Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Didn’t Morey get shit on because the NBA collectively chose dollars over injustices in that situation?

Yes.  and Lebron basically did it while wearing an "injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere shirt" and lining up to fellate that sweet sweet commie penis to keep the pump primed.  

To Silvers credit, after getting wobbly for 2 or 3 days he shut that shit down and stood behind Morey.  Maybe he was wobbly for a week.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Wow...

Dude it's just a kitchen knife. Police need to be more discerning of when there might be a REAL chance of death. Also she is only 16 and the cop should have known that immediately upon arriving on scene.

• Fuck You 1

Watching both the body cam and that other video, I'm extremely impressed with how the cop reacted. Not only did he get out and immediately asses the threat, he had to quickly position himself so that he had a shot at the knife chick that had a relatively safe exit point and put several rounds into a small target where there was little room for error.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Watching both the body cam and that other video, I'm extremely impressed with how the cop reacted. Not only did he get out and immediately asses the threat, he had to quickly position himself so that he had a shot at the knife chick that had a relatively safe exit point and put several rounds into a small target where there was little room for error.

Idk about small target brother. 

• Haha 1

I think most people (especially after the initial reports came out) are on the same page about this shooting. Did some people react too knee jerk quickly with bad takes? Yep. Most people with a brain could see that he could either do nothing and girl in pink is either dead or seriously wounded. Then shoot to kill? Shoot with the attempt to stun or disarm. May not have saved girl in pink. Kill shot. Saved girl in pink. More video is coming out and it’s looking more and more like it was not only a good shoot but necessary. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think most people (especially after the initial reports came out) are on the same page about this shooting. Did some people react too knee jerk quickly with bad takes? Yep. Most people with a brain could see that he could either do nothing and girl in pink is either dead or seriously wounded. Then shoot to kill? Shoot with the attempt to stun or disarm. May not have saved girl in pink. Kill shot. Saved girl in pink. More video is coming out and it’s looking more and more like it was not only a good shoot but necessary. 

POLICEMAN SAVES LIFE OF BLACK TEEN FROM WOULD-BE MURDER

.....headline we'll never see

Edited by MirrOlure
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Horrible video to watch. It's never good to get physical with someone when a cop is there but you definitely do not put someone's life in danger with a cop standing there.

The Floyd video makes me sick that a cop would murder someone but I don't think this cop was out of line to protect the woman in pink. I'm impressed that he was able to recognize there was a knife and that it wasn't a phone.  In a split second, it's not easy to grasp what is happening in a group of people. But he did.

side note: this video can show how women/girls react differently than guys. A guy sees a cop hop out of his car, he's thinking how can he toss this knife before he gets arrested. This girl is looking for someone to stab in front of the cop.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Dude it's just a kitchen knife. Police need to be more discerning of when there might be a REAL chance of death. Also she is only 16 and the cop should have known that immediately upon arriving on scene.

Now you did it. Here come all the posters from the kitchen knife thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Horrible video to watch. It's never good to get physical with someone when a cop is there but you definitely do not put someone's life in danger with a cop standing there.

The Floyd video makes me sick that a cop would murder someone but I don't think this cop was out of line to protect the woman in pink. I'm impressed that he was able to recognize there was a knife and that it wasn't a phone.  In a split second, it's not easy to grasp what is happening in a group of people. But he did.

side note: this video can show how women/girls react differently than guys. A guy sees a cop hop out of his car, he's thinking how can he toss this knife before he gets arrested. This girl is looking for someone to stab in front of the cop.

bitches be crazy

No L taken here.

Lebron's first take was garbage because he made an assumption about the event that turned out to be wildly wrong. And that's what we're dealing with... a guy having a garbage take.

(My own takes yesterday morningYeah I tend not to say anything quickly because I don't trust any of it. I am obviously way more sympathetic to the anti-cop side, but sometimes it's pretty obvious something is up with the woke reactionary Twitter crowd. This was one of those cases, so I kept my mouth shut until body cam footage showed up.)

What I'm calling out here is the common and deeply racist assumption that James was inciting violence.

For example, posts like this...

Message Board User: "Oh nothing to see here, except Lebron tweeting out to his 50 million twitter followers a thinly veiled threat against a police officer."
BabaYaga: "Nothing "thinly" about that.  That's outright incitement"

And dozens of others.

That shit is all throughout this garbage thread and is taken basically at face value. And it's based on NOTHING but racism. And it's so common here that you guys don't even see it. You can't even deal with it. All you can actually do in the face of it is the usual head-in-the-sand "ignore user" shit you guys use to keep yourselves unperturbed by pesky self-reflection.

No L taken. This forum is full of reactionary racists who have zero ability to reflect on their own modes of thinking and the assumptions that underlie their emotional responses to world events.

• Hook 'Em 2

Bullshit. If you don’t think there are few crazies that are pent up about this shit (like LBJ claims he is) in his 50m followers, then I don’t know what to tell you.  I’m sure you think that only exists on the right, though?  Who has their head in the sand again?

Am I losing my mind or was there not a thread here 2 hours ago about another mass shooting that might be race related?  Anyhow, that is the type of crazy you get sprinkled in when you have 50m followers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

You want to see real racism then head over to TigerDroppings and peruse the OT Lounge and Poli Board.  Maybe you don't like the wording here but I'm not seeing this "deeply racist".

And I'm go ahead and beat you to the punch where you call me racist.

"Deeply" as in "at the core" not "screaming n-words and fuming when seeing mixed-race couples".

I don't know if you're racist or not. I DO know that a lot of people are and that racist attitudes are often very subtle.

I'm not just saying, "You are all racist!" and not explaining. I am explaining. Deal with the argument.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Bullshit. If you don’t think there are few crazies that are pent up about this shit (like LBJ claims he is) in his 50m followers, then I don’t know what to tell you.  I’m sure you think that only exists on the right, though?  Who has their head in the sand again?

Am I losing my mind or was there not a thread here 2 hours ago about another mass shooting that might be race related?  Anyhow, that is the type of crazy you get sprinkled in when you have 50m followers. 

So your concern is that lebron may incite violence with his words on twitter? Tell me again how you feel about kyle rittenhouse shooting when he thought the looting had started. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Bullshit. If you don’t think there are few crazies that are pent up about this shit (like LBJ claims he is) in his 50m followers, then I don’t know what to tell you.

So literally anyone with a following expressing any negative opinion is "inciting violence" because there might be crazy people? Please answer. If this is different, explain why.

I’m sure you think that only exists on the right, though?  Who has their head in the sand again?

Ideological murder is extremely one-sided.

Am I losing my mind or was there not a thread here 2 hours ago about another mass shooting that might be race related?

You're going to have to be more specific.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm not just saying, "You are all racist!" and not explaining. I am explaining. Deal with the argument.

Your argument is trash tho.  No one here hates LBJ because he’s black. We hate him because Game 6 and dislike him because I think he’s trying to further divide our country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You're going to have to be more specific.

Sadly you are correct. But I thought I saw a thread earlier today of new shooting, killed 4. Black shooter claiming it was racially motivated. It’s not on board anymore. 

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Ideological murder is extremely one-sided.

Okie dokie. 

So literally anyone with a following expressing any negative opinion is "inciting violence" because there might be crazy people? Please answer. If this is different, explain why.

Anyone? No. When you are literally a top 50 most recognizable person in the WORLD, yes, you have a greater responsibility.   Like I said, he couldn’t even be bothered to look at what actually happened, hours and hours after everyone on this board knew, but was able to muster up the best pic we’ve seen of the cop and put him on blast.  It was targeted, it was specific, and it was intentional. 

Like I said, he couldn’t even be bothered to look at what actually happened, hours and hours after everyone on this board knew, but was able to muster up the best pic we’ve seen of the cop and put him on blast.  It was targeted, it was specific, and it was intentional. 

Cool, what was the specific intention?

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Tell me again how you feel about kyle rittenhouse shooting when he thought the looting had started. 

I stand firmly in “the entire group fucked around, and found out” camp.  Some were shot, some will go to prison forever, none of them should have been there.  Out of fucks to give for any of them. Stupid games, stupid prizes. 

I stand firmly in “the entire group fucked around, and found out” camp.  Some were shot, some will go to prison forever, none of them should have been there.  Out of fucks to give for any of them. Stupid games, stupid prizes. 

Got it, so the the person tweeting out encouragement to shoot looters to their 80 million followers has culpability too just like your arguing LBJ would were someone to commit an act of violence?

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Fucking A.  Barking up the wrong tree there dude.  

Just curious of the DT opinions on the culpability of those who are tweeting irresponsible things that lead to violence or other unlawful acts. Ya know, since y'all have spent half a dozen pages clutching your pearls over LBJ

Edited by Captainant

Just now, Captainant said:

Just curious of the DT opinions on the culpability of those who are tweeting irresponsible things that lead to violence or other unlawful acts. Ya know, since y'all have spent half a dozen pages clutching your pearls over LBJ

I don’t know what the DTs view of it is, but I’m sick of the literal lies, targeted misinformation, and dog whistles. And I don’t gaf if they come from the orange man, the balding man purse baller, or the slew of Congress critters and family of the current administration. It’s bullshit and some wacko is going to cause something that’s actually tragic at some point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

To bring “justice” to a situation that in no way needs any. The cop should get a raise for performing perfectly in the situation.  Dude OJ thought he went too far.  Why don’t you explain why?  

I don't care what OJ or Stephen A Smith think. Why would I? Bizarre.

Also, it's such a pain in the ass to try and talk to someone who isn't intellectually consistent.

On 4/21/2021 at 3:24 PM, fattyflattie said:

@Huckleberry does he have enough followers to be relevant?  @Captainant this is a day after the shoot, plenty of facts available.  Wonder what LeBron is trying to do here? 

On 4/21/2021 at 3:38 PM, fattyflattie said:

Law dogs,  if someone took it upon themselves to harm that cop after LeBrons tweet, would their family have a legit claim against him?   One of the most recognizable people in the world sending that out is mind blowing.   I’m sure ESPN will be all over it. 

And then a post you liked...

On 4/21/2021 at 3:06 PM, BabaYaga said:

Nothing "thinly" about that.  That's outright incitement

You're not being honest, my friend. You think you're cute and clever and you're not.

I say what I believe. Don't be a coward. Say what you believe.

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t know what the DTs view of it is, but I’m sick of the literal lies, targeted misinformation, and dog whistles. And I don’t gaf if they come from the orange man, the balding man purse baller, or the slew of Congress critters and family of the current administration. It’s bullshit and some wacko is going to cause something that’s actually tragic at some point. 

Jimmy T Hodgkinson says hi...

I don't care what OJ or Stephen A Smith think. Why would I? Bizarre.

Also, it's such a pain in the ass to try and talk to someone who isn't intellectually consistent.

And then a post you liked...

You're not being honest, my friend. You think you're cute and clever and you're not.

I say what I believe. Don't be a coward. Say what you believe.

You’ll have to explain to me a bit better than that. I stand by every one of those, and there’s nothing inconsistent about it.  Unlike you, who think politicians should hang for their tweets and insurrection and blah blah. Difference between me and you is I find all of it reprehensible. 

You’ll have to explain to me a bit better than that. I stand by every one of those, and there’s nothing inconsistent about it.

You asked "Wonder what Lebron is trying to do here". What did that mean? 

It's not just about what crazies might do (your new backtrack argument). Your position was that Lebron was purposefully trying to incite violence against the police officer. Is that true or not? (Would be helpful if you answered questions directly and did so honestly. Which you don't and won't.)

Unlike you, who think politicians should hang for their tweets and insurrection and blah blah. Difference between me and you is I find all of it reprehensible. 

Do I think that?

Your position was that Lebron was purposefully trying to incite violence against the police officer. Is that true or not? (Would be helpful if you answered questions directly and did so honestly. Which you don't and won't.)

Yes. I think he would have included his name too, if he could have found it.  He didn’t know anything else about what happened, so BIG if there. 

Do I think that?

Do you think Trump ever tried to incite violence or division thru his tweets?  If so, do you think he should face punishment.  It’s ok to be honest here, I can guarantee you I will not go hunting any of your past posts on the subject. I assure you I don’t care enough. 

42 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No L taken here.

Lebron's first take was garbage because he made an assumption about the event that turned out to be wildly wrong. And that's what we're dealing with... a guy having a garbage take.

(My own takes yesterday morningYeah I tend not to say anything quickly because I don't trust any of it. I am obviously way more sympathetic to the anti-cop side, but sometimes it's pretty obvious something is up with the woke reactionary Twitter crowd. This was one of those cases, so I kept my mouth shut until body cam footage showed up.)

What I'm calling out here is the common and deeply racist assumption that James was inciting violence.

For example, posts like this...

Message Board User: "Oh nothing to see here, except Lebron tweeting out to his 50 million twitter followers a thinly veiled threat against a police officer."
BabaYaga: "Nothing "thinly" about that.  That's outright incitement"

And dozens of others.

That shit is all throughout this garbage thread and is taken basically at face value. And it's based on NOTHING but racism. And it's so common here that you guys don't even see it. You can't even deal with it. All you can actually do in the face of it is the usual head-in-the-sand "ignore user" shit you guys use to keep yourselves unperturbed by pesky self-reflection.

No L taken. This forum is full of reactionary racists who have zero ability to reflect on their own modes of thinking and the assumptions that underlie their emotional responses to world events.

Dude neither of his first 2 responses were worth a damn. One was just spouting off without having any facts, the other was trying to cover his ass.

Yes. I think he would have included his name too, if he could have found it.  He didn’t know anything else about what happened, so BIG if there. 

I'm glad you've stopped dancing around like you're cute and you're just going to stick with your guns and have a straight up, honest conversation. Great, that is helpful.

So your belief is that Lebron James's Tweet "You're next! #Accountability" was a call for his largely-black fanbase to commit acts of violence against the police officer. 

As I have said, I think this is a belief built on racist assumptions. To get to that point you have to actively ignore the words written and their context.

"Next" would have to refer to an officer beaten/killed by protesters. But it refers to an officer peacefully tried in a court of law.
"Accountability" would have to refer to violent mob justice. But again, he's referring 

If you are correct, who came before such that this cop would be "next" for beating/killing by his followers?
If you are correct, what is the violent "accountability" police have faced from his followers that he would be referring to?

Do you think Trump ever tried to incite violence or division thru his tweets?  If so, do you think he should face punishment.  It’s ok to be honest here, I can guarantee you I will not go hunting any of your past posts on the subject. I assure you I don’t care enough. 

I am commonly dismissed as a right-winger for how little I care about Trump and scolding him.

But yes, Donald Trump has actively tried to incite violence. His passionate followers have a parade of murders and violent convictions under their belts. They wear his hats and sweaters and wave his flags and beat and kill and invade and smash, explicitly in his name and spouting his gospel. 1/6 is but one of dozens of examples.

If the same is true of Lebron, give me an example.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude neither of his first 2 responses were worth a damn. One was just spouting off without having any facts, the other was trying to cover his ass.

I agree. His takes were garbage and I'm sure most of his takes are. I wouldn't know because I don't follow him or consume a diet of social media designed to make me angry at athletes online.