  

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

He has an immense following across the globe. As such, he has an immense obligation not to say things that intentionally stoke division and fuel more hatred of others.

can anyone else think of someone else who fit that descriptor? Hint: you all fucking loved it when he did that shit.

Agreed.  That time he doxed and implicitly threated a police officer really pissed me off

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Had he doxed them first?

see you can´t do it. and here's why: you aren't at all concerned with false narratives, and you certainly don't give a fuck about people with power using their voices to stoke hatred and division. in fact, you actually love it. when it's your side, you gobble that shit up. and when it's the other side, you do the same (this thread will have a 100+ pages when it's all done, filled with angry white guys feigning outrage that someone would dare push a false narrative to stoke division!!!). this is your favorite type of mud to wallow in. it's why the majority of your posts are in topics rife with other side-isms and enough grey area to push whatever narrative casts blame on that other side.

you are exactly what you are: a complete fucking hypocrite. stop telling us you actually care about things like responsibility and truth. you don't give a flying fuck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

see you can´t do it. and here's why: you aren't at all concerned with false narratives, and you certainly don't give a fuck about people with power using their voices to stoke hatred and division. in fact, you actually love it. when it's your side, you gobble that shit up. and when it's the other side, you do the same (this thread will have a 100+ pages when it's all done, filled with angry white guys feigning outrage that someone would dare push a false narrative to stoke division!!!). this is your favorite type of mud to wallow in. it's why the majority of your posts are in topics rife with other side-isms and enough grey area to push whatever narrative casts blame on that other side.

you are exactly what you are: a complete fucking hypocrite. stop telling us you actually care about things like responsibility and truth. you don't give a flying fuck.

#trumpsaidmeanthings

22 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

But Trump!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Holy shit the goal posting moving boys are in town. What Lebron did was 100% wrong. With his fame and celebrity comes a measure or responsibility, especially when you're gonna post things of that nature.  That isn't a black, white, yellow, red, or orange thing. It's an act like an adult thing.

The commentary about this issue is still being slanted as much as possible to cast the cop in a bad light. Listening to NPR on the way to work, a guest was saying Makia' was in a knife fight.  Really ?  She was in a knife fight, or was she a knife wielding assailant, about to plunge said knife in to an unarmed cowering victim.  That's the typical avoid the facts reporting that is so prevalent when one side is trying  to create an issue that just isn't there.    Creative editing how does it work ? 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Holy shit the goal posting moving boys are in town. What Lebron did was 100% wrong. With his fame and celebrity comes a measure or responsibility, especially when you're gonna post things of that nature.  That isn't a black, white, yellow, red, or orange thing. It's an act like an adult thing.

I very much agree with you on the bold....but dude....that motherfucking ship has sailed, exploded, and the pieces sank to the bottom of the sea.

Not only is that no the standard for influential people/leaders, the standard is the exact OPPOSITE.  

I don't fucking like it, not in the least.  I've been concerned about it for a long fucking time (thus, the Ledge).  But as a culture, we've cast our vote - this is how we like it, so this is what we get.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I very much agree with you on the bold....but dude....that motherfucking ship has sailed, exploded, and the pieces sank to the bottom of the sea.

Not only is that no the standard for influential people/leaders, the standard is the exact OPPOSITE.  

I don't fucking like it, not in the least.  I've been concerned about it for a long fucking time (thus, the Ledge).  But as a culture, we've cast our vote - this is how we like it, so this is what we get.

Like I said earlier, it's exhausting trying to pick a side. Just hate both sides and everything. It's so relaxing to not have to go out of your way to defend something. Oh Lebron, yeah fuck him he's a bitch. Oh the news organizations pumping out dumbass misleading headlines, yeah fuck them to...they're stupid as fuck.

Just sit back and watch bad teammate shit all over a thread when he has no backbone, yeah fuck him. 

Hollywood playing partisan bullshit, fuck him too.

@immamac likely only doing a stream of the spring game in discord instead of a restaurant catered meal for surly, a big fuck you to him as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Who here is arguing that Lebron's initial take was a good one? No one.

The board klansmen are actively attempting to stoke racial hatred by lying outright and playing on racist fears and stereotypes. You might not care about that, but I do.

Yeah you can give that shit up. Much of the media is still out there casting the cop in the worst light possible, and trying to edit the actual facts of the situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

#LeBronsaidmeanthings

Why are you all worked up about LeBron? Were you this worked up about trump?

No, he was not.  We have two segments of our society that loudly and gleefully cheer celebrities/leaders saying hateful, divisive bullshit.....so long as it supports their chosen worldview.  Many of us do not.  But a shitload of us do.  And those groups should STFU about it, because they've long ago decided they think that kind of conduct is AWESOME.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah you can give that shit up. Much of the media is still out there casting the cop in the worst light possible, and trying to edit the actual facts of the situation.

I'm not talking to "much of the media" here.

I'm talking to people like you, who are OK with someone lying about James "doxxing" the cop but get mad when someone asks if that's actually true.

Onboard agreed with me earlier that James wasn't trying to incite violence against police. Yet it's me he's butthurt about and he has nothing at all to say to those who say James was trying to incite violence against police officers.

That's curious. Why is that?

One might think he's actually lying and he also believes that black people are violent animals.

But there might be a better explanation.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not talking to "much of the media" here.

I'm talking to people like you, who are OK with someone lying about James "doxxing" the cop but get mad when someone asks if that's actually true.

I'm sorry WTF are you going on about ?  I haven't said a word about him doxxing anyone. My issue is he jumped to a dangerous conclusion than then didn't have the balls to admit he was wrong, and in fact doubled down on his ignorance.

Of course you can't address the media issue cause that wouldn't help your case one bit.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm sorry WTF are you going on about ?  I haven't said a word about him doxxing anyone. My issue is he jumped to a dangerous conclusion than then didn't have the balls to admit he was wrong, and in fact doubled down on his ignorance.

Of course you can't address the media issue cause that wouldn't help your case one bit.

You accused me of moving the goalposts by asking Baba to back up his assertion re: doxxing.

And what do I need to address regarding the media? Some outlets make mistakes and correct them. Those who do that usually also have fact-checking departments to help prevent those mistakes in the first place.

Some outlets do neither retractions nor fact-checking.

I prefer the former to the latter. You prefer the latter to the former.

You accused me of moving the goalposts by asking Baba to back up his assertion re: doxxing.

And what do I need to address regarding the media? Some outlets make mistakes and correct them. Those who do that usually also have fact-checking departments to help prevent those mistakes in the first place.

Some outlets do neither retractions nor fact-checking.

I prefer the former to the latter. You prefer the latter to the former.

Riiiiiiiiight....

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Posting a picture of a cop is not doxxing.

edit: I agree that the picture with the "You're next" text was a threat. I agree that was over the line.  Illegal? I don't know.

Chris Rock: "I don't condone it, but I understand it"

It's not illegal here.  In most of East Asia it is though.  It's 6mo prison in SG.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Posting a picture of a public official is not doxxing.

And please define specifically what you mean by "to target them".

It facilities the identification of a subject who would be likely to be harassed in part due to the nature of the post.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, he was not.  We have two segments of our society that loudly and gleefully cheer celebrities/leaders saying hateful, divisive bullshit.....so long as it supports their chosen worldview.  Many of us do not.  But a shitload of us do.  And those groups should STFU about it, because they've long ago decided they think that kind of conduct is AWESOME.

“What about Trump!” Is the new “But Hillary!”, I see.

I guess it’s the virtuous cycle of the new regime and fans of new regime demanding tacit censorship from the old regime/fans who are out of power based on the condition they are not on the same team, until the next cycle and forever.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.c46da240477b774c0a90454d20564a15.png

Yeah okay buddy. I guess publicly identifying the officer isn't doxxing with the threat of him being prosecuted for the killing of this teenage girl isn't doxxing. What fucking world do you live in? 

The video was released by the department.

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

It facilities the identification of a subject who would be likely to be harassed in part due to the nature of the post.

Evidence of this being true?

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It's not illegal here.  In most of East Asia it is though.  It's 6mo prison in SG.

Cite your sources.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I thought that ignorant fuck should have never tweeted and particularly from the White House.

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

“What about Trump!” Is the new “But Hillary!”, I see.

I guess it’s the virtuous cycle of the new regime and fans of new regime demanding tacit censorship from the old regime/fans who are out of power based on the condition they are not on the same team, until the next cycle and forever.

When you're complaining about the exact same type of behavior.....it does tend to ring a bit hollow.

Some of us have not been fans of the behavior at all, from anyone.  I think Trump sucked to do it, I think Lebron is fucked up here (and I said so).  Others are not only okay with the behavior, but APPROVE of it, when it's from their "team."  So, they actually don't have a problem with the behavior at all. That's the difference.  Do you think it sucks across the board, or just when the opposing team does it?

I think that as a rhetorical technique/approach, it harms us greatly.  I have thought that for a long time.  Many people clearly disagree with me.

50 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The board klansmen are actively attempting to stoke racial hatred

As are you with statements like this and your "but why"?  question that you say over and over.  The only reason you are in this thread is because you want people here to say they are racist.  You add nothing to the discussion.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, VABuckeye said:

As are you with statements like this and your "but why"?  question that you say over and over.  The only reason you are in this thread is because you want people here to say they are racist.  You add nothing to the discussion.

I don't care whether or not people who are spreading racist ideas admit it, I care about exposing racist ideas for what they are.

Notice how you and others don't really bother to deny what I'm saying and, instead, attack me personally?

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't care whether or not people who are spreading racist ideas admit it, I care about exposing racist ideas for what they are.

Notice how you and others don't really bother to deny what I'm saying and, instead, attack me personally?

As opposed to your passive aggressive attacking of people?  There's nothing to deny.  99% of what you post is drivel.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Thank you bad teammate, very cool. 

wow so much for the tolerant left

15 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

As opposed to your passive aggressive attacking of people?  There's nothing to deny.  99% of what you post is drivel.

If I'm ever passive aggressive I apologize for that. I try to be very transparent and direct with exactly what I'm thinking.

Lebron James had the wrong take to start with. He feels passionately about the suffering black Americans face in a white-dominated police system and it sometimes leads him to bad takes and lousy assumptions. This is one of those cases. It was a bad first take.

- He didn't doxx anyone.
- He didn't intend to incite violence.
- He didn't call for violence.

Many posters here have ideologies built on racist ideas. Their racist beliefs were the basis for their reaction to James's bad take. It led them to believe that James's Tweet was a call to violence even though James's Tweet was a direct reference to a legal process of criminal justice. It led them to mislabel James's Tweet as "doxxing" because, like the psycho lady in the NY park, they believe that dishonestly escalating accusations against black people is the right thing to do.

I am right about all of this.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

He didn't doxx anyone.

Incorrect. They even linked the fucking dictionary.  But double down like your boy LBJ. 

He didn't intend to incite violence.

Show your work. You’ve asked everyone you disagree with to, now it’s your turn. What did he mean?  

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He didn't call for violence.

Neither did the orange buffoon. But the thing is, people take what they want from messages.  Think you call it a dog whistle?  

At the end of the day, LBJ is an uneducated fucking joke off the court at best, and actively trying to divide our country at worst.  You determine where you think he falls, and we can all do the same. Fair enough?