Cavs vs. Celtics

Sidney Sherman

Apparently, Mark Jackson wants to jump aboard the "commentators make needless, unwanted excuses for superstars" train. When LeBron plays "poorly" it's because he's tired from carrying his team, motion tracking be damned.

Edited by aggie08

10 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

This series has been predictable so far.  Can we just bypass game 6, and go right to a close game 7?

Predictable in the Celtics being a completely different team home and on the road? Sure. Predictable in Cleveland packing it in and not showing much fight when they get down early? Absolutely.

Predictable in who will ultimately win? Man, not at all. I have no fucking idea any more. I can see LeBron going ape shit in Game 7, and winning in convincing fashion. I can also see Boston jumping out to a big lead, and half the Cavs--including LeBron--deciding, "fuck it, I'm tired of you assholes, let's get our offseason started." I can see LeBron trying to go ape shit and Hill and Smith going 0-78 and losing anyway. I have no clue, and anyone who says they do is lying.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Predictable in the Celtics being a completely different team home and on the road? Sure. Predictable in Cleveland packing it in and not showing much fight when they get down early? Absolutely.

Predictable in who will ultimately win? Man, not at all. I have no fucking idea any more. I can see LeBron going ape shit in Game 7, and winning in convincing fashion. I can also see Boston jumping out to a big lead, and half the Cavs--including LeBron--deciding, "fuck it, I'm tired of you assholes, let's get our offseason started." I can see LeBron trying to go ape shit and Hill and Smith going 0-78 and losing anyway. I have no clue, and anyone who says they do is lying.

I agree with your indecisiveness 

6 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Celtics win this, LeBron is already thinking about his next team.

WHAT TEAM WILL LEBROWHAT TEAM WILL LEBRON JAMES PLAY FOR IN THE 2018-19 NBA SEASON?

Odds as of May 10 at BetOnline

• Cleveland Cavaliers +125
  • Houston Rockets +375
  • Los Angeles Lakers +375
  • Philadelphia 76ers +375
  • Golden State Warriors +1000
  • Los Angeles Clippers +1200
  • Miami Heat +1600
Edited by Orca of Peace

Lue was confounded by Semi Ojeleye.

Def Pen Hoops

@DefPenHoops

Ty Lue says the absence of Semi Ojeleye tonight messed up the playing time for his matchup, Kyle Korver. https://t.co/vLvIf7xFjf[/quote]

Yaya Dubin @JADubin5

Ojeleye had played 12 total minutes when the score was within 10 points one way or the other over the first four games of the series. If this is for real why Korver didn't play it is absolute hot nonsense. https://t.co/MMu2BldC7i[/quote]

9 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:
WHAT TEAM WILL LEBROWHAT TEAM WILL LEBRON JAMES PLAY FOR IN THE 2018-19 NBA SEASON?

• Houston Rockets +375
  • Miami Heat +1600

There is no possible way Lebron and Harden could exist together. 

• Fuck You 2

9 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

• Houston Rockets +375
  • Miami Heat +1600

That's unreal that Cleveland is still the heavy favorites. He's absolutely gone. That roster is pretty much set in stone for next season. Their only trade-able assets to try to get better are Love and the #8 pick which, frankly, isn't going to fetch much. It's why I always thought they should trade the pick before the trade deadline, back when there was still mystery and hope that maybe it would land in the top 3.

11 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Apparently, Mark Jackson wants to jump aboard the "commentators make needless, unwanted excuses for superstars" train. When LeBron plays "poorly" it's because he's tired from carrying his team, motion tracking be damned.

Yeah, I'm not digging that bullshit at all.

28 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Do you think Lebron could play on a team with Harden, and watch him dribble the ball for 15 seconds?  Do you think Harden could play on a team with Lebron, and watch him dribble the ball for 15 seconds?  Those two could not co-exist.

I’m not even going to argue because the answer to this is so self evident. 

• Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Do you think Lebron could play on a team with Harden, and watch him dribble the ball for 15 seconds?  Do you think Harden could play on a team with Lebron, and watch him dribble the ball for 15 seconds?  Those two could not co-exist.

I'm pretty sure they could make it work.        That said I have zero reason to think Lebron would go to HOU.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

That's unreal that Cleveland is still the heavy favorites. He's absolutely gone. That roster is pretty much set in stone for next season. Their only trade-able assets to try to get better are Love and the #8 pick which, frankly, isn't going to fetch much. It's why I always thought they should trade the pick before the trade deadline, back when there was still mystery and hope that maybe it would land in the top 3.

gone where ?  Only Philly seems to be able to afford it, right?

How about a resounding YES, James Harden and LeBron James could absolutely play together and thrive. I don’t know why you’re confusing the two of them with Russ and Boogie. LeBron has one of the highest basketball IQs of all time and is the best player in the world by a sizeable margin. The idea that he couldn’t coexist with James Harden is on its face preposterous.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Philly and LA about the only realistic teams that can afford him outright. A whole bunch of teams enter the picture if LeBron agrees to opt in for his final year, and Cleveland agrees to a trade package...which you'd think they would if the alternative is losing him for nothing.

33 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

he can opt in and get traded to where ever he wants to go so really any team is in play

Edited by d2o

Lebron is a basketball chameleon. He could blend in anywhere. He can co-exist with anybody on a basketball court.

That was a weird game last night. The Celtics went really cold in the fourth and Cleveland couldn't capitalize. Clarkson had those two wide open threes back to back that if either of them go in, the complexion of the game changes drastically. I'm pretty sure we're going to see a game 7 and it should be fascinating. Hopefully it's going to come down to the wire and we will get to see Lebron at his best and also see how the young Celtics react to pressure.

1 hour ago, d2o said:

Wasnt that said about CP3?

You'd have all three now..... They're great basketball players so they could make it work but all would have to sacrifice their games and one of them would have to do so quite a bit.... Probably Paul.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Explain to me what doesn’t work. Explain to me how LeBron joins Houston and it “doesn’t work”. I’m truly fascinated by this idea. Mike D’Antoni isn’t a good coach? LeBron can’t share the ball? Yeah, I don’t think so. Not to mention that Bron and CP3 have been dying to play with one another for years. And who is their competition? Golden State and maybe Boston. There isn’t a team in the league they wouldn’t be favored over. LeBron in Houston would absolutely work, and barring injury is as close to a lock to win at least one ring as any team around.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You'd have all three now..... They're great basketball players so they could make it work but all would have to sacrifice their games and one of them would have to do so quite a bit.... Probably Paul.

I think that would be a case of the whole not being as great as the sum of its parts.  BUT, that whole would probably still be the best team in the league, so who cares?

If LeBron has dreams of Houston though, he's a pretty big Golden State fan right now.  No way he joins an NBA champion.  He's get roasted 100x what KD got.  He needs to be the missing piece that dethrones a dynasty.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Definitely, but I was referring to how many said the Harden and CP3 wouldn't work cause they needed the ball too much.   They are great players.    They would figure it out.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think that would be a case of the whole not being as great as the sum of its parts.  BUT, that whole would probably still be the best team in the league, so who cares?

If LeBron has dreams of Houston though, he's a pretty big Golden State fan right now.  No way he joins an NBA champion.  He's get roasted 100x what KD got.  He needs to be the missing piece that dethrones a dynasty.

Yeah, I dunno. Fucking over the Warriors for the next 4 years sounds appealing regardless of how this season ends. Capela+Ryan Anderson could get LBJ to Houston. 

11 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, I dunno. Fucking over the Warriors for the next 4 years sounds appealing regardless of how this season ends. Capela+Ryan Anderson could get LBJ to Houston. 

KD still gets crucified for going to a team that was perceived as probably not needing him.  The best player of his generation and master manipulator of his own narrative is going to go to a team that just proved it definitely doesn't need him?

31 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Explain to me what doesn’t work. Explain to me how LeBron joins Houston and it “doesn’t work”. I’m truly fascinated by this idea. Mike D’Antoni isn’t a good coach? LeBron can’t share the ball? Yeah, I don’t think so. Not to mention that Bron and CP3 have been dying to play with one another for years. And who is their competition? Golden State and maybe Boston. There isn’t a team in the league they wouldn’t be favored over. LeBron in Houston would absolutely work, and barring injury is as close to a lock to win at least one ring as any team around.

I'm fascinated that my opinion bothers you so much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Agree. Lebron would fit in just fine at Houston, i just don't think he has any plans of going there. He will go to a team that is a contender, and my guess is it will be Philly

One of the reasons I could see this working, is for Lebron's "legacy."  If he can join that team of youngsters and mentor them into a contender/champion, I see that as an extra notch in his belt (if that makes sense).

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

KD still gets crucified for going to a team that was perceived as probably not needing him.  The best player of his generation and master manipulator of his own narrative is going to go to a team that just proved it definitely doesn't need him?

Golden State is a super-team that should be shooting for 16-0 in the playoffs every year, Lebron to Houston or any other team doesn't change that. We are now in an era of NBA Justice League vs Avengers type bullshit. At this point, it doesn't really matter. Boston's gonna be amazing next year, Houston+LBJ would be incredible too. GS/HOU/BOS can compete for the next couple years until the next top 5 player (AD) decides to go make the next super-group. I don't think this trend is going to end, and will just become more and more accepted as the age of those doing it declines. 

19 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I'm fascinated that my opinion bothers you so much.

Your opinion that adding the best player in the world/arguably greatest player of all time to what’s already a title-contending team “wouldn’t work” is certainly an opinion worthy of my incredulity. This is basketball. The team with the best players wins. Adding THE best player to an already very-good team is going to work. Their floor is the conference finals. That works.

17 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Your opinion that adding the best player in the world/arguably greatest player of all time to what’s already a title-contending team “wouldn’t work” is certainly an opinion worthy of my incredulity. This is basketball. The team with the best players wins. Adding THE best player to an already very-good team is going to work. Their floor is the conference finals. That works.

I didn't say they wouldn't be good.  I just said it wouldn't work.  Someone will not be happy, and I anticipate much resentment. Probably tons of passive-aggressive tweets from LBJ to be had.