Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, you can't literally make both of those posts within minutes of each other and not expect to be mocked at least a little bit. "Everyone knew he was going to be a DT in college, no shit" and "of course I included him as a top offensive lineman, that's what 247 said." You can't play the "no shit I knew he was a DT" and feign fucking ignorance because 247 listed him as an OT at the same time. Jesus fucking christ.

I assure you, everyone else excluded his name from your list immediately and did a fucking Jacksonville Jaguar Guy gif in their heads.

Anybody that follows college football even remotely knows who the fuck A'Swhan Robinson is. The dude that looks like he's 40 years old and is built like a WWE wrestler is a fairly recognizable player. 

The more likely scenario is that you had no clue that Robinson was actually listed as an OT and  a two way player in HS. 

Edited by texasstrong12

14 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Anybody that follows college football even remotely knows who the fuck A'Swhan Robinson is. The dude that looks like he's 40 years old and is built like a WWE wrestler is a fairly recognizable player. 

The more likely scenario is that you had no clue that Robinson was actually listed as an OT and way a two way player in HS. 

Come on man, we're still talking about this? I said you basically lazily copied a list from 247 without curating it. You basically tacitly admitted the same damn thing yourself in a post later in this thread. Now you're going all billy fucking recruiting badass? Ok, man, you knew A'shawn Robinson was a total badass and a DT all the way. You're his number one fanboi. Then you included him on the list of OT's because 247 told you to. Whatever man. 

You're right. I had no idea they listed him as an OT. Because it's absurd, it's stupid, and I don't have everyone listed as 247 posts them memorized. But I do have to ability to look at a list and say "That is fucking stupid" and revise my thoughts or said list.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Come on man, we're still talking about this? I said you basically lazily copied a list from 247 without curating it. You basically tacitly admitted the same damn thing yourself in a post later in this thread. Now you're going all billy fucking recruiting badass? Ok, man, you knew A'shawn Robinson was a total badass and a DT all the way. You're his number one fanboi. Then you included him on the list of OT's because 247 told you to. Whatever man. 

You're right. I had no idea they listed him as an OT. Because it's absurd, it's stupid, and I don't have everyone listed as 247 posts them memorized. But I do have to ability to look at a list and say "That is fucking stupid" and revise my thoughts or said list.  

Look, TS12 might be silly to go down this line of argument, but if anything this strengthens his initial assertion that the rankings/evaluations of offensive lineman in-state have not exactly been great.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Come on man, we're still talking about this?

All you had to do is say "I don't agree with 247's and others projections of Robinson at tackle. So I don't think he should be included on this list." 

I would have said that's a fair assessment.

Instead you went on your Reggie White rant probably because you had no clue that Robinson was actually listed as an OT and projected to be a tackle by a lot of industry people. 

14 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

All you had to do is say "I don't agree with 247's and others projections of Robinson at tackle. So I don't think he should be included on this list." 

I would have said that's a fair assessment.

Instead you went on your Reggie White rant probably because you had no clue that Robinson was actually listed as an OT and projected to be a tackle by a lot of industry people. 

I apologize I expected YOU to use common sense when crafting your list or to at least annotate it with a LOL. You're right, the responsibility was totally on me to react in a measured and non mocking way to YOUR list or work. 

Also, I'm not sure how you define "rant," but I certainly dont define it as one mocking, throwaway sentence at the end of a post. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

While I agree with Machinator that including Robinson in the list of ranked OL shows just how bad the "industry people" have been at identifying OL, much less their quality, Sydney is correct that you are really showing your ass (or at least that your memory only goes back a few cycles) if you actually believe 247 that Robinson was ever really an OL prospect to any of the teams that were his main suitors. ts12 was more trying to illustrate that OL bust rates are high rather than pointing out that perhaps the problem is that the 'industry' is shitty at their supposed jobs and can't even recognize they have made a major error like listing a 5-star prospect at a position no reasonably informed person would find credible. Both ESPN and Rivals had Robinson as a DL.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

ts12 was more trying to illustrate that OL bust rates are high rather than pointing out that perhaps the problem is that the 'industry' is shitty at their supposed jobs 

I probably wasn't clear with language like "bust rates". My main point is that the highly ranked  OL recruits from Texas seem to be failing at a high rate. 

Whether that's because of bad evaluations/rankings from the recruiting services, issues with Texas HS offensive lineman or program issues at schools like Texas or A&M is up for debate. 

I think it's all of the above. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

which again bolsters the opinion that their OL rankings have not been good. 

I'm not trying to defend the recruiting services but It is tough to evaluate offensive lineman. Most of the OL recruits ranked high were offered by the blue blood schools so they aren't the only ones missing on these evaluations. 

Either way, there's been some evaluations in recent years that have obviously been way off. Which is what started this conversation in the first place. No way in hell Diesch was the #105 composite player in the country and the 17th best player in Texas. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I apologize I expected YOU to use common sense when crafting your list or to at least annotate it with a LOL. You're right, the responsibility was totally on me to react in a measured and non mocking way to YOUR list or work. 

Also, I'm not sure how you define "rant," but I certainly dont define it as one mocking, throwaway sentence at the end of a post. 

Push the keyboard away for a bit, take some deep breaths, and pull yourself together. You're completely unhinged over something irrelevant. texasstrong12 didn't come strong with his original premise, but you have gone off the fucking rails this morning. I feel like you're performing a recruiting board rendition of William Foster coming unhinged in a Korean convenience store because the clerk wouldn't him change. 

giphy.gif

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Push the keyboard away for a bit, take some deep breaths, and pull yourself together. You're completely unhinged over something irrelevant. texasstrong12 didn't come strong with his original premise, but you have gone off the fucking rails this morning. I feel like you're performing a recruiting board rendition of William Foster coming unhinged in a Korean convenience store because the clerk wouldn't him change. 

giphy.gif

We're in offseason mode. Just finding things to argue over. I get it after my Mehringer takes in the other thread. 

26 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

i think we should all agree it fucking sucks we never really had  shot at a guy like Robinson

Not to go off on you like a you're a fucking Korean convenience store clerk, but I mean, at one point Robinson was actually committed to Texas at one point. Which I realize only makes it worse.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not to go off on you like a you're a fucking Korean convenience store clerk, but I mean, at one point Robinson was actually committed to Texas at one point. Which I realize only makes it worse.

Pretty sure this gif is for you, too:

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Funny (or sad) thing is I'm pretty sure Bo Davis ended up being his position coach for most of his time at Alabama. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

i don't believe I ever believed in his commitment, maybe I had gone full cynic by then

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

i don't believe I ever believed in his commitment, maybe I had gone full cynic by then

Dammit.  So I gave Charles Darnay a hard time, thinking you were doing something a Hank Scorpio bit, but it turns out you're just stupid?

• Like 2

1. Brian Perroni 68115 posts

3 hours agoVIP

Texas A&M currently has 25 commitments already in the class of 2019. With there being room for a maximum of 28 under the NCAA rules, spots are at a premium. Here is where things stand at each position.

QUARTERBACK:

There are always a couple rounds of the quarterback shuffle across college football recruiting. One domino falls, causing others to jump on board at different schools in order to secure their spots.

In the second go-round this class, Texas A&M ended up landing Zach Calzada out of Georgia. An intriguing prospect, the 6-foot-3, 195-pound rising senior has grown a ton since beginning high school and has also improved tremendously as a passer this offseason. He was dominant at just about every camp he attended this spring and summer. Though he struggled the first day of the Elite 11 Finals, he was one of the top performers the rest of the time. If that improvement shows up on the field this fall, Calzada could end up helping his rating even more.

Though California four-star dual-threat Jayden Danielsstill wants to officially visit Aggieland, it’s a good bet that A&M is done at quarterback. Now, Jimbo Fisherand Co. have turned their eyes toward the 2020 class with Malik Hornsby of Fort Bend Marshall being the primary target.

RUNNING BACK:

After signing four running backs in the class of 2018, and seeing former four-star prospect Cordarrian Richardson transfer in from UCF, the Aggies only needed one in this year’s class.

A&M got its primary target and the state’s highest-ranked back in Isaiah Spiller of Klein Collins. An all-purpose back, the four-star 6-foot-0.5, 201-pound Spiller is an outstanding receiver out of the backfield as well. A one-time early Oklahoma commit, Spiller built a very strong bond with Aggie running backs coach Jay Graham and that was a big reason he committed to A&M last month.

WIDE RECEIVER:

This one saw a huge addition earlier this week in West Mesquite four-star Dylan Wright. The 6-foot-4, 213-pound four-star prospect had planned to wait until the Under Armour All-American game in January to announce. However, he pushed things up and made a public commitment to A&M on Monday. He had been leaning that way for some time. At one point, Texas felt like it had Wright all but locked up, so this was a huge win for the Aggies, not only over the Longhorns but also over the likes of Alabama, Georgia and LSU. Dameyune Craig was a huge factor in Wright announcing for the Aggies.

Chase Lane of Houston St. Pius has been committed the longest of any player in the class and brings speed to the position. So does four-star Kam Brown of Colleyville Heritage. A one-time UCLA pledge, Brown was one of the first prospects in the class to commit to Fisher.

On an official visit in April, Kenyon Jackson of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson committed to the Aggies as well. He has built a solid relationship with Fisher and Craig while the coaches had been at Florida State and Craig continued to recruit the big 6-foot-5.5, 195-pound wideout when he arrived in Aggieland.

A&M is almost assuredly done at the position but there could be one player that would pique their interest for sure. Five-star Garrett Wilson of Lake Travis is committed to Ohio State but, in what is looking like the unlikelihood that something major happens with Urban Meyer, he would give the Aggies a long look. In fact, A&M would likely be considered the biggest threat to the Buckeyes at this point. Still, it is a longshot right now.

Another player to watch is Fort Bend Dulles athlete Ainias Smith, who picked up an A&M offer after a strong camp performance this summer. Smith, who also plays corner, plans to use all five of his official visits with Vanderbilt and Southern Miss being the two schools that are the Aggies’ biggest competition. By the time he is ready to make a commitment, A&M should know more about where the scholarship numbers stand.

TIGHT END:

After this season, A&M will only have two tight ends on scholarship and one, Jace Sternberger, will be a senior. The team did not really use the position under the previous staff, so the new one had to restock it.

Position coach Tim Brewster made four-star Baylor Cupp of Brock his top priority at the position. The 6-foot-6, 235-pounder, who 247Sports ranks as the top tight end in the country, picked up offers from all over the country but it all came down to the Aggies and Longhorns. After being close to committing for some time, Cupp did so at the spring game and has remained solid.

With there being a numbers crunch in the class, there was a lot of debate as to whether the Aggies would take a second tight end. Right now, the plan is to being another one in. However, A&M is not going to sign a player just to be a body at the position.

The only real target at the moment is Jalen Wydermyer of Dickinson. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound prospect was in Aggieland for the pool party a couple weeks ago and it was huge that his mother was also with him. That is the first trip she has made anywhere and it made a huge impression on her. The Aggies also have a familiar face on the roster from Dickinson in true freshman wide receiver Montel Parker.

Wydermyer wants to take his official visits and decide near the end of the season. Right now, Miami and Ole Miss would be considered the biggest threats to the Aggies. In fact, Miami is the only official he is 100-percent positive he will take. However, A&M is in good shape as Brewster has been working on him and he loves all that the Aggies have to offer.

OFFENSIVE LINE:

A&M has four commits on the line, led by five-star tackle Kenyon Green of Atascocita. The 6-foot-4, 330-pounder is ranked as the top prospect in the state and the No. 11 overall player in the country.

Blake Trainor of Hallsville is a big 6-foot-7 tackle that is a bit raw but is someone that the Aggies really like the potential of. Manvel’s Layden Robinson earned an offer over the summer after dominating at the Opening and Under Armour camps and then doing the same thing at an A&M. He did not waste much time in committing and is set to play center in Aggieland.

The fourth commitment is tackle Adrian Medley out of Pensacola, Fla. Set to graduate early, Medley committed not long after his official visit to Aggieland, despite a push from Florida State and Florida.

A&M is likely done on the offensive line but is still after Houston North Forest four-star tackle Javonne Shepherd, who committed to Texas a couple weeks ago. Once thought to be an Aggie lean, the 6-foot-6, 346-pound prospect is still listening and is one to at least keep an eye on.

Medley’s teammate, offensive guard Hunter Rayburn, also took an official visit to A&M and came close to committing to the Aggies before deciding on Clemson. He is pretty solid and there might not be room even if he did change his mind, but he is at least one worth monitoring as well.

DEFENSIVE LINE:

Starting with who is left on the A&M board, there are actually quite a few players on the defensive line.

Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling has gone back and forth between wanting to take his official visits and making a commitment over the summer. Now, the 6-foot-2.5, 260-pound four-star defender is back to planning to take his visits. However, he should still be considered a strong Aggie lean. The one school that could give A&M some trouble is Oklahoma and he does plan to visit Norman. However, those around him still feel like he will end up in Maroon and White. He is very close to many of the Aggie commits and current players and has spent a ton of time in College Station over the last couple years. It would not be a surprise to see a decision come sometime relatively soon after his Oklahoma visit, once he plans that.

Five-star defensive tackle Ishmael Sopsher out of Amite, La., is still considering A&M and has the Aggies in his final group. He also plans to officially visit at some point this season. That is never a bad thing this staff has proven that it shouldn’t be counted out with anybody, but the Aggies are behind both Alabama and LSU with him at the moment. It is an uphill battle right now.

Four-star defensive tackle Jaquaze Sorrells of Largo, Fla., has also said he plans to make an official visit to A&M. However, he has long planned to commit on Aug. 27 and he is expected to choose South Carolina. Whether he actually makes the trip to Aggieland is something that remains to be seen. It seems unlikely he will end up playing for A&M, though.

The Aggies are still looking for another hybrid defensive end/linebacker in the class and there are a trio of players on the radar – Adisa Isaac of Brooklyn (N.Y.) Canarsie, Khris Bogle of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons and David Ugwoegbu of Katy Seven Lakes.

Isaac has already been to A&M on an official visit but the Aggies have long been running No. 2 behind Penn State. Now, LSU has jumped into the mix as well. It looks increasingly less likely that he will end up at A&M.

Bogle was hoping to visit A&M unofficially in the spring but was unable to. However, he has an official visit set up for the Clemson game the weekend of Sep. 8. The nation’s No. 59 overall player, many people don’t expect Bogle to leave South Florida and see him signing with Miami. He also has officials to Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

Ugwoegbu is the most likely of the bunch and the Aggies would be considered the heavy favorite for the 6-foot-4.5, 225-pound defender. After playing defensive end last year, he is moving to linebacker in the team’s 3-4 this season. He was at A&M for the pool party and the Aggies have made a huge impression on his family. Ugwoegbu wants to officially visit Alabama and Oklahoma before making a decision but the Tide may not have a spot. There are a lot of factors pulling him to Aggieland.

A&M has also offered a junior college prospect at the position in Kuony Deng but the numbers will dictate how much they pursue the 6-foot-6, 231-pound prospect. Deng, who played high school ball in Virginia, likes a new offer from Virginia Tech as well and is also high on Nebraska and Texas, though neither has offered at this point.

As far as commitments, A&M has pledges from a pair of defensive tackles in Josh Ellison of A&M Consolidated and Adarious Jones of Virginia Beach (Va.) Bishop Sullivan. The latter could be an absolute steal and was once thought to be a lock to in-state Virginia Tech. Having him on campus could also help with stud 2021 cornerback Tony Grimes from Virginia Beach, who spent close to a week in Aggieland this summer.

A&M has a commitment from four-star defensive end Braedon Mowry of Katy Taylor as well. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound defender is one of the state’s top pass rushers.

Perhaps the biggest pledge in the entire class, though, regardless of position is DeMarvin Leal of Converse Judson. The 6-foot-4, 280-pounder is a high school defensive end that is incredibly versatile. The nation’s No. 55 overall prospect committed a couple days after an official visit to A&M in the spring. He also took officials after that to Texas and Alabama with the Tide being the team that would be considered the biggest threat. Still, A&M is not very worried about losing him.

LINEBACKER

A&M’s first linebacker commit was RJ Orebo out of Dayton. The 6-foot-6, 225-pound defender is an intriguing prospect and could potentially grow into a quick pass-rushing defensive end as well.

Where A&M really needed help, though, was at inside linebacker. Last week, the Aggies landed a big-time target in four-star Christian Harris of Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab. The 6-foot-1, 225-pound athlete, who actually plays receiver and cornerback in high school, had spent the previous weekend at Alabama. However, Alabama was not able to close the Aggies’ lead. Harris is a player that defensive coordinator Mike Elko personally recruited and A&M is very high on him.

The biggest surprise commitment in the class was linebacker Andre White Jr. of Harrisburg, Pa. The 6-foot-3, 224-pound defender was thought to be very close to a commitment to Penn State before making an unexpected commitment to A&M while on an unofficial visit in late April. Ranked as a four-star by 247Sports, White returned to Aggieland a couple weeks ago for the barbecue and appears to be solid in his pledge. He is also set to graduate in December and enroll in January.

The other linebacker commit is Tarian Lee Jr. of Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby. The 6-foot-1, 210-pound defender, who recently was named an Under Armour All-American, was in town to camp at A&M and then attend the Aggie Elite Day. He made a commitment before leaving town. Lee’s offer list does not quite match his talent, but other schools are keeping an eye on him. He recently made his way across town for a visit to Florida State but, as of now, he is not a target for the Seminoles. Though almost all of the current commitments are solid, Lee is one that A&M will at least have to keep an eye on when it comes to other schools.

If the numbers work out that there is room at linebacker later in the season, both Nick Jackson and Kevon Glenn from Georgia unofficially visited over the summer. A&M likes both players and they could be brought in on official visits. Former LSU commit Zach Edwards out of Mississippi has A&M at the top of his list but, at the moment, the Aggies are not in communication with him as much.

DEFENSIVE BACK:

A&M’s haul in the secondary is probably the best in the country. The Aggies offered only three safeties in the class and landed two of them. Brian Williams of Dallas Bishop Dunne was not really even considering the Aggies until Fisher and Elko arrived in College Station. He made his way down to campus in January and made a commitment, shutting things down completely after that and becoming a leader of the class. The No. 35 overall prospect in the country, he will be hard to keep off the field early.

A&M landed safety Demani Richardson of Waxahachie in February after two visits in as many weekends. The nation’s No. 70 overall prospect, the 6-foot-1, 209-pound defender is incredibly athletic for his size and loves to hit.

At cornerback, A&M entered July without a player committed at the position. However, in the span of a couple of weeks, the Aggies picked up a trio of four-star prospects, including a pair of national top-100 players.

Houston Madison corner Bobby Wolfe, who was briefly committee to A&M earlier in the spring, made a commitment to the Aggies at The Opening Finals. The next day, national top 100 prospect Erick Young of Fort Bend Bush did the same thing. The big 6-foot, 208-pound corner was dominant at The Opening Finals.

A couple weeks ago, it looked like Mansfield Legacy cornerback Jeffery Carter could be making his way to Oklahoma to commit to the Sooners. However, at the last minute, he decided to make a trip to College Station the day before. The nation’s No. 84 overall prospect decided to stay the night in College Station, never making the trip to Norman and announcing a commitment to A&M the next day. He long was very high on the Aggies, who were the one team that remained constant in his recruitment.

A&M is still after Williams’ teammate at Bishop Dunne, four-star cornerback Marquez Beason. Once close to making a commitment to the Aggies, the national top-100 defender surprised quite a few people by committing to Illinois instead. The Illini have recruited multiple players from the school. Those close to Beason expect him to stick with that pledge, even if Illinois struggles this year, but the Aggies are not going wave the white flag.

KICKER:

Caden Davis of Coppell made a commitment to the former staff last fall. After the new staff met, he was reassured that he still had a spot in the class. Davis is considered one of the top two or three kickers in the country by all the services that specialize in kicking zee

14 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

From the Gigem247 thread

"If Matthews passes up one of Diesch or Anderson at tackle, I imagine their days on the roster are limited."

Yup. Diesch has been a total bust. Always interesting to see how some of these players turn out because shaggy had a full blown meltdown over missing on Diesch. 

I'm sure aggy trumpeted this as a huge head to head win, after Strong backed off recruiting him. I'm sure he would have been a February take by Mack.

giphy.gif

Its not all bad. I made a new friend this week. If by friend I were to mean “butthurt, small minded little bitch that will follow me around.”

8daa114707837cc7d123a7189bcb9a96.png
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I'm not sure what all has been covered in this thread recently but a few things caught my eye upon looking at the Ag247 reports :: 

Madubuike is injured again. That is shocking I tell you. I mean, it's almost like the guy should've been medically ineligible after that back injury in high school. Which moves Jayden Peevy into the starting rotation with Daylon Mack. 

This quote made me do an actual cartoon style double take ::

Speaking of rover, Jeremiah Martin and Tyree Wilson were working in drills there today.

Char Morris to the white courtesy phone please ... 

and I get the gnashing of teeth about the Longhorn OL situation, I do but ... 

OL1  

Moore - Hocker - McCoy - Sutherland - Green   

OL2 

Diesch - Reed - McCollum - Lanfear - Anderson 

holy. fuck. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I'm not sure what all has been covered in this thread recently but a few things caught my eye upon looking at the Ag247 reports :: 

Madubuike is injured again. That is shocking I tell you. I mean, it's almost like the guy should've been medically ineligible after that back injury in high school. Which moves Jayden Peevy into the starting rotation with Daylon Mack. 

This quote made me do an actual cartoon style double take ::

Char Morris to the white courtesy phone please ... 

and I get the gnashing of teeth about the Longhorn OL situation, I do but ... 

OL1  

Moore - Hocker - McCoy - Sutherland - Green   

OL2 

Diesch - Reed - McCollum - Lanfear - Anderson 

holy. fuck. 

Holy fuck is right.  Now that is an OL ready to open up a can of whoopass on their opponents in a slow moving Jimbo Fischer SEC offense.  Prepare your anus Clemson DL.

I actually think Peevy is a solid DL guy and wish Herman could have flipped him in the transition class.  Don't think he's ready this year to log a bunch of snaps though.

And holy shit that is one pathetic Tackle group.  And they've done nothing to help that out with last years, this years, or next years OL recruits.  Hocker is a JAG and Sutherland will break down at some point.

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I actually think Peevy is a solid DL guy and wish Herman could have flipped him in the transition class.  Don't think he's ready this year to log a bunch of snaps though.

They have decent to good options at defensive tackle but that's probably their best positional group on the roster. 

DE is where they are screwed. 

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its not all bad. I made a new friend this week. If by friend I were to mean “butthurt, small minded little bitch that will follow me around.”

Butthurt pussy antics.

If you don't want people to hate your posts, stop posting bullshit responses to benign takes. A'Shawn Robinson was recruiting as both a OL and a DL. He probably would have started at OL at Texas had he come here. Every recruiting service listed him as an OL. Your reaction was retarded trolling.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What kind of savage has wifi, bluetooth and location service on their phone at once? Do you even care about your battery and the environment? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Butthurt pussy antics. If you don't want people to hate your posts, stop posting bullshit responses to benign takes. A'Shawn Robinson was recruiting as both a OL and a DL. He probably would have started at OL at Texas had he come here. Every recruiting service listed him as an OL. Your reaction was a poor troll job.

Nope. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They have decent to good options at defensive tackle but that's probably their best positional group on the roster. 

DE is where they are screwed. 

The DT situation isn't decent if KeKe is having to play DE.  Mack and Peevy as starters?  Lulz.  Who's the next 2 in line after them?  That JUCO guy who's really never played much?  TD Moton?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The DT situation isn't decent if KeKe is having to play DE.  Mack and Peevy as starters?  Lulz.  Who's the next 2 in line after them?  That JUCO guy who's really never played much?  TD Moton?

If Keke stays at DE and Madubuike is out long-term it's not great. 

Funniest thing about Gigem247 is they think Keke moved to DE because of some type of genius plan from Elko. They don't realize it's a move made out of necessity because they don't have any defensive ends on the roster that are ready to contribute. 

Edited by texasstrong12

39 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Butthurt pussy antics.

If you don't want people to hate your posts, stop posting bullshit responses to benign takes. A'Shawn Robinson was recruiting as both a OL and a DL. He probably would have started at OL at Texas had he come here. Every recruiting service listed him as an OL. Your reaction was retarded trolling.

Did you REALLY just reply to me calling you a “butthurt, small minded little bitch" with "butthurt pussy antics." Thats...that's really the best you can do? Jesus man, I didn't realize how accurately I hit the nail on the head when I called you small minded. Yeesh.

I've sent this thread down enough rabbit trails today to last for a week or two, so I'll happily ignore what inane response you have next. Enjoy your weekend. Also, as others have said, the only major recruiting service that listed Robinson as a OT that year was 247. Even the guy you're trying to align yourself with has said repeatedly he was a DT all the way. But you keep peddling that pile of shit to yourself, it's apparent you lost the ability to differentiate between truth from the fictions you tell yourself years back. 

22 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They don't realize it's a move made out of necessity because they don't have any defensive ends on the roster that are ready to contribute. 

*golfclap heads over to Ag247 to check the current roster for DEs... * 

Aggy_DE_depth.png

I guess you could add Stripling to this list, but WTF is this shit? I guess CB recruiting had kept me so befuddled that I had missed this shit ... 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, golfclap said:

*golfclap heads over to Ag247 to check the current roster for DEs... * 

Aggy_DE_depth.png

I guess you could add Stripling to this list, but WTF is this shit? I guess CB recruiting had kept me so befuddled that I had missed this shit ... 

It must all be part of Elko's master plan to disguise his roster. Also forgot they moved Horry to DE already. Wright is a Medical Scholarship Defensive Tackle all the way, as is realistically Bobby Brown. If that helps at all. And by all accounts Horry might have already eaten himself into a DT as well.