Havana Syndrome

Dahobbs

On 4/1/2024 at 10:42 PM, Satchel said:

Our government is taking it seriously. It just doesn’t want Americans to know just how vulnerable we are.

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

The Russian spy caught trying to space laser the woman in Florida was kinda chilling. My only thought is we must be doing some really scary shit in Russia.

Couldn’t agree with both of these statements more. 

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

The Russian spy caught trying to space laser the woman in Florida was kinda chilling. My only thought is we must be doing some really scary shit in Russia.

I hope we are or at least I hope we are prepared to do so.  We didn't destroy the fascists in WWII by sitting around singing Kumbaya. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, C-Man said:

Watched the 60 Minutes piece on Sunday. Pretty interesting. Not too much new information other than some (mostly) public confirmation that it's the Russians doing this.

I had never heard about the Russian guy in the Keys that got stopped. That story is insane. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol we're not doing shit in Russia. They fuck with our elections, they fuck with us on soccial media and sew discord, and we sit back and let it happen. 

Not only that, but the outgoing president very likely outed a shitload of human intel assets on his way out. There was a massive culling of US humint in 2021, right around the time trump was stealing pallets of classified documents and kushner was getting billions from the Saudis.

Gee, I sure am glad that we have let that particular matter go so fucking long before reaching trial!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not only that, but the outgoing president very likely outed a shitload of human intel assets on his way out. There was a massive culling of US humint in 2021, right around the time trump was stealing pallets of classified documents and kushner was getting billions from the Saudis.

Gee, I sure am glad that we have let that particular matter go so fucking long before reaching trial!

The fact he's still a free man is all the evidence I need that there's no such thing as a Deep State (or if there is one, it's about as capable as Blake Gideon in the secondary)

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

The fact he's still a free man is all the evidence I need that there's no such thing as a Deep State (or if there is one, it's about as capable as Blake Gideon in the secondary)

Merrick Garland is a real corch on the field

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

He was outing our spies to China and Russia as early as 2017.

How was I to know she was with the Russians too?  I was gambling in Havana.  I took a little risk.  Send lawyers, guns, and money.  And get me out of this.  I am an innocent bystander.  And somehow I got stuck.  

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol we're not doing shit in Russia. They fuck with our elections, they fuck with us on soccial media and sew discord, and we sit back and let it happen. 

As long as we are helping the Ukraine, we are doing shit to harm Putin and Russia.  We've got a good old fashioned proxy war going on, and I love it.  Reason #1238918123 to vote for Biden/not vote for Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

How was I to know she was with the Russians too?  I was gambling in Havana.  I took a little risk.  Send lawyers, guns, and money.  And get me out of this.  I am an innocent bystander.  And somehow I got stuck.  

My son loves this song. I listen to it about 3-5 times a day. It does not get old. 

• Like 2

Hard to believe he died over 20 years ago.  But what a poignant set of lyrics given Russia and Havana.  

csb/ Ten years after Zevon's death, Lou Reed died.  And I got to toast to his memory with a Hollywood screenwriter/author friend of mine who happened to be in town.  And he brought with him, Giancarlo Esposito who was an old friend of his who happened to be living in Austin at the time to shoot some show on NBC.  We talked about Zevon and Reed's music for hours.  I listen to that song weekly, along with "Keep me in your Heart."  If Warren had known how prophetic those few verses would become.  There really does to be what they told us about in college, Life can imitate Art.  And now we are seeing and hearing it in real time.  For the first time in my adult life, I am finally tuning in.  We are become the surreal.  

24 minutes ago, Goredho said:

As long as we are helping the Ukraine, we are doing shit to harm Putin and Russia.  We've got a good old fashioned proxy war going on, and I love it.  Reason #1238918123 to vote for Biden/not vote for Trump.

Except right now we're not doing much to help Ukraine, thanks to our congress. 

We’d never own up to it, much like we’re pretending Havana syndrome is not a thing., but I’d be very surprised if we’re not space lasering the hell out of Russia.

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Vote accordingly and help others weigh their political options.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Bad news is they really do need more cash and humanitarian aid and that is absolutely being held up by our Congress.  Good news is there is no mechanism for the authority to send more decommissioned weapons systems to be sent to Eastern Europe.  Where they will then be updated and trained the UDF by our NATO allies.  I think most of us probably know 'operators' who've coincidentally been visiting Europe multiple times over the last two years.  Just as I sarcastically post about how history will look back at this era of American history as being so fucking stupid...our grandchildren will at least get to read about the downfall of Russia without any U.S. Military boots in harm's way.  That shithole country will finally meet it's demise, and our President will never say a word about it as a brilliant stroke of irony.  This is the most impressive military operation perhaps in human history.  Not in scope, but in logistical prowess.  This will be studied for centuries at military academies all around the world and consequently denied by the stupids for even longer.  

I am torn between wishing they were alive but glad my grandfather and father who served to fight against Russian aggression aren't alive to see so much support for Moscow and Putin.  Once again---prize mistake, lack of imagination.