Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Fwiw, @South Austin link looks like Jordan has it right imo.   Still kind of a dick tho. Which you probably have to be to be a GOAT. 

I wasn’t implying he’s not a dick, as most greats are to some extent. I was just posting to show how somebody with his platform can offer a message that’s both measured but still calls out a systemic problem. And I’m positive he had highly paid PR folks craft that message, but he still put himself out there in a way that he never would have 20 years ago.

And yes, I’m a Michael Jordan fanboy. Lebron can only hope to sniff his jock.

No I got it.  Was just putting it out there that I didn’t expect that response, was educated on it, and while he likely didn’t craft it his message is agreeable to me. Probably isn’t to everyone (showing support to law enforcement as well) but that’s not why I called him a dick. Also agree LBJ isn’t MJ. Thanks for the link. 

9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So if Lebron is ignorant for “not thinking before posting” then are you equally as ignorant?

I immediately stated that I was incorrect in my information (garnered from a local radio program). Lebron just deleted his tweet, and then re packaged it to only miss the point again. So tell me again how what I did was the same thing ?  Heres a tip: it wasn't.

I stated that I thought water could be given to people in a voting line. That was shown to be in correct. I immediately posted that I was wrong.  That wasn't good enough for the cabal. Nothing is but total capitulation of any concepts that put sand in your little ass cracks.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I immediately stated that I was incorrect in my information (garnered from a local radio program). Lebron just deleted his tweet, and then re packaged it to only miss the point again. So tell me again how what I did was the same thing ?  Heres a tip: it wasn't.

I stated that I thought water could be given to people in a voting line. That was shown to be in correct. I immediately posted that I was wrong.  That wasn't good enough for the cabal. Nothing is but total capitulation of any concepts that put sand in your little ass cracks.

So you didn’t think before posting? So you’re both hypocritical and ignorant?

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

It was a response to Lebron posting he was literally being hunted.  It’s a bullshit narrative. I don’t think anyone is being hunted by the other race.  But if you can define hunting broadly it sure as fuck isn’t whites hunting blacks.  

Then why did you repeatedly said they were?

This is the problem with racists, they're cowards. That's why they rely so much on dog whistles and smirking and winks. Say your racist shit, cry when called out on it, get a bunch of like-minded people to agree with you.

2 hours ago, sheeeit said:

If anyone wants to really see who the racist is here, all they have to do is go back to the eyes of Texas thread.  in that thread, our man BT, has the following:

1) Started off by saying that the eyes of Texas was racist because our black football players thought it was.

2) Said that the singing of the eyes was white people forcing a black players to stand and listen to them sing a racist song.
3) Then, after being questioned, admitted that he personally did not think that the song was racist but that he could understand how someone might think that way and so we shouldn’t be singing it.

4) Then after further being pressed, he admitted that he still sings the song at birthday parties and gatherings with his friends. He said he sings it at weddings and that it will be played at his funeral. I think he even admitted that if and when it is played next season he will sing along.

So who exactly is the racist? I would contend that someone like BT is the actual racist and even more sinister.  He has absolutely no character or conviction. What a fabulous generalization. He says that our black players have every right to be offended by the song and that we must acknowledge that if they think this song is racist then it must be while at the same time fully admitting that he is going to continue singing the song any chance he gets with his friends.  Closeted racists are way more troublesome and sinister than the open ones.

1) False. I said repeatedly that I personally didn't consider the song racist. You're a liar. (Quote me if you can. You can't, because you're lying.)

2) See #1. I don't think The Eyes is racist. Never said that. You're a liar. 

3) There's no "admitting". I never claimed otherwise. I never said we shouldn't be singing it based on my ideas about the song, but we shouldn't sing it if the players don't want us to. I still have the exact same belief now.

4) Again, never an issue of "admitting". You're just an idiot, so in  your simple mind there are maybe two furious positions and everyone is on one of them. And you're definitely a furious partisan on the issue because you're following people into different threads months later to air your fictional grievances.

Stop lying. It's bad for your soul.

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No I don't have to deal with your unfounded claims.  It's on you to provide a burden of proof.  Next topic.....

A burden of proof regarding what, specifically?

I have explained multiple times why it is racist to believe that crime statistic "prove" (to use Sack's words) that black people are hunting white people. Do you disagree with my argument on that or are you just hurt by someone saying "racist" out loud?

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

A burden of proof regarding what, specifically?

I have explained multiple times why it is racist to believe that crime statistic "prove" (to use Sack's words) that black people are hunting white people. Do you disagree with my argument on that or are you just hurt by someone saying "racist" out loud?

No, you call people racist and expect them to disprove it somehow. You use that term to little effect, other than to become a cartoon character 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Did you post something untrue? Did you criticize Lebron for posting something untrue? Tell me the lie.

I posted something I thought true based on what I heard on a local radio program, and immediately said I was wrong based on a post that showed the specific language of the legislation.  I'm done answering your posts . You can fuck right off.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I posted something I thought true based on what I heard on a local radio program, and immediately said I was wrong based on a post that showed the specific language of the legislation.  I'm done answering your posts . You can fuck right off.

So what part was I lying about? Or were you the one being dishonest?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Meanwhile in New York City a 61 year old Asian man was picking up cans last night and was attacked from behind by a person of color that stomped his head so viciously and repeatedly that he had to be put into a medically induced coma.  But that’s not national news.  Instead, national news is a white cop preventing a person of color from killing or badly injuring another person of color. 

I’m tired of politicians, LeBron James and the national media trying to focus me on where my outrage should be.  I prefer to focus it on the brutal beating of the 61 year old Asian man who was minding his own business. 

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Meanwhile in New York City a 61 year old Asian man was picking up cans last night and was attacked from behind by a person of color that stomped his head so viciously and repeatedly that he had to be put into a medically induced coma.  But that’s not national news.  Instead, national news is a white cop preventing a person of color from killing or badly injuring another person of color. 

I’m tired of politicians, LeBron James and the national media trying to focus me on where my outrage should be.  I prefer to focus it on the brutal beating of the 61 year old Asian man who was minding his own business. 

Sorry, bro narrative doesn't fit

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, VABuckeye said:

Pssst... you didn't give the secret racist code word first.....

2 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I haven't heard of this, was the man taken into custody? 

9 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

No. Beat him senseless and walked away. 

61 year old Asian man in critical condition

And given the way the big cities are operating these days, no guarantee that the perpetrator would do any real time, even if he is caught and he'll go on to do a more heinous crime.

For instance, San Francisco...

Unclogging the court system and reducing prison/jail populations, which are part of the Defund the Police (tm) argument, are laudable goals...up until the point that public safety becomes jeopardized.  

There are real consequences and potential for tragic outcomes like the ones above in the race to go soft on violent criminals in an effort to keep them out of jail...especially during this period of increasing crime in the cities.

4 or 5 days after the shooting and the bodycam video is released, we are still getting stories like these.

This is going to seem heartless, but maybe if the family of Mekhia Bryant paid as much attention to why Bryant was in the situation she was in (foster care) when she was alive as they are to talking to the media now that she is deceased maybe...she'd still be alive.  

Mom fostered her kid but you bet she was available to talk to the media after her kid died.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

Proceeds to link to a national news site to tell the story.

3 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

No. Beat him senseless and walked away. 

61 year old Asian man in critical condition

Meanwhile, local news in NYC is covering it as a potential hate crime against an Asian, which this board went into to knots a few weeks ago to disclaim that hate crimes against Asians was not a significant issue. Heck, even POC activists from Harlem are protesting, while the mayor of NYC has made a statement that the perpetrator will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as he retweets the NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force seeking tips.

https://abc7ny.com/nyc-crime-hate-east-harlem-attack-asian/10543319/

For chrissakes, some of y'all will spin up your own "narratives" to complain about other fucking "narratives," regardless of veracity, just to make yourselves feel better about whatever "narrative" is playing in your own damn head.

Oh, and yeah, almost everybody on this site agrees (except maybe B_T - dunno because he's the first poster I put on ignore after the switch) that the Columbus cop did the right thing in shooting the stabby chick in Columbus, so some of y'all have to gin up other BS to keep this stupid thread going.

This goes here too:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Meanwhile, local news in NYC is covering it as a potential hate crime against an Asian, which this board went into to knots a few weeks ago to disclaim that hate crimes against Asians was not a significant issue....

For chrissakes, some of y'all will spin up your own "narratives" to complain about other fucking "narratives," regardless of veracity, just to make yourselves feel better about whatever "narrative" is playing in your own damn head.

Uh, how about trying this for size:

* Police shot girl #1 because she was literally in the process of stabbing girl #2

* NYC guy beat someone else because he's a piece of shit, and there are literally 1,000,000 aggravated assaults commited per year, many of which are very well unprovoked.

Does that make enough sense?  Is there a logical inconsistency there?  Do either of those 2 things require some wild assumptions to make valid?

Police wasn't shooting because a black girl was being attacked, or a black girl was doing the attacking, and the guy wasn't beat the other guy because he was Chinese.  If you choose to flag the race card on one, you should equally flag the race card on the other.  That's not a crazy ask is it?  (But local news !!!!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

How did @Onboard 2.0 50m Twitter followers take it?   

Hmm lets see, Onboard, and Lebron, social media influencers.  

Onboard comments to a poster on a Ga. law about water being given to people voting:  "I believe water can be given to people on line as long as it doesn't have a label endorsing a candidate or political party".

Next poster: posts the actual law that sates nothing can be given to anyone standing in line.

Onboard:  Reads post, then responds "shit, I was wrong". I was posting what I heard reported, which I assumed to be correct based on what I heard reported on a local radio station". 

Cabal collective:  Oh no somebody (a conservative) posted something wrong, and we will set THAT record straight, never mind they immediately agreed they were wrong, but let's not let that get in the way of a good cabal gang bang.

Lebron tweeting out to his millions of followers:  "Another cop killing a black person, he's next !" (meaning the cop is going to be prosecuted).  Lebron was wrong, and body cam footage had already been released along with a statement detailing the facts of the tragic situation.  Now Lebron may never have seen that report, so his initial comments aren't all that far fetched about what could have happened.

What Lebron does:  Removes the tweet, doesn't admit his original tweet was incorrect, and then subsequently makes additional tweets trying to back track and cover his ass, with no admission that he was wrong about the entire set of circumstances, that a cop may very well have saved the life of a young UNARMED girl being violently attacked by a knife wailing assailant.  His subsequent tweets were just cover your ass responses that admitted no error in his judgement.

Onboards' post puts sand in the ass cracks of upwards of 10 self righteous, cabal members, on a social media site with an incorrect comment about bottled water (oh..... the hor-ror.......... oh the horr-rorr.)

Lebron tweets to 10's of millions of followers that a cop has killed yet another unarmed black person to people who believe his comments to be the gods honest truth.  He doesn't admit he was wrong, he just deletes, and rephrases his accusation, and tries to cover his ass after being shown to be wrong about  the entire incident.

How are those 2 the same thing ?  

Ohhh Patty, you really don't like reality do you ?  And a  fuck you too sparky.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hmm lets see, Onboard, and Lebron, social media influencers.  

Onboard comments to a poster on a Ga. law about water being given to people voting:  "I believe water can be given to people on line as long as it doesn't have a label endorsing a candidate or political party".

Next poster: posts the actual law that sates nothing can be given to anyone standing in line.

Onboard:  Reads post, then responds "shit, I was wrong". I was posting what I heard reported, which I assumed to be correct based on what I heard reported on a local radio station". 

Cabal collective:  Oh no somebody (a conservative) posted something wrong, and we will set THAT record straight, never mind they immediately agreed they were wrong, but let's not let that get in the way of a good cabal gang bang.

Lebron tweeting out to his millions of followers:  "Another cop killing a black person, he's next !" (meaning the cop is going to be prosecuted).  Lebron was wrong, and body cam footage had already been released along with a statement detailing the facts of the tragic situation.  Now Lebron may never have seen that report, so his initial comments aren't all that far fetched about what could have happened.

What Lebron does:  Removes the tweet, doesn't admit his original tweet was incorrect, and then subsequently makes additional tweets trying to back track and cover his ass, with no admission that he was wrong about the entire set of circumstances, that a cop may very well have saved the life of a young UNARMED girl being violently attacked by a knife wailing assailant.  His subsequent tweets were just cover your ass responses that admitted no error in his judgement.

Onboards' post puts sand in the ass cracks of upwards of 10 self righteous, cabal members, on a social media site with an incorrect comment about bottled water (oh..... the hor-ror.......... oh the horr-rorr.)

Lebron tweets to 10's of millions of followers that a cop has killed yet another unarmed black person to people who believe his comments to be the gods honest truth.  He doesn't admit he was wrong, he just deletes, and rephrases his accusation, and tries to cover his ass after being shown to be wrong about  the entire incident.

How are those 2 the same thing ?  

Why don't you go quote own post and insult yourself again, sock douchebag.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, bolverk said:

Proceeds to link to a national news site to tell the story.

Meanwhile, local news in NYC is covering it as a potential hate crime against an Asian, which this board went into to knots a few weeks ago to disclaim that hate crimes against Asians was not a significant issue. Heck, even POC activists from Harlem are protesting, while the mayor of NYC has made a statement that the perpetrator will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as he retweets the NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force seeking tips.

https://abc7ny.com/nyc-crime-hate-east-harlem-attack-asian/10543319/

Oh, and yeah, almost everybody on this site agrees (except maybe B_T - dunno because he's the first poster I put on ignore after the switch) that the Columbus cop did the right thing in shooting the stabby chick in Columbus, so some of y'all have to gin up other BS to keep this stupid thread going.

This goes here too:

giphy.gif

You're right.  NBC picked it up.  Still, where's the outrage over this crime which is more horrific than shooting someone who is attempting to murder someone else.

No need to answer.  It doesn't fit the narrative so it gets tossed by the wayside.

Edited by VABuckeye

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Does it really matter? Only a sock would do what you did. Shut the fuck up, douchebag. Sick of reading your smarmy shit. Have another.

Well you're free to fuck off, and not read my posts. Try the ignore button. It might cure your butt hurtness, probably not, but give it a try, and have another fuck you sparky.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well you're free to fuck off and not read my posts. Try the ignore button. It might cure your butt hurtness, probably not, but give it a try, and have another fuck you sparky.

Butt hurt? I'm not the one that wrote a half a fucking book whining about the evil cabal having the audacity to call me out for telling outright lies and comparing myself to lebron. God damn, what in the fuck is wrong with you.

• Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No, you call people racist and expect them to disprove it somehow. You use that term to little effect, other than to become a cartoon character 

Do I? I mean, I expect conversation on a discussion forum, I guess, but I genuinely don't know what your specific grievance is here other than being mad that someone said "racism/racist."

You've made zero effort to dispute the accuracy of the label, but here you are, still whining about it. It's weird.

10 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

You're right.  NBC picked it up.  Still, where's the outrage over this crime which is more horrific than shooting someone who is attempting to murder someone else.

No need to answer.  It doesn't fit the narrative so it gets tossed by the wayside.

Speaking of weird, I don't understand this outrage-temperature-measuring you guys do and why you're so obsessed with how other fictional people in your brain feel about things.

Is there a specific person who has said something that bothers you or are you just building up frustrating counterfactuals in your head to give yourself mental disease?

Yes, some stories get more attention than others. There is probably some kid being abused and raped that gets even less attention than the Asian whose head got stomped. Am I supposed to think you're a fan of child abuse because you're not talking about it?

You fucking idiots seriously need to get off social media designed to make you angry. You're not smart enough to filter through it.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

need to get off social media designed to make you angry.

Don't you understand that pretty much all social media and news is now slanted in a way to piss people off? 

BTW, can you just stop with your personal attacks and generalizing about people here and simply have a conversation?  You're as bad as fucking Tom Mensa Herman with your righteousness and "I'm the smartest guy on the board so you're all idiots" schtick.  Clue to you.  You're no better or smarter than anyone else here and you're certainly no more correct on issues as you think you are.

1 minute ago, VABuckeye said:

Don't you understand that pretty much all social media and news is now slanted in a way to piss people off? 

Yes... how does it change my point?

Many of you just ingest whatever you read on whatever social media outrage site you frequent and then come here to repeat it unfiltered and unchanged. Drones and robots recording an outrage product and hitting PLAY at an audience that will listen to you. No critical thinking about what you consumed. No skepticism. No further thinking. Just... parroting.

When someone does that, I call them an idiot. Because they're being an idiot. I'll stop personal attacks once they stop overall. You can take the yellow flag, ref, and shove it up your ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

Another fun aspect of the "I am mad that the media isn't as outraged as I think they should be!" game is that those same people drive clicks to the stories they want covered less, so the outrage machine they're fed by is only exacerbated by their participation.

If you want those types of stories to die, ignore them.

• Hook 'Em 1

y’all remember that time the dude with the biggest microphone on earth tried to scare people into thinking immigrants risking their lives to try to get into the US to provide a better life for their families were actually killers, rapists and drug dealers?

I do, and I appreciated @Johnny Sack at the time calling out that type of fear mongering to sow division. He was here, calling out that false narratives with studies/data showing that wasn’t true, and rightly saying the man spreading such lies had an evil heart.

cheers @Johnny Sack!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

Shitty people do shitty things all the time. Everyone hates it, no one approves. But there isn't much controversy so a single event isn't going to generate long lasting outrage. Police officers abusing their power is different because of their special position in society. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. 

And, as to this particular event, the outrage mostly died down once more facts became available. The only thing keeping this thread going is the grievance group feeling victimized for... I don't, something. As an example, look at you. You were outraged the national media didn't cover a specific incident yet were able to immediately post a link of the national media covering that incident. You're the one creating a narrative. The cognitive dissonance in this thread is amazing. 

• Like 1