Cavs vs. Celtics

Sidney Sherman

22 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

How about a resounding YES, James Harden and LeBron James could absolutely play together and thrive. I don’t know why you’re confusing the two of them with Russ and Boogie. LeBron has one of the highest basketball IQs of all time and is the best player in the world by a sizeable margin. The idea that he couldn’t coexist with James Harden is on its face preposterous.

21 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Lebron is a basketball chameleon. He could blend in anywhere. He can co-exist with anybody on a basketball court.

That was a weird game last night. The Celtics went really cold in the fourth and Cleveland couldn't capitalize. Clarkson had those two wide open threes back to back that if either of them go in, the complexion of the game changes drastically. I'm pretty sure we're going to see a game 7 and it should be fascinating. Hopefully it's going to come down to the wire and we will get to see Lebron at his best and also see how the young Celtics react to pressure.

20 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Lebron will defer to no one.  He may, here and there (see Kyrie), but wherever he goes, it will be HIS team.  Can they make that work?

The two bolded are dead on. Lebron doesn't need to be "ball dominant", but as a coach who's hands are you going to put the ball in that is going to make the right play rather than Lebron? So far in his career he hasn't had a guy who can be that so he doesn't have to. Kyrie is a scorer, not really a guy who makes a ton of plays for other guys. It would be different in Houston, because both Harden and CP3 are high basketball IQ guys as well, so he could play off the ball more. You could move Anderson's contract and a couple guys you don't even play if you could get Bron and them to work a deal or two.

Edited by Thatguy

28 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The two bolded are dead on. Lebron doesn't need to be "ball dominant", but as a coach who's hands are you going to put the ball in that is going to make the right play rather than Lebron? So far in his career he hasn't had a guy who can be that so he doesn't have to. Kyrie is a scorer, not really a guy who makes a ton of plays for other guys. It would be different in Houston, because both Harden and CP3 are high basketball IQ guys as well, so he could play off the ball more. You could move Anderson's contract and a couple guys you don't even play if you could get Bron and them to work a deal or two.

I just don't see him going there for a few reason.     It would be very different than when he went to MIA or back to CLE and something he would be killed for.   Rightly so if he did IMO.

5 minutes ago, d2o said:

I just don't see him going there for a few reason.     It would be very different than when he went to MIA or back to CLE and something he would be killed for.   Rightly so if he did IMO.

To me it depends on the outcome of these two series. If Houston falls to GSW then it opens the doors for him. Especially if the Cavs lose to Boston. However, he cannot go to the Rockets if they win the ship.

Edited by Thatguy

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

To me it depends on the outcome of these two series. If Houston falls to GSW then it opens the doors for him. Especially if the Cavs lose to Boston. However, he cannot go to the Rockets if they win the ship.

Yeah I don't really think it's a good look going there regardless of the outcome of either series.

38 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You could move Anderson's contract and a couple guys you don't even play if you could get Bron and them to work a deal or two.

Why would Cleveland do that? They'd rather lose LeBron for nothing than pay Anderson $40M and collect a bunch of junk.  Maybe they'd take Anderson if Houston packaged him with Eric Gordon.  Probably not though.  They know that they're going to be really bad for a couple of years when LeBron leaves, so they'll be looking for good draft picks from any team looking to trade for Bron.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Why would Cleveland do that? They'd rather lose LeBron for nothing than pay Anderson $40M and collect a bunch of junk.  Maybe they'd take Anderson if Houston packaged him with Eric Gordon.  Probably not though.  They know that they're going to be really bad for a couple of years when LeBron leaves, so they'll be looking for good draft picks from any team looking to trade for Bron.

Yeah, it would more than likely have to be a 3 way to get Anderson some place else and get picks to CLE.   CLE is going into tank mode if LBJ leaves.

Edited by d2o

5 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

how does it work? if Lebron signs (opts in) and they trade him immediately, how does that benefit Lebron? Why would he agree to that instead of going full free agent?

Like CP3 did last yr.  He tells them he wants to go to HOU, they work out a trade to get him there.    CLE gets something out of him leaving, he goes where wants to go.

And he's already making the max, so it's not like opting in would cost him much financially either.  Plus, it puts him on another one year contract without the criticism he'd receive for negotiating a one-year deal in free agency.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

And he's already making the max, so it's not like opting in would cost him much financially either.  Plus, it puts him on another one year contract without the criticism he'd receive for negotiating a one-year deal in free agency.

Yeah at this point, he still was gonna go for a one yr max deal anyway to maintain his leverage

33 minutes ago, d2o said:

Like CP3 did last yr.  He tells them he wants to go to HOU, they work out a trade to get him there.    CLE gets something out of him leaving, he goes where wants to go.

but he could go to HOU anyway without a trade ? or not because HOU has to unload a contract to get him and the only way is a trade? Or he could go anywhere where the team has space?

I'm kind of feeling a Lebron for Harden straight up deal. Super Crazy at this point but anthing is possible right? 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I don't mean trade. I mean move a couple of the contracts they currently have to free up some money for Lebron. 

2 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

but he could go to HOU anyway without a trade ? or not because HOU has to unload a contract to get him and the only way is a trade? Or he could go anywhere where the team has space?

I'm kind of feeling a Lebron for Harden straight up deal. Super Crazy at this point but anthing is possible right? 

HOU will have to unload multiple contracts to get it done.   While I'm sure HOU would love to have LBJ no matter what, the idea is to have LBJ while keeping Harden and Paul so there may a .00000000001% of that trade happen but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I don't mean trade. I mean move a couple of the contracts they currently have to free up some money for Lebron. 

They would have to  renounce every FA they have (including Ariza and Capela) and trade Ryan Anderson.   That's not happening.

Just now, ernest_t_bass said:

Lebron James is the year's NBA MVP.  The only reason he won't receive it is b/c he is expected to be super-human, and that's a travesty.  Normal guys achieve his every day status, and they are rewarded.

They would build a statue of KD in Oakland if he put up numbers like that even 1/3 as consistently as LBJ does. And people try to say he's better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Lebron James is the year's NBA MVP.  The only reason he won't receive it is b/c he is expected to be super-human, and that's a travesty.  Normal guys achieve his every day status, and they are rewarded.

The MVP is a full season award. LeBron is the best player ever and led the highest payroll in the NBA to the 4-seed in the weak ass East. If the award was for “best player in the world” he’d get it every year, but it’s not- it’s for the guy who had the best year. And yeah, he was individually great as always, but he’s not deserving when guys like AD and Harden led their team beyond expectations while playing out of their minds. Davis in particular was otherworldly after Boogie went down. That team actually got better behind AD after losing Boogie.

Edited by Goo Punch

Sorry Boston but Larry Bird ain’t walking through the door Game 7.

also where is that one LeBron hater that cried and got so mad when the raptors got destroyed?

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

The MVP is a full season award. LeBron is the best player ever and led the highest payroll in the NBA to the 4-seed in the weak ass East. If the award was for “best player in the world” he’d get it every year, but it’s not- it’s for the guy who had the best year. And yeah, he was individually great as always, but he’s not deserving when guys like AD and Harden led their team behind expectations while playing out of their minds.

Are you telling me Lebron didn't have a great year?  Are you telling me Lebron didn't have an NBA worthy year?

• Fuck You 1