Cavs vs. Celtics

Sidney Sherman

6 hours ago, immortal13 said:

While you're clutching James' balls in your mouth

Naw, I just enjoy watching greatness. I feel the same way about Durant. Just enjoy the greatness while you can, because the moment is fleeting. Somewhere there is a guy who bah-humbugged Jordan too and missed all of those great moments.

latest?cb=20110920231941

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I want my money back for these playoffs. Two first round matchups were compelling (one including the Milwaukee Bucks vs a team missing its two best players), and everything else has been Straight Trash Homie.

Thy have been pretty uneventful. I agree.

Hard not to shake the feeling that this one is over.  If Cleveland can continue to completely neutralize Horford with TT and Nance, it just puts too much pressure on the kids (and Marcus Smart) to create offense.  Add to that, Boston let Hill, Nance and Smith gain a little confidence, and it's probably going to be their downfall.  I suppose I've seen crazier things, but a team going 11-0 at home and 1-7 on the road to make an NBA Finals would be right up there.

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hard not to shake the feeling that this one is over.  If Cleveland can continue to completely neutralize Horford with TT and Nance, it just puts too much pressure on the kids (and Marcus Smart) to create offense.  Add to that, Boston let Hill, Nance and Smith gain a little confidence, and it's probably going to be their downfall.  I suppose I've seen crazier things, but a team going 11-0 at home and 1-7 on the road to make an NBA Finals would be right up there.

This could be the year. I think most of us expect to at least have a game 7, yeah? Anything can happen then.

As much as cleveland can beat the celtics, they are equally able to lay a cleveland steamer on the court.  I expect the celts to win at home and probably lose in game 7 because they will get lebron'd.  Then I expect the warriors to sweep them to make up for losing a game last year.

it would be interesting to see if HOU beats GSW and then CLE beats HOU how this would be received.   I  have a feeling that a vocal group would find a way to diminish it if they don't face/beat the Warriors.

Well, I guess it's good that we'll never have to find out.  Watching last night's game, with the two most talented rosters in the league each struggling to find 6 guys who wouldn't instantly become a massive liability...is there a single non-LeBron player on the Cavs that the coaches wouldn't be holding their breath for if they were inserted into that 2nd half?

Edited by aggie08

5 hours ago, Llogg said:

I will say that if the Cavs win it all this year LBJ will have sealed the GOAT debate for me. His team is full of scrubs. Love is a decent stretch 4 who is an abject disaster on defense. And he's their number 2 guy. 

His team has the highest payroll in the NBA. The highest in league history, actually

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

LeBron making sure everyone sees him reading what I’m sure is some super enlightening book:

It's not about the book. What he is saying is I am so unfazed by this game 5 that I am relaxing over here. It's a message to his teammates. It reminds me of a time when this dude was telling me how he was going to whip my ass and mid sentence I held up a "wait a minute" finger and started eating my sandwich.

Edited by Thatguy

Awful shooters like Smart crack me up. It's either great rhythm, all net, looking-like-Kyle-Korver-out-there splashes. Or hideous, break the backboard clunkers. And nothing in between.

I guess guys like him don't get many shooters rolls, so everything has to be perfect for success.

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Awful shooters like Smart crack me up. It's either great rhythm, all net, looking-like-Kyle-Korver-out-there splashes. Or hideous, break the backboard clunkers. And nothing in between.

I guess guys like him don't get many shooters rolls, so everything has to be perfect for success.

Ron Artest/MWP perfected this. Always felt like his missed 3's led to an abnormally high offensive rebound rate because his misses were so far off 

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Ron Artest/MWP perfected this. Always felt like his missed 3's led to an abnormally high offensive rebound rate because his misses were so far off 

That's a good one. I think my currently favorite/cringe-worthy guy has got to be Iggy. Dude has a crazy Dirk-like high arc, so it either beautifully falls out of the sky and almost explodes the net. Or, much more commonly, careens at a local announcer's face...assuming it hits anything.