Another police shooting. This one in Columbus, OH

Parliament

See, that's the thing.  People want items cheap, cheap, cheap and then they bitch about what companies have to do to produce cheap, cheap, cheap.  I'm all for everyone being able to earn a fair wage and live a good life but there's a cost and it's higher prices on goods and services.

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Narcissistic people cannot admit when they are wrong. LBJ is trying to back peddle into a justification for his jumping the gun and conclusions instead of just owning he jumped the gun.

ironic, because “Accountability!” Is his war cry.

Your "analysis" of LBJ's tweet is horseshit.

Edited by pacman

Agreed.  I seriously doubt LeCunt was unaware that the shooting was justified when he tweeted.  

Yea ok. He sent that yesterday afternoon and the video was making the rounds late Tuesday afternoon, early evening. Everyone who saw the video read there was potentially a knife involved right away.

After the Still shots of a knife laying next to the girls body, it was easily justified.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yea ok. He sent that yesterday afternoon and the video was making the rounds late Tuesday afternoon, early evening. Everyone who saw the video read there was potentially a knife involved right away.

After the Still shots of a knife laying next to the girls body, it was easily justified.

Oh you mean this guy?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I've found that in todays society it's just easier to hate everything. It's exhausting trying to be one side or another in the current climate.

That's where I was, comfortably disconnected from it all from atop my libertarian perch of condescension and aloofness.  Coming down only to selectively handpick one-off races and candidates and movements and causes to give half a shit about. 

But something emerged and exploded about 6 years ago that forced me to finally get down in the mud.  And I didn't even really do that until about 3 years ago.  It wasn't about party, candidates, racism, politics, philosophy, economic doctrine, religion, owning one side or the other, or even police brutality to me.  What changed the country I love and work to improve was stupidity.  Empowered Stupidity.  It was always there but a lot of smart people figured out that you can not only exploit it for money and fame, you can tap into it for political prowess.  You can give the Empowered Stupidity the illusion that it matters again, that it has a seat at the adult table.  And for that, it will let itself be bled out for you.  I had no idea how easily they would give themselves over to a cause you convinced them they cared about.  I feel like the old lady in Highgarden  in "Game of Thrones" who says, "That was my greatest weakness...my lack of imagination."  

Empowered Stupidity comes in many forms, many colors, many races, many doctrines.  It has many leaders, and it has no leaders.  It has an agenda and it has no agenda.  It can educated, uneducated, religious, agnostic, rich, poor, connected, or disenfranchised.  It is literally changing shape and direction as we type this thread.  Its real power is that it comes easily.  It comes as comfort.  It comes as your friend.  

And it's on full display in Ohio right now apparently.  

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Now that I’ve had a day or so to digest this from the comfort of my Kitchen with a warm up of coffee. When the attacker went to plunge a knife into another human I def would have shot the knife out of her hand with my taser and subdued her with a tear naked choke to deescalate the situation 

BruceLee-TCC-Kick06-katana-sg.gif

1 hour ago, pacman said:

Your "analysis" of LBJ's tweet is horseshit.

Disagree. What we know as facts: He posted something inflammatory and, turns out incorrect. Now he's trying to rationalize it.

My "analysis" is up for debate, but not seeing how even in disagreement it can be characterized as "horse[poop]".

It appears to me, that his ego and narcissism is not allowing him to own his error and he's grasping at straws to find an "ACCOUNTABILITY" soft landing that isn't really there.

Which is ironic because, absent external factors that would pressure or shame him into doing so (despite a bunch of crotchety old men on here who think movie cinema peaked with Jordan's Space Jam the first, he does have an adulating fanbase on the level of like Taylor Swift or Beyonce), he's not taking any responsibility or being accountable for being wrong, like a well-rounded, mentally and spiritually (read: not narcissistic or ego-infested) healthy adult would.

I guess your analysis is different, and I'm curious to hear it.

disclaimer: I'm a LeBron fan. I've rooted for him throughout his career and really enjoyed his game, especially during his peak. I'm not trying to bag on the guy out of some weird anti-LeBron attitude or am one of those butt-hurt he built coalitions in Miami and Cleveland and now LA.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The reason this thread is 12 pages just clicked with me, it's not because of the incident in question, obviously everyone agrees it's not a good thing someone is dead and it's not great that a police officer was forced to be the judge of who got to die that day (either let someone get stabbed or stop the person doing the stabbing) 

It's because the same thing that republicans are accused of (outrage for outrage sake) win the Dr. Seuss or "cancelled whatever" is EXACTLY what is happening from some of the biggest supporters of the reform movement. Outrage culture is detrimental to progress in all ways. I think what people are pissed off about is how equally dangerous the rhetoric of all cops are sociopathic unarmed black person hunters is.

When you start to add context back into the equation that is when you start to understand the motive behind the outrage. That is what a lot of Q anon extremists and sympathizers don't understand. As standalone occurrences they are very similar from "outrage bad, be better", but when you group them together and look at why there is outrage it's from 2 completely different planets. 

In this case the outrage is fueled by the pursuit of accountability, justice, and reform of a criminal and law enforcement system that has systemically oppressed and disenfranchised specific people's. 

In the other case the outrage is fueled by selfish personal gain or hatred. 

Lebron James doesn't hate that cop. He is frustrated beyond good choice of words that on a day of triumph for the cause of accountability another cop shot another black person. 

I'm tired of the equivalency argument of "our cause is just as good as yours, because they are just like your opinion, man" - this is not true. There is a true definition of good and evil when it comes to society and more often than not the selfish self centered take is on the evil side of that.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's where I was, comfortably disconnected from it all from atop my libertarian perch of condescension and aloofness.  Coming down only to selectively handpick one-off races and candidates and movements and causes to give half a shit about. 

But something emerged and exploded about 6 years ago that forced me to finally get down in the mud.  And I didn't even really do that until about 3 years ago.  It wasn't about party, candidates, racism, politics, philosophy, economic doctrine, religion, owning one side or the other, or even police brutality to me.  What changed the country I love and work to improve was stupidity.  Empowered Stupidity.  It was always there but a lot of smart people figured out that you can not only exploit it for money and fame, you can tap into it for political prowess.  You can give the Empowered Stupidity the illusion that it matters again, that it has a seat at the adult table.  And for that, it will let itself be bled out for you.  I had no idea how easily they would give themselves over to a cause you convinced them they cared about.  I feel like the old lady in Highgarden  in "Game of Thrones" who says, "That was my greatest weakness...my lack of imagination."  

Empowered Stupidity comes in many forms, many colors, many races, many doctrines.  It has many leaders, and it has no leaders.  It has an agenda and it has no agenda.  It can educated, uneducated, religious, agnostic, rich, poor, connected, or disenfranchised.  It is literally changing shape and direction as we type this thread.  Its real power is that it comes easily.  It comes as comfort.  It comes as your friend.  

And it's on full display in Ohio right now apparently.  

Why must you hate freedom??

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

The reason this thread is 12 pages just clicked with me, it's not because of the incident in question, obviously everyone agrees it's not a good thing someone is dead and it's not great that a police officer was forced to be the judge of who got to die that day (either let someone get stabbed or stop the person doing the stabbing) 

It's because the same thing that republicans are accused of (outrage for outrage sake) win the Dr. Seuss or "cancelled whatever" is EXACTLY what is happening from some of the biggest supporters of the reform movement. Outrage culture is detrimental to progress in all ways. I think what people are pissed off about is how equally dangerous the rhetoric of all cops are sociopathic unarmed black person hunters is.

When you start to add context back into the equation that is when you start to understand the motive behind the outrage. That is what a lot of Q anon extremists and sympathizers don't understand. As standalone occurrences they are very similar from "outrage bad, be better", but when you group them together and look at why there is outrage it's from 2 completely different planets. 

In this case the outrage is fueled by the pursuit of accountability, justice, and reform of a criminal and law enforcement system that has systemically oppressed and disenfranchised specific people's. 

Lebron James doesn't hate that cop. He is frustrated beyond good choice of words that on a day of triumph for the cause of accountability another cop shot another black person. 

I'm tired of the equivalency argument of "our cause is just as good as yours, because they are just like your opinion, man" - this is not true. There is a true definition of good and evil when it comes to society and more often than not the selfish self centered take is on the evil side of that.

It just continues to make the situation worse between LEO, and segments of the population. There's enough racist/bad shit done by LEO without making every single incident another racist LEO incident.  

The media, news orgs, commentators, stupid ass, reactionary, college kids, the twitter world, Lebron, et al were all more than happy to jump right on that band wagon.  It's a bit like a woman making false claims of rape.  She hurts every other woman after her with false charges.

Lebron specifically is still not even close to getting what he did or accept responsibility like a man, and just say, I was wrong, I'm sorry officer xxxxx.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

Atleastyoutried.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, cabowabo said:
2 hours ago, Anastasis said:
Tell that to the autistic 13 year old in Utah that had 10 shots dropped on him by police after they were called out for an mental health check. 

Sounds like he's dead, so that's gonna be hard for me to do.

I guess his mom fucked around and found out. 

there was mostly universal agreement on this site that justice was served with the chauvin verdict. then, when this happened, there was i think total agreement the cop did the right thing. then, when certain people/organizations started pushing a false narrative, there was near universal agreement that was bad and a disservice to a legitimate cause ('legitimate' in my opinion, not a view shared by many here).

but then a weird thing happened: a near constant bombardment of that toxic messaging...an amplification of what is wrong. 

i wonder...if it's a bad thing to the social justice movement that people are using this event to demonize police, is it a bad thing that people that are outraged by (certain) false narratives constantly propogate those narratives? maybe it's a good thing to constantly call them out (although as we know, there is no consistency in the outrage, it's unevenly applied to 'the other side')? or maybe it just feeds the beast?

i dunno, but man, how quickly we went from 'well we all feel like justice was served and maybe america took a step in the right direction today' to 'fuck youuuuuuu!!!!!' was fast.

• Hook 'Em 1

No way you can pull off my White Barry White voice, dude.  I get voiceover work with these pipes.  

It's a shame this is the dominant story in the news right now.  Serious question---any legitimate calls for boycotting the Lakers or the NBA or Nike?  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No way you can pull off my White Barry White voice, dude.  I get voiceover work with these pipes.  

It's a shame this is the dominant story in the news right now.  Serious question---any legitimate calls for boycotting the Lakers or the NBA or Nike?  

Well LeBron is hurt and not playing (which sucks because I am going in person to the game tonight in a corporate box and this was planned before he got hurt in a desire to see Luka vs LeBron semi-humblebrag), so not sure if boycotting the Lakers or whatever is relevant. Also, if he didn't get backlash for even worse behavior (e.g. his self-interested-but-horrible Pro-China stance and tweets) this won't move the needle. Like I said, he's a super star on the level of a Beyonce and TSwift with legions of blindly adoring fans. Good for him, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pacman said:

Which is exactly what his tweet says, with different wording.

"My anger still is here for what happened that lil girl. My sympathy for her family and may justice prevail! "

Yeah, obviously backing off his statement here.  Really praised the officer for doing the obviously right thing and likely saving the other girls life.  That's obviously the "lil girl" he is talking about.   Justice prevailing meaning the officer gets a citation and promotion.    It's so clear and obviously a giant mea culpa from his previous tweet.  Everyone else here is myopic and unable to interpret his obvious "I was wrong. Police are good.  We should all work together." leadership.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

there was mostly universal agreement on this site that justice was served with the chauvin verdict. then, when this happened, there was i think total agreement the cop did the right thing. then, when certain people/organizations started pushing a false narrative, there was near universal agreement that was bad and a disservice to a legitimate cause ('legitimate' in my opinion, not a view shared by many here).

but then a weird thing happened: a near constant bombardment of that toxic messaging...an amplification of what is wrong. 

i wonder...if it's a bad thing to the social justice movement that people are using this event to demonize police, is it a bad thing that people that are outraged by (certain) false narratives constantly propogate those narratives? maybe it's a good thing to constantly call them out (although as we know, there is no consistency in the outrage, it's unevenly applied to 'the other side')? or maybe it just feeds the beast?

i dunno, but man, how quickly we went from 'well we all feel like justice was served and maybe america took a step in the right direction today' to 'fuck youuuuuuu!!!!!' was fast.

I think people (of which I'm not wholly exempt) want to see powerful people with a platform admit when they are wrong and not double down on a) incorrect/wrong stances and b) stances that disagree with their worldview.

It's a both sides thing for sure, and you can point to countless idiots on the far right who do far worse and triple and quadruple down as justification for why LeBron shouldn't have to own up here (but that is also classic "what aboutism", which isn't helpful), but mostly I think people just want to see powerful people they disagree with get "gotcha'ed" and get their "comeuppance". There will also be a large segment who want him to "shut up about politics and dribble" and that will feed their desire to see him be humbled here.

And if you think about the above, this is another flavor and a unique form of it's own narcissism and ego-infestation. 

I guess time is a flat circle and turtles all the way down.

3 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Well LeBron is hurt and not playing (which sucks because I am going in person to the game tonight in a corporate box and this was planned before he got hurt in a desire to see Luka vs LeBron semi-humblebrag), so not sure if boycotting the Lakers or whatever is relevant. Also, if he didn't get backlash for even worse behavior (e.g. his self-interested-but-horrible Pro-China stance and tweets) this won't move the needle. Like I said, he's a super star on the level of a Beyonce and TSwift with legions of blindly adoring fans. Good for him, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Had no idea he was hurt.  I thought he was still playing in Cleveland when I heard about these tweets yesterday and found out he was on the Lakers now.  I'm guessing being hurt, he has all kinds of extra time think of dumb shit to tell those legions of blindly adoring fans which is why this story maintains its traction.  

My advice to you though...is to go to this corporate box tonight and start drinking heavily the moment you arrive.  Remember, the boxes open 90 minutes prior to tip-off.  Take a drink every time somebody in the box mentions LeBron's name.  You should be legally intoxicated by the first TV timeout. 

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Narcissistic people cannot admit when they are wrong. LBJ is trying to back peddle into a justification for his jumping the gun and conclusions instead of just owning he jumped the gun.

ironic, because “Accountability!” Is his war cry.

I'm what you would call a "Lebron guy" but I'm pretty disappointed in him.  He also called the cops when someone painted the N word on his garage right?  And then erased it before they arrived?

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wouldn't do that unless you want to get cancelled.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

right wingers are angrier about athletes being dishonest than they are their own representatives and favorite politicians being dishonest

lol

Right-wingers are obsessed with cultural irrelevancies

There is a very real argument that culture is where the source of power is.  It's not irrelevant.  Politics follow culture, not the other way around.  I think that the right is understanding this now.  @Bozo_Casanovahas his saying I think about Culture being upstream from politics (maybe he can correct me with what it is).  I hadn't ever thought of things like that until I heard him make that argument 15 or so years ago now, probably, but I think it's completely true.  

• Hook 'Em 2