Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

10 minutes ago, ABSR said:

"My anger still is here for what happened that lil girl. My sympathy for her family and may justice prevail! "

Wonder what he thinks about the lil girl's dad kicking a field goal at the other black woman whom his lil girl lunged at with a knife.....

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

right wingers are angrier about athletes being dishonest than they are their own representatives and favorite politicians being dishonest

lol

Right-wingers are obsessed with cultural irrelevancies

Even if what you said above is true, and I'm not here to argue it's not, that doesn't change this instance or situation or inform LeBron saying and being dishonest.

And when you look at his platform and voice, and the demographics who worship at the alter of LeBron, it's worth calling out and making it uncomfortable for him until a retraction or correction is made IMO.

Unless your argument is Lebron/atheletes/Cultural spokespeople like actors and celebrity CEOs are equal to politicians and everyone is a liar and self-interested huckster. Then, like in High Finance you can argue everything and anything is Securities Fraud, everything and anything can be political/politicians.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The reason this thread is 12 pages just clicked with me, it's not because of the incident in question, obviously everyone agrees it's not a good thing someone is dead and it's not great that a police officer was forced to be the judge of who got to die that day (either let someone get stabbed or stop the person doing the stabbing) 

It's because the same thing that republicans are accused of (outrage for outrage sake) win the Dr. Seuss or "cancelled whatever" is EXACTLY what is happening from some of the biggest supporters of the reform movement. Outrage culture is detrimental to progress in all ways. I think what people are pissed off about is how equally dangerous the rhetoric of all cops are sociopathic unarmed black person hunters is.

When you start to add context back into the equation that is when you start to understand the motive behind the outrage. That is what a lot of Q anon extremists and sympathizers don't understand. As standalone occurrences they are very similar from "outrage bad, be better", but when you group them together and look at why there is outrage it's from 2 completely different planets. 

In this case the outrage is fueled by the pursuit of accountability, justice, and reform of a criminal and law enforcement system that has systemically oppressed and disenfranchised specific people's. 

In the other case the outrage is fueled by selfish personal gain or hatred. 

Lebron James doesn't hate that cop. He is frustrated beyond good choice of words that on a day of triumph for the cause of accountability another cop shot another black person. 

I'm tired of the equivalency argument of "our cause is just as good as yours, because they are just like your opinion, man" - this is not true. There is a true definition of good and evil when it comes to society and more often than not the selfish self centered take is on the evil side of that.

The media often is the main source of divisiveness.  "Cops shoot 16 year old black girl just minutes before Derek Chauvin is arraigned."  Of course people are gonna get pissed and overreact.  Lebron has a huge following and platform.  With great power....

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There is a very real argument that culture is where the source of power is.  It's not irrelevant.  Politics follow culture, not the other way around.  I think that the right is understanding this now.  @Bozo_Casanovahas his saying I think about Culture being upstream from politics (maybe he can correct me with what it is).  I hadn't ever thought of things like that until I heard him make that argument 15 or so years ago now, probably, but I think it's completely true.  

Oh hell yes, and it does jibe with political ebb and flow. Our society in general is less formal, more casual now than 10 years ago, and that more casual culture is reflected in everything. That can and does influence political thought as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There is a very real argument that culture is where the source of power is.  It's not irrelevant.  Politics follow culture, not the other way around.  I think that the right is understanding this now.  @Bozo_Casanovahas his saying I think about Culture being upstream from politics (maybe he can correct me with what it is).  I hadn't ever thought of things like that until I heard him make that argument 15 or so years ago now, probably, but I think it's completely true.  

That's the gist of it - it's the reason longhorn law who taught as George Mason called me a "closet social conservative," which is more true than false, probably. 

3 hours ago, cabowabo said:
3 hours ago, Anastasis said:
Tell that to the autistic 13 year old in Utah that had 10 shots dropped on him by police after they were called out for an mental health check. 

Sounds like he's dead, so that's gonna be hard for me to do.

thats what T's & P's are for. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s amazing that he continues to tweet and still has it wrong. 
Lebron- how hard is it to type “Sorry, got this one wrong”. 
It happens. Own it. Don’t triple down on stupid. 

he might stop after sextupling down but unlikely

38 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh hell yes, and it does jibe with political ebb and flow. Our society in general is less formal, more casual now than 10 years ago, and that more casual culture is reflected in everything. That can and does influence political thought as well.

+rep for not using "jive" here

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The reason this thread is 12 pages just clicked with me, it's not because of the incident in question, obviously everyone agrees it's not a good thing someone is dead and it's not great that a police officer was forced to be the judge of who got to die that day (either let someone get stabbed or stop the person doing the stabbing) 

It's because the same thing that republicans are accused of (outrage for outrage sake) win the Dr. Seuss or "cancelled whatever" is EXACTLY what is happening from some of the biggest supporters of the reform movement. Outrage culture is detrimental to progress in all ways. I think what people are pissed off about is how equally dangerous the rhetoric of all cops are sociopathic unarmed black person hunters is.

When you start to add context back into the equation that is when you start to understand the motive behind the outrage. That is what a lot of Q anon extremists and sympathizers don't understand. As standalone occurrences they are very similar from "outrage bad, be better", but when you group them together and look at why there is outrage it's from 2 completely different planets. 

In this case the outrage is fueled by the pursuit of accountability, justice, and reform of a criminal and law enforcement system that has systemically oppressed and disenfranchised specific people's. 

In the other case the outrage is fueled by selfish personal gain or hatred. 

Lebron James doesn't hate that cop. He is frustrated beyond good choice of words that on a day of triumph for the cause of accountability another cop shot another black person. 

I'm tired of the equivalency argument of "our cause is just as good as yours, because they are just like your opinion, man" - this is not true. There is a true definition of good and evil when it comes to society and more often than not the selfish self centered take is on the evil side of that.

I'm just "angry" because we live in a nation where we jump to conclusions, then ratchet up our reaction depending on "which team" is responsible. We live in a nation based on laws and due process. I'm proud that the system worked in Minnesota. I don't expect that to be true 100% of the time, but it will only better. Tweeting shit like Lebron did is childish because he's reacting to something before he knows the facts. You'd admonish your children for doing that, but since he's a Celebrity, everyone piles on. We should be better than that as a nation, but we've sold our souls for clicks.

Hallelujah, Holy Shit, Where's the Tylenol?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It's what Breitbart made famous. 

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

And when you look at his platform and voice, and the demographics who worship at the alter of LeBron, it's worth calling out and making it uncomfortable for him until a retraction or correction is made IMO.

What demographic is that?

32 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

spacer.png

He cares more about people who look like him than those who don't.

Shocking... like literally all other humans.

You have truly cracked the code here.

The thing is Lebron doesn't give a shit about this black girl or the one the cop saved from getting gutted - it feeds his ego to be thought of as an activist who transcends sport (despite being a complete moron with no actual convictions). Using his platform to act indignant about this and getting his balls sucked by woke sports journos nurses his God complex. The guy is just a complete fraud in every sense of the word.

Such pathetic ranting. So much projection. So much weakness.

Lebron clearly feels very strongly about the treatment of his people by police. This might sometimes lead him to overreact, as he did with the cop who shot the girl with the knife.

The unbridled rage you guys feel towards him tells a much more interesting. A hit dog hollers.

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

ah yes, the "but, but... what about" attention deflector. I completely understand why it makes sense to scrutinize Lebron's public comments about a shoe company he has no relationship with on a thread about a police involved shooting in Ohio. that makes complete sense to me. 

Look, I think Lebron is kind of a dumbass and disagree with his original and subsequent tweets. But what the fuck are you babbling about? Is it your position that everyone has to  publicly go on record about every possible injustice in the world before offering opinions on completely unrelated events? Does everyone that uses an iphone have to abandon the device and criticize apple's  supply chain strategy before they can comment on domestic matters? 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Lebron clearly feels very strongly about the treatment of his people by police. This might sometimes lead him to overreact, as he did with the cop who shot the girl with the knife.

The unbridled rage you guys feel towards him tells a much more interesting. A hit dog hollers.

Lol what are you babbling about!?  He’s a buffoon who wants his e-cock sucked so he virtue signals to his dick riding legions.

3 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

He's a hypocrite.  That's what upsets people.  If it puts money in his pocket he ignores it.

LeBron James: The Only Hypocrite Among Noble Men

lol there is zero self-awareness here

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

He’s a buffoon who wants his e-cock sucked so he virtue signals to his dick riding legions.

And what are you, my love?

He's a rich black man who gets upset about police violence and sometimes overreacts but is right far more often than the fair-skinned denizens of this place.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

LeBron James: The Only Hypocrite Among Noble Men

lol there is zero self-awareness here

And what are you, my love?

He's a rich black man who gets upset about police violence and sometimes overreacts but is right far more often than the fair-skinned denizens of this place.

My bad, I forgot I’m not supposed to respond to Russian troll bots.  Carry on.

"I AM MAD AT THAT GUY FOR NOT CARING ABOUT THE LIVES OF PEOPLE HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE HIM!" I scream while not caring about the lives of other people I don't know that don't look like me.

This whole argument about China with LeBron is the intellectual equivalent of, "You say you care about the environment, yet you use an iphone?? Checkmated with logic!"

2 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Where did I say he was the only one?  He is certainly one of the most visible.

Is he? If it wasn't for angry right-wingers I'd probably never hear anything he says or see any of his tweets. Maybe if you guys stopped purposefully consuming things people custom-tailor to piss you off you wouldn't be so mad all the time.

Edited by bad_teammate

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I AM MAD AT THAT GUY FOR NOT CARING ABOUT THE LIVES OF PEOPLE HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE HIM!" I scream while not caring about the lives of other people I don't know that don't look like me.

Exactly.  He expects a lot of from others, that he fails to account for himself.  He is a fraud. Fuck him, and I can only hope his attempts to stoke further discord in our nation comes back to fuck him in some way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The cop saved a black life. That cop had to make a split second decision, knowing that in the current climate, could cost him his career or freedom. He chose to put that black life before his own. He should be considered a hero but here we are with moron dipshits like Lebron shitting on him.  And I despise Lebron and our media because of they perpetuate outright lies about police killing black males that is extremely divisive and dangerous.  I'll post this again.

blm misperception.jpg

• Like 1

custom-tailer to piss you off you wouldn't be so mad all the time.

The Social Dilemma covered that one and you're right.  Social media sites push people towards what they believe to be similar thinkers.  It's one reason there is no Facebook, Twitter, etc on any device or computer that I own.  College football forums are the extent of my social media.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The cop saved a black life. That cop had to make a split second decision, knowing that in the current climate, could cost him his career or freedom. He chose to put that black life before his own. He should be considered a hero but here we are with moron dipshits like Lebron shitting on him.  And I despise Lebron and our media because of they perpetuate outright lies about police killing black males that is extremely divisive and dangerous.  I'll post this again.

Today I Learned that "killing unarmed black men" is the only way that black people experience police oppression.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

Like what? be specific

Well, using your example, he expects people like me to give a shit about people that don’t look like me. Which is expected, but he can’t quite do himself. Odd.  So, tell me again why the fuck should someone get outraged when a politician stokes division, but not this clown?   He’s arguably more famous than any politician other than the president, across the world. 

54 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm just "angry" because we live in a nation where we jump to conclusions, then ratchet up our reaction depending on "which team" is responsible....We should be better than that as a nation, but we've sold our souls for clicks.

shouldn't we direct that anger at ourselves, the end consumer of the division? i agree with the above statements...but we seem to be addicted to the anger and divisiveness.

we like the the division and on some fundamental level need little hits of it throughout the day. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, using your example, he expects people like me to give a shit about people that don’t look like me. Which is expected, but he can’t quite do himself. Odd.  

That's not "a lot".

So, tell me again why the fuck should someone get outraged when a politician stokes division, but not this clown? 

Because politicians have the power to enact policy.

Serious question: Outside of yelling about LeBron james, how much do you care about the Uighur genocide?

My guess is that you don't at all and you're using their suffering as a flag to wave while yelling about a mouthy black guy. Very inspirational