Arsenal 2021-22: The Youth Movement

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, The Maestro said:

Never easy but pretty predictable from us

Eleven shots on goal in the 1st half. None in the 2nd. Clinging on to three points. 

We’re still learning and need to develop the killer instinct. When your foot is on their throat, snap it; don’t let ‘em off the mat.

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i honestly don't see us getting 4th, and i'm definitely ok with that. we just now have a positive GD for the first time all season. we have been winning games without being a threat to score goals with any regularity. barring an incoming ST in January who just steps into the team and starts bagging goals, i'm in the camp that would be happy with finishing in a Europa League spot, and who would be thrilled to actually finish top 4.

3 hours ago, idigTexas said:

United are certainly a contender for fourth, but unfortunately, so are Spurs.  Don't let their current place and point totals fool you.  They have three games in hand against mostly scrubs.  Both teams made good manager changes to keep them in it. 

The silver lining as far as Spurs are concerned is that all of these postponements are going to compress their schedule, which makes it more likely that they will drop some matches they shouldn't.

I'm not optimistic of Arsenal's CL chances, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.  

Yeah. Finishing 5th or 6th with steady improvement was the goal this year. Get the kids experience, develop team chemistry, add more solid pieces in the next two windows, and then push for 4th next season was always the club’s goal. 

Somehow finishing 4th this year would be simply amazing. 

Fuck Shit now and forever, but Conte was a really great hire for them. He’s won everywhere he’s managed. If we parted ways from Arteta, he was always my first choice. The reason why he left Inter, though, was the club didn’t want to spend and sold off players. I wonder how he will get on with Levy, who is notoriously tight with the club’s pocket book. Not to mention they are going to the same thing we went through after building The Emirates. Thing about matches in hand is you have to win them, which isn’t a certainty given the unpredictability of the EPL. 

8 hours ago, Bullneck said:

4th as of today.

We've been 4th since beating West Ham on Wednesday, though both ManU and Spurs can pass us, depending on how they do in all of their in hand matches.  Still, it's nice to see the improvement.  Last year at this time, we were in 15th, 4 points out of relegation.

2 hours ago, idigTexas said:

We've been 4th since beating West Ham on Wednesday, though both ManU and Spurs can pass us, depending on how they do in all of their in hand matches.  Still, it's nice to see the improvement.  Last year at this time, we were in 15th, 4 points out of relegation.

I know, but 4th is 4th.  

Man U had 2 games in hand and Spurs have 4 (I forgot why).  

helluva fun match today, i enjoyed that thoroughly. Nketiah continues to just bag goals in the league cup, and Pepé was outstanding today as well. also was badass to see Patino get a debut goal, what a moment. great momentum for the club, and definitely great momentum for the locker room and the team mind frame. just keep winning baby. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

What's the latest on Aubamayang?  Is he out of the doghouse yet or headed for another team?

last i heard he was supposed to be out of the team (not even training) until after the AFCON. but that was almost a week ago. we'll definitely find out more in the next 3-4 days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

Good half, let’s finish 

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

Keep dropping dimes Odegaard!

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Crushing an inferior opponent. Five goal clean sheet. Feels good man. Let’s go Villa.

The second goal…Odegaard passed five Norwich defenders out of the play. Beautiful pass, and a very classy finish from Tierney. 

Very good performance, as noted, against an inferior side. Norwich tried to get back in the match, but we finished them off like a top four/five side should. Saka hit two good strikes and ESR again on the sheet. Good shifts everywhere. 

COYG!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

Dude, that totally sucks. I’m sorry. Hopefully you can make the rematch. Will Arsenal America put you at the top of the list for your next request because your match was canceled?

I wrote a nicely-worded email to see my options. The $ (or £) doesn’t matter, I just want the tickets to find a home if I/we aren’t able to attend.