Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

yeah, this is some crazy shit. I wish that no one had to die here, and still think this could have possibly been resolved without fatalities, but there was no way no one was getting injured seriously.

in a perfect world, we're all kumbaya and nobody has to die of anything except old age.  in the real world, one's action determines the the probability of outcomes, and in 99% of cases where the some of the public feign outrage because someone got hurt, the outcome is fire and foremost driven by their own action. 

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

why the fuck is this an 8 page thread already?

I dont want to see anyone get shot, and I sure as shit am not a fan of the cops, but what in the holy fuck is this thread doing being 8 pages already when this seems as righteous a shoot as a cop could have- literally saving another human from harm by someone who has shown a real willingness to impart harm on that person?

that's exactly representative of the zeitgeist, isn't it?  something that is pretty clear-cut justified, gets twisted and politicized to serve peoples narrative of injustice and brutality and blah blah blah.  

it's 8-pages here, but multiply that across social media and it's gargantuan in the national dialogue.  and it shouldnt be.  there ARE cases of police abuse and injustices and some bad cops who should be given due attention.  instead, people take ridiculous cases like this, and use it to smear the entire police force. 

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Yeaaaaaaahhhh, that's not even remotely what was going on in that situation.  Maybe Lebron should talk to the girl in pink, and get her take on the reality of the situation.  He might wanna get someone to check his work before he posts retractions in the future.

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah.....LeBron should shut up now.  I don't disagree with his broad message above.....but in the context of this incident, it's not helpful at all.  It's actually harmful.

I want objective standards of law and justice, equally applied to all.  That's a pitch that more and more people are actually buying.  Don't oversell it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

it's 8-pages here, but multiply that across social media and it's gargantuan in the national dialogue.  and it shouldnt be.  there ARE cases of police abuse and injustices and some bad cops who should be given due attention.  instead, people take ridiculous cases like this, and use it to smear the entire police force. 

You should also note that the overwhelming take here, including by MANY posters who have some big problems with cops, including racism among cops, is that this was a shitty situation, and a legally legit and justified shooting.  People who are no friends of the police are nonetheless judging their conduct fairly and objectively here.  And to the extent that they weren't in the immediate reporting, they sure did once the facts gelled.  That's a good thing.  It really is.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

About 40 different strangers have come up to us convinced that my wife is Diane Kruger.  And no way on pics.  Same body.  Both 5’8”.  Same eyes.  Same hair color.  Same skin tone.  Same facial structure.  One year age difference.    

And about half of CR is convinced that you're Freddy Krueger....

• Haha 1

Not to be outdone, CBS News yall!

Considering that Bryant was the one swinging the knife, I'd be curious to know what "justice for Bryant" would look like? 

And this gem from the article - 3rd paragraph - "something" in her hand...I wonder what that could possibly be?  Any guesses?

Officers arrived on the scene at 4:44 p.m., Woods said. A slowed-down version of body camera footage appears to show Bryant attacking two other people, lunging at one with something in her hand, just after an officer arrived. The officer, identified by Woods as Nicholas Reardon, fired his weapon several times while Bryant and another girl were struggling against the side of a parked car. A knife could be seen next to Bryant's body after the shooting.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mulletpelini said:

So.....shut up and double dribble?

Nah. No profit in that. He’s interesting like that. Chinese people being killed actively speaks out against those who are for the oppressed. Profit. Idol to a ton of black kids and other people of color. Profit. Sensitive like a bitch against any criticism. Noted. Full of shit. Absolutely. One of the best damn basketball players we have ever seen. Yep. We really don’t need his voice now. Honestly. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Didn't they literally just set fire to their campus a few nights ago and turn over a dozen cars?  

I feel like we need an intervention with Ohio as a nation.  We need to sit them down, place our hand on their knee in a comforting fashion, and just gently let them know, "You see Ohio.....it's just that...we already have a Florida.  We're good.  We're all set."  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Didn't they literally just set fire to their campus a few nights ago and turn over a dozen cars?  

I feel like we need an intervention with Ohio as a nation.  We need to sit them down, place our hand on their knee in a comforting fashion, and just gently let them know, "You see Ohio.....it's just that...we already have a Florida.  We're good.  We're all set."  

They gotta burn more of the infrastructure so there will be more jobs which they are too biased to do.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Nah. No profit in that. He’s interesting like that. Chinese people being killed actively speaks out against those who are for the oppressed. Profit. Idol to a ton of black kids and other people of color. Profit. Sensitive like a bitch against any criticism. Noted. Full of shit. Absolutely. One of the best damn basketball players we have ever seen. Yep. We really don’t need his voice now. Honestly. 

He’s a frustrating person to follow. On one hand, few people have had more pressure foisted on them at such a young age and handled it so admirably while largely living up to the expectations. On the other hand, he’s a poorly informed man with a high school education that uses his platform and influence in ways that I find regrettable and hypocritical, but that’s his right. Today was definitely his worst turn though. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He’s a frustrating person to follow. On one hand, few people have had more pressure foisted on them at such a young age and handled it so admirably while largely living up to the expectations. On the other hand, he’s a poorly informed man with a high school education that uses his platform and influence in ways that I find regrettable and hypocritical, but that’s his right. Today was definitely his worst turn though. 

Four rings. Four.

34 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Not to be outdone, CBS News yall!

Considering that Bryant was the one swinging the knife, I'd be curious to know what "justice for Bryant" would look like? 

And this gem from the article - 3rd paragraph - "something" in her hand...I wonder what that could possibly be?  Any guesses?

Officers arrived on the scene at 4:44 p.m., Woods said. A slowed-down version of body camera footage appears to show Bryant attacking two other people, lunging at one with something in her hand, just after an officer arrived. The officer, identified by Woods as Nicholas Reardon, fired his weapon several times while Bryant and another girl were struggling against the side of a parked car. A knife could be seen next to Bryant's body after the shooting.

this is "reporting" or "journalisming" in the simulation

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

They gotta burn more of the infrastructure so there will be more jobs which they are too biased to do.

So we gotta tax people more to put more people through college  free so they will scoff at the building the infrastructure job plan thing so we have to bring in more people dying for a chance to live here from other countries to do the job our philosophy majors won’t do.

Vote for us! We got your back! (Just a theory) the other side is like let’s curtail everything. Isolate. Segregate. Mobilize and destroy anything that threatens our primary voter base.

i hate both parties and all the pandering bullshit. Anyone who believes government is anything other than a paid whore...like why? They don’t give two fucks about any of us.

why any intelligent individual would comment on the death of a minor female without have watched or seen the facts is as baffling to me as why I post here.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Great athlete, pretty much an idiot as it relates to a lot of things, but he makes a lot of money and can say what he wants because 'merica.

• Hook 'Em 1

It may have already been done, but I'm a fan of disarming police.  Therefore, I'm engaging in the thought experiment of what would have happened here had the cop been unarmed?

While the victim would have been cut or stabbed, I'm slightly skeptical that she would have received fatal injuries.  Would that have been suboptimal, sure.  But any more suboptimal than one of two dead girls?

In the Toledo case, apparently no one would be dead.

I don't know the exact answer, but it's a hypothetical that I'd like to see discussed.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Did one of y’all sleep with her and post pictures? Is that why? Or did she post pictures on here? Sorry for my ignorance. Almost posted pics in the naughty thread on my bday but y’all are too picky. 

We'll have to revisit this in another thread. "Pitiful" doesn't even begin to describe the whole thing with her. At least I think it's a her.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It may have already been done, but I'm a fan of disarming police.  Therefore, I'm engaging in the thought experiment of what would have happened here had the cop been unarmed?

While the victim would have been cut or stabbed, I'm slightly skeptical that she would have received fatal injuries.  Would that have been suboptimal, sure.  But any more suboptimal than one of two dead girls?

I don't know the exact answer, but it's a hypothetical that I'd like to see discussed.

Not now, chief. @Message Board Useris amplifying the discord by rapid posting tweets.

@Message Board User I have a theory about you, comrade.

Start your own thread. This one is for bitching about Lebron James now!

What would have happened? He throws his nightstick at her? 

4 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

We'll have to revisit this in another thread. "Pitiful" doesn't even begin to describe the whole thing with her. At least I think it's a her.

Oh. She was doing nekkid stuff? Bad. But no one from shaggy/surly tapped that? 

sorry for my off topic. My fault! A moment of silence is indeed warranted for a life lost. Less than a minute of thought would enable people with common sense to see that while a life was lost it was necessary 

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

If you were the one up against the car with this angry fatty with a knife, would you want the cop to have a firearm or a baton?

I’d take my chances with the firearm over a knife to my liver.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

If you were the one up against the car with this angry fatty with a knife, would you want the cop to have a firearm or a baton?

I’d take my chances with the firearm over a knife to my liver.

Pit maneuver. Pretend your breaks failed and clip the side of her ass. I’m going to hell.

• Haha 1