2018-19 Texas Longhorns thread

Machinator

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I listened to the "Pretend We're Football" podcast today and one of them said it best. Some teams find a way to win and we're just a team that just finds a way to lose. Whether it be periods of play where we should stretch a lead to double digits or more, but don't. Or periods of play like against Georgia where we're on the verge of making a comeback and taking the lead, but miss consecutive wide open layups and dunks. Another guy made a good point about this team's senior leaders not being guys who really command respect. One guy shouts "Let's Go" in a timeout then commences to miss several easy bunnies out on the court while the other guy get's everyone hype, but routinely makes buffoonish mistakes in crunch time. I've gotta believe trading out Andrew Jones for Kerwin Roach's usage rate next year is going to have a demonstrable effect on our team, provided Jones can return to form. 

They definitely made some good points, but they seemed to blame the lack of senior leadership/execution late game solely on the players. Kerwin Roach has been coached by Shaka for 4 years now, Dylan for 3. Part of their mental lapses and inability to execute rest with the coach. I've seen one guy under Shaka be solid late in games, Isaiah Taylor, and that had nothing to do with Shaka's coaching. Coleman and just about every other player look nervous and lost late in games, and it's pretty obvious there are some major coaching issues. I also haven't seen many players improve a ton under Shaka from year to year. 

Also, while I agree that those aren't exactly the type of guys you feel great about giving the ball to late in games, DO and Roach have been far and away our 2 best players after Hayes and there's a pretty solid gap after them, so it's not like our seniors aren't showing up to play at all. I mentioned this in the Fire Shaka thread about next year's team, but in all three of WS/40, Box Plus Minus and Net Rating, our team leaders are: Hayes>>>>>>>DO, Roach,>>>>>>Coleman, Febres, etc.  Roach, especially has been by far our best player in some of our biggest games, like UNC and OU.  I will say that Coleman has been coming on more lately, but he was pretty terrible to start the season. 

Also, even if Jones comes back next year, we probably can't expect him to play starter minutes. His recovery is going to be very tough, and it doesn't take much to create a huge bump in the road for him.

This team's ceiling would be 7th in the conference and finishing about five games below .500 if Jaxson Hayes hadn't turned out to be a miracle unicorn. For all the bad luck Shaka has had, that's a remarkable stroke of good luck that may very well save his job for at least another year, because he would be outta here if not for that. I can't compare Hayes to anyone I've ever heard of before. From six minutes per game as a junior in HS to a lottery pick as a lowly rated one and done. Unreal.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

This 5 game stretch will determine if we make the tournament. This is the easiest stretch in Big 12 play IMO. 

Baylor

@ WV

K-State

Oklahoma State

@ OU

3 winnable games at home and 2 of the easier road games in the Big 12. The key is holding home court. Win all 5 of those and they will get a bid but there are some winnable games on the road. We've probably played 3 out of the 4 toughest road games so far (Kansas, Iowa State and K-State). 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This 5 game stretch will determine if we make the tournament. This is the easiest stretch in Big 12 play IMO. 

Baylor

@ WV

K-State

Oklahoma State

@ OU

3 winnable games at home and 2 of the easier road games in the Big 12. The key is holding home court. Win all 5 of those and they will get a bid but there are some winnable games on the road. We've probably played 3 out of the 4 toughest road games so far (Kansas, Iowa State and K-State). 

I'll be shocked if we win 3 of those. both road games are a loss and we'll have at least one of our classic 4 for 26 from 3 shooting nights at home.  I realize our SOS is showing well but I think the Big 12 is pretty down this year and by the end of the year 9-9 might not get us in with the home losses we've had.

but you never know...

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'll be shocked if we win 3 of those. both road games are a loss and we'll have at least one of our classic 4 for 26 from 3 shooting nights at home.  I realize our SOS is showing well but I think the Big 12 is pretty down this year and by the end of the year 9-9 might not get us in with the home losses we've had.

but you never know...

The Big 12 isn't what it was last year but it's still the best or second best conference. There's a pretty sizable margin between the Big 10, Big 12 and then the ACC. At least based on Kenpom. 

The difference this year is the PAC 12 is an absolute dumpster fire and the mid major bubble is as bad as it's been in years. 

9-9 will easily get Texas in the tournament. They won't even be in a first four game at 9-9. 

FYI here's a breakdown of the conferences. This is the problem with the bubble. Outside of the Big 12, Big 10, ACC, and a few teams in the SEC it's complete trash. Even the Big East is pretty bad this year. The bubble is going to be god awful. 

I'm going to guess the combination of the Pac 12 and Big East is the worst combination of two power conferences in the Kenpom era. It's that bad. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Basically we seem like a pretty dumb basketball team. We constantly shoot threes which we suck at. We can’t finish games. We take long stretches of ignoring our best most productive player in Hayes. We make bonehead mistakes which cause us losses at the end of games. 

It’s really kind of maddening. To me there is nothing more maddening than a dumb basketball team. You got a dumb football team?You can still win a whole lot of games because it doesn’t matter all that much.

As for baseball, its impossible to have a completely dumb baseball team because there are just too many players and nobody can recruit that poorly and pitching is paramount anyway.

But you can have a dumb basketball team with only 5 players needed on the floor at a time. It ultimately takes poor coaching to do it, but it appears that’s what we’ve got. I think we could be a smart and very good basketball team with the right coaching. 

I have mixed feelings about even making the tournament.

Of course I want to see the guys do well and it's good experience for the younger guys.

But we could get hot and win twice and make the Sweet 16 and that could buy Shaka another couple of years.  At this point, I'm so tired of this low basketball IQ bullshit that I just want him gone.  And I'm eating crow here, because I was on record on TOS saying Shaka would win a championship here.  Now, after four years of us looking like a bunch of really athletic guys who literally just met, he can take his ass to South Florida with Charlie.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:
When you account for Hayes (very surprisingly based on recruiting rankings) actually being about as good as Bamba and our other recent one-and-done bigs, it’s absolutely ridiculous that we aren’t at a minimum better than we were last year.  We lost Kevin f’n Durant, with no replacement, and were better the next year because we brought back the other guys that were major contributors.  

How are we the only program in college basketball where experience doesn’t help? (Rhetorical question)

we lost TJ and went back to the Sweet 16. It shouldn't be this hard. 

edited to add: we lost TJ and for all intents and purposes lost James Thomas as well, who was suffering from chronic hip problems and who quickly became a shell of his former self. Rick, who really likes to only play 7-8 guys like a lot of coaches, used his roster depth more than he ever had. One thing about Barnes is that he knows how to adapt and utilize his roster, whatever that means doing. Check out this minutes distribution and those national rankings:

92582e4ebb3775f901b3b6cbd4380256.jpg

We need another coach who can adapt. I think that Buzz and Howland have proven that they can, and I believe that Musselman and Prohm can as well.

Edited by Goo Punch

16 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Howland would probably be my #1 choice.   

Isn't Howland more of a defensive coach??

Really want to see Texas hire someone that can produce more points..... much more fun to watch and will attract better attendance at games.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
Really want to see Texas hire someone that can produce more points..... much more fun to watch and will attract better attendance at games.

nope:

32fa94564dca00b4d5f6037fa92124f6.jpg

70f1580e12942708ccc0fc680efcd659.jpg

0e4057f4ff497656181279d63da78b45.jpg

646fdbc2e46f6fb6157d2aad19e6bf10.jpg

d94a7a3d625f76be861b274f2b5acabc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Goo Punch

Does anyone out there still not understand why I roll my eyes in incredulity every time Shaka Smart opens his mouth? "I feel like we've been treating the game good"? Holy crap that is a bunch of nonsense. I got a better quote for you:

"Life treats winners differently."

-August Edmun Garrido Jr.

grow a fuckin sack and own your own shit. you guys can't tell me you don't miss Rick Barnes' straightforward, no punches held style. he called a spade a spade, publicly and privately. everyone knew what the expectations and demands were. be a man and handle your shit, or don't and pay the consequences. we definitely are missing that around here these days. what a crock of shit.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Oh I agree and originally had "offense be damned" in my post, but at this point I'm so hungry to get back to being a formidable team that I'd take a successful defense-first coach as well. My shoot for the stars coach would be Mark Few, but he doesn't seem to want to leave Gonzaga.

24 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Oh I agree and originally had "offense be damned" in my post, but at this point I'm so hungry to get back to being a formidable team that I'd take a successful defense-first coach as well. My shoot for the stars coach would be Mark Few, but he doesn't seem to want to leave Gonzaga.

check out my spoiler'd post above. Howland has led a whole bunch of really good offenses. 

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

nope:

Hide contents

32fa94564dca00b4d5f6037fa92124f6.jpg

70f1580e12942708ccc0fc680efcd659.jpg

0e4057f4ff497656181279d63da78b45.jpg

646fdbc2e46f6fb6157d2aad19e6bf10.jpg

d94a7a3d625f76be861b274f2b5acabc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All that aside, as we've seen with Barnes (and even this year with Shaka), it's possible for a team to be efficient offensively yet not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Howland's offense falls into that category. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

I don't disagree with any of that, just pointing out that his offenses have been good. I'd definitely rather watch Musselman's offense, and in all honesty Rick's current Tennessee offense is beautiful to watch. Bringing in a coach who likes to get up and down and score would definitely be ideal. 

Edited by Goo Punch

On 1/31/2019 at 11:22 PM, Burt Macklin said:

They definitely made some good points, but they seemed to blame the lack of senior leadership/execution late game solely on the players. Kerwin Roach has been coached by Shaka for 4 years now, Dylan for 3. Part of their mental lapses and inability to execute rest with the coach. I've seen one guy under Shaka be solid late in games, Isaiah Taylor, and that had nothing to do with Shaka's coaching. Coleman and just about every other player look nervous and lost late in games, and it's pretty obvious there are some major coaching issues. I also haven't seen many players improve a ton under Shaka from year to year. 

Also, while I agree that those aren't exactly the type of guys you feel great about giving the ball to late in games, DO and Roach have been far and away our 2 best players after Hayes and there's a pretty solid gap after them, so it's not like our seniors aren't showing up to play at all. I mentioned this in the Fire Shaka thread about next year's team, but in all three of WS/40, Box Plus Minus and Net Rating, our team leaders are: Hayes>>>>>>>DO, Roach,>>>>>>Coleman, Febres, etc.  Roach, especially has been by far our best player in some of our biggest games, like UNC and OU.  I will say that Coleman has been coming on more lately, but he was pretty terrible to start the season. 

Also, even if Jones comes back next year, we probably can't expect him to play starter minutes. His recovery is going to be very tough, and it doesn't take much to create a huge bump in the road for him.

Couple of minor things: We had to drop the convo for time reasons - Tim and I would blather on for 90 minutes at a time if Will didn't keep us on track - so we didn't get into every detail on the senior leadership thing, but it's fair to put some of it on the coaches (mostly with DO) because they're the ones who recruited him. They probably whiffed on vetting his mental makeup, or judged the risk/reward differently than we're doing in hindsight. Snoop is...well, he's Snoop. He will never not be Snoop, and I imagine if Barnes was still around Snoop would've transferred a couple years ago.

As for Jones, he could play right now. The coaches are making the decision to keep him out until his treatment is complete (there's one round left, if memory serves) which preserves the medical redshirt option, but he's practicing with the team.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

"it's fair to place 'some' blame on the coaches, because they are the ones who recruited him."

This just in, BWG absolves Shaka of any blame for poor coaching. Later at 10, water is wet! 

So DO is just mentally weak and there's nothing Shaka or any coach could do to change that, and "Snoop is just Snoop" and there's nothing Shaka or any other coach could possibly do about that in four years either. 

You're literally just a long winded Fozzz/Cameltoe/Wescott Eberts. The never ending train of excuses is a tired act. Players being mentally weak or having mental lapses/deficiencies is something that every single coach comes up against, and if these things were as impossible to overcome as you claim then college basketball would be in serious trouble.

For example, nobody on this team is even 1/5 of the challenge that J'Covan Brown was for Rick Barnes, and yet to each man's credit JB was a different player his junior year, and even became a team leader and crunch time badass who for all intents and purposes put the team on his back in an NCAA tournament game and single handedly led them to Sweet 16. This, after two years of being the dumbest, most erratic, most hubris-filled, selfish, no-basketball-IQ-having guard of all time. It took two years of tough love, hard coaching, getting benched, fighting back, taking losses, and constant effort, but it happened. Don't tell me that it's impossible for Shaka Smart to do anything about freaking Dylan Osetkowski and Kerwin Roach's mental struggles. 

to recap BWG's latest:

1)We're doing just as well as we did during Barnes' last four years- not even a little bit true

2)Our stats under Shaka are nearly identical to those during Barnes' last tourney years- crazy, bold faced lie

3)We're doing about as well as we possibly could be, regardless of who was coaching these rosters- idiotic, delusional

4)DO and Roach were irreparably damaged goods upon arriving to campus and no coach in the country could have made progress with either of them- Is this Shaka Smart fan fiction?

It's too bad he refused to respond to Macklin's point about zero player development under Shaka, as I'm sure the explanation for that would have been just as fascinating as everything posted above. 

Looking at the bubble per Lunardi

Last 4 in: Florida (12-9, #17 SOS, 1 Q1 wins),  Indiana (13-9, #6 SOS, 3 Q1 wins), ASU (15-6, #62 SOS, 3 Q1 wins), Seton Hall (13-9, #19 SOS, 2 Q1 wins)

First 4 out:  VCU (15-6, #88 SOS, 1 Q1 win), Temple (16-6, #82 SOS, 1 Q1 win), Utah State (17-5, #197 SOS, 1 Q1 win), San Francisco (17-5, #162 SOS, 0 Q1 wins) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas resume (12-10, #8 SOS, 4 Q1 wins)

The committee is either going to have to pick lots of .500ish power conference teams or smaller school types that haven't beaten anyone/have shit metrics. Just look at the first 4 out teams and you get a good perspective at how shit the bubble is. Texas has more quadrant 1 wins than all 4 of the "first 4 out teams" combined. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Matt Coleman is exhibit A of a guy who should be vastly improved over his 1st year.  he's the same player with a slightly better 3pt%.  we had to battle Duke for him and the guy is going to be an OK starter for 4 years but pretty much forgettable.

Roach is who he is. a good player but not good enough to carry us to wins in close games.  I appreciate he has worked on his FT shooting.

DO was misused from the jump.  dude should not be logging this many minutes in a healthy program.  he was recruited by Tulane for a reason.

why we don't play Hamm a bit more is a mystery to me, given Sims falling off the face of the earth.

Ramey has a chance to be pretty good and seems to have gotten a little better during the season.

Long is a waste of a scholarship

If Febres could get to one real good game out of 2 he'd be a big plus to the team.  he needs to take all of DO's 3pt attempts a game.  DO should probably shoot one early just so the D has to at least think he will shoot.

Hayes is of course amazing given a freshmen and the glue that keeps us in games.

I was on record saying we don't make the tourney but holy balls the bubble and Pac 12 are shitshows.  I think we have a better than reasonable chance to get to 9-9 and we get Shaka for one more year.  much more fun to be in the dance than not.

I'm not sure what he'll do without Hayes next year though.  

This is based on bracketmatrix. The problem with the bubble is not many teams have quality wins. 

Teams that are in but near the bubble-

Minnesota (#37 SOS and 3 Q1 wins)

Nebraska (#13 SOS and 2 Q1 wins)

St. Johns (#80 SOS and 3 Q1 wins)

Indiana (#6 SOS and 3 Q1 wins)

UCF (#150 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

ASU (#62 SOS and 3 Q1 wins)

Alabama (#16 SOS and 2 Q1 wins)

Wofford (#109 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

Florida (#17 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

Davidson (#115 SOS and 0 Q1 wins)

Lipscomb (#185 SOS and 2 Q1 wins)

VCU (#88 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

First 4 out-

Seton Hall (#19 SOS and 2 Q1 wins)

Temple (#82 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

Utah State (#197 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

Clemson (#28 SOS and 0 Q1 wins)

The next 4 out-

Butler (#31 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

Creighton (#15 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

UNC Greensboro (#255 SOS and 1 Q1 win)

SF (#162 SOS and 0 Q1 wins)

15 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

"it's fair to place 'some' blame on the coaches, because they are the ones who recruited him."

This just in, BWG absolves Shaka of any blame for poor coaching. Later at 10, water is wet! 

So DO is just mentally weak and there's nothing Shaka or any coach could do to change that, and "Snoop is just Snoop" and there's nothing Shaka or any other coach could possibly do about that in four years either. 

You're literally just a long winded Fozzz/Cameltoe/Wescott Eberts. The never ending train of excuses is a tired act. Players being mentally weak or having mental lapses/deficiencies is something that every single coach comes up against, and if these things were as impossible to overcome as you claim then college basketball would be in serious trouble.

For example, nobody on this team is even 1/5 of the challenge that J'Covan Brown was for Rick Barnes, and yet to each man's credit JB was a different player his junior year, and even became a team leader and crunch time badass who for all intents and purposes put the team on his back in an NCAA tournament game and single handedly led them to Sweet 16. This, after two years of being the dumbest, most erratic, most hubris-filled, selfish, no-basketball-IQ-having guard of all time. It took two years of tough love, hard coaching, getting benched, fighting back, taking losses, and constant effort, but it happened. Don't tell me that it's impossible for Shaka Smart to do anything about freaking Dylan Osetkowski and Kerwin Roach's mental struggles. 

It's funny to see you suddenly come swooping in as an ardent defender of J'Covan Brown, but then again given the purpose of your post it's fairly predictable. Brown is literally the reason that 2011 team went from beiung arguably Barnes best coaching job of his tenure at UT to out of the tournament in the first weekend. So I wouldnt exactly use him as an example of a player who changed his demeanor and play over his 3 years on campus. There's nothing that changed demonstrably over his 3 years on campus other than the time Barnes gave him on the court.  

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

It's funny to see you suddenly come swooping in as an ardent defender of J'Covan Brown, but then again given the purpose of your post it's fairly predictable. Brown is literally the reason that 2011 team went from beiung arguably Barnes best coaching job of his tenure at UT to out of the tournament in the first weekend. So I wouldnt exactly use him as an example of a player who changed his demeanor and play over his 3 years on campus. There's nothing that changed demonstrably over his 3 years on campus other than the time Barnes gave him on the court.  

That's total BS, from your contention that i've suddenly changed my opinion on JB (go back and look it up on shaggy- i have him a ton of credit for how much he matured his third year as it was happening, so this isn't new from me. my point that coaches have to deal with mentally weak/iffy players still stands with or without the JB example, so it's not like I needed to make something up here- he just happened to be an exemplary case of a player with head issues who. improved over time.

also, you must be confused about that season. the 2011 team started the year unranked, finished ranked 8th in the country, and lost to arizona in the seeet 16 despite JB putting the team on his back in the 2H and hitting 13/13 FTs  on his way to a team high 23 points. We never would have relied on JB like that his first two years here.

oh, and BWG's points are still incredibly disingenuous and nothing more than his latest "Shaka could not have possibly done anything to improve any aspect of his own program" agenda. even the guys at BC think he's lost his mind. his "points" are indefensible garbage, and whether or not you agree with anything i've said about JB doesn't change that. 

Edited by Goo Punch

and yes, of course i remember the NU game of 2011. I never said that JB did a total 180. That loss was on him, and his behavior afterwards was totally out of line, but the fact remains that he was different player his final year. All of his stats went up across the board, his efficiency went up despite his volume going way up, he cut down on the no-look passes to Wangmene, he cut down on yelling at the refs, his teammates, his coaches, etc, his shot selection improved, he finally got himself to the line with regularity, and he was in fact very mature and clutch in most of our late season games, even losses like CU (21 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 2 stl, 4/6 3PM, 5/5 FTM) and Arizona. He still wasn't perfect, but he absolutely was a different person and player. 

mans again, ultimately this is all superfluous- the idea that DO and Roach couldn't be coached out of any of their bad habits by any coach in the country is a crock of shit, and i will never apologize or feel even the tiniest bit bad about calling out BWG for his lame ass takes and his Shaka Smart Stan routine. I know it upsets you when I get this way, but nobody made BWG come to this board, call me out, start shit with me, and then proceed to spout delusional, disingenuous bullshit about our coach. He made his own bed and he can lie in it.

Edited by Goo Punch

and yes, of course i remember the NU game of 2011. I never said that JB did a total 180. That loss was on him, and his behavior afterwards was totally out of line, but the fact remains that he was different player his final year. All of his stats went up across the board, his efficiency went up despite his volume going way up, he cut down on the no-look passes to Wangmene, he cut down on yelling at the refs, his teammates, his coaches, etc, his shot selection improved, he finally got himself to the line with regularity, and he was in fact very mature and clutch in most of our late season games, even losses like CU (21 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 2 stl, 4/6 3PM, 5/5 FTM) and Arizona. He still wasn't perfect, but he absolutely was a different person and player. 
mans again, ultimately this is all superfluous- the idea that DO and Roach couldn't be coached out of any of their bad habits by any coach in the country is a crock of shit, and i will never apologize or feel even the tiniest bit bad about calling out BWG for his lame ass takes and his Shaka Smart Stan routine. I know it upsets you when I get this way, but nobody made BWG come to this board, call me out, start shit with me, and then proceed to spout delusional, disingenuous bullshit about our coach. He made his own bed and he can lie in it.
Where exactly did BWG call you out? And btw, that 2011 team didn't make the sweet 16.

10 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:
8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Read more  

Where exactly did BWG call you out? And btw, that 2011 team didn't make the sweet 16.

that's why i said "for all intents and purposes". J'Covan did enough to lead us to the win, but the refs absolutely fucked us. 

Here's my whole thing: all of you are able to post here with me every single day because you guys give me respect and i give it back. It's that simple. Don't start it with me and I won't start it with you.

BWG came to the board back at the beginning of the season and announced that he was above talking to me. Unprovoked. Never spoken to the guy before, don't know a thing about him, and apparently he writes for BC just like my dad, who for all I know he could be friends with. So why start shit with me? He stuck to his word too. All season long he would participate in the same discussions as me, I would quote him, reply to him civilly just like I would anyone else, and every single time he refused to respond. To come here and proclaim that you are above even speaking to me and then to clearly actually believe it- wow; i thought i was supposed to be the asshole. come on. 

but hey, did i take the bait? did i respond in kind? did i flip out and demand that he answer me, or spend the entire season trying to start shit with him? nope. i just kept responding to him like normal and left it up to him whether or not he wanted to come off his high horse and talk hoops with me. this lasted for 4 or 5 months, until recently, when he started with all of this insane, disingenuous BS about Shaka doing "as well as he possibly could have" and being "statistically identical to Barnes". that bullshit made me roll my eyes, but what really set me off was when he claimed that our fans just don't understand the game like he does, that the analytics that he's looked over prove that all of our fans were wrong to judge shaka, only to then say, "but i don't have the spreadsheets with me, so you'll just have to take my word for it."

fuck. that. you're someone who writes about UT hoops and who has made it clear that you think very very highly of yourself and your opinions because of this, and now you come over here to the pleb board and tell us all that we're wrong, that we just don't know as much as you, that you've pored over the data, and that the data says that Shaka and Barnes are essentially equals over their last four years at Texas, trusting that we're all too lazy and stupid to look up the stats for ourselves and call you in your Bs. THAT is an asshole. THAT is someone who should fuck off from this board. Particularly since his opinions are fucking idiotic and factually incorrect. Nobody made him come here and start shit with me, and nobody made him prove time and again that he seriously believes he's above speaking to me. And nobody is going to talk me out of thinking that he and his retarded opinions can fuck back off to BC. 

26 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:
8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Yuge Texas fan.

Had no idea Texas didn't make the Sweet 16 in 2011.

Or at all, since 2008.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yuge Texas fan.

Had no idea Texas didn't make the Sweet 16 in 2011.

Or at all, since 2008.

This is what I'm talking about. You are completely delusional, and are comporting yourself like peak Derka. Once again, the words you type are total bullshit. I don't even know where catdaddy thinks I said that Texas went to the Sweet 16 that year, because in the post he quoted I explicitly posted that JB played well in our loss to Arizona in the round of 32. And in a previous post I said that JB "for all intents and purposes put the team on his back and led them to the Sweet 16." Because hello- we got fucked out of that win.

But none of this matters to you. You've been acting like a little bitch for two straight days, popping in to talk shit to me while adding literally nothing to any conversation about Texas basketball because you're salty about Rick Barnes. Like I said, you are completely self deluded to think that you aren't going 100% peak Derka right now. Someone has pissed you off so you're going to act like a twat in every single post you make, without even knowing what you're talking about. Well done. You should be proud. You're me in 2009.

Edited by Goo Punch

This is what I'm talking about. You are completely delusional, and are comporting yourself like peak Derka. Once again, the words you type are total bullshit. I don't even know where catdaddy thinks I said that Texas went to the Sweet 16 that year, because in the post he quoted I explicitly posted that JB played well in our loss to Arizona in the round of 32. And in a previous post I said that JB "for all intents and purposes put the team on his back and led them to the Sweet 16." Because hello- we got fucked out of that win.

But none of this matters to you. You've been acting like a little bitch for two straight days, popping in to talk shit to me while adding literally nothing to any conversation about Texas basketball because you're salty about Rick Barnes. Like I said, you are completely self deluded to think that you aren't going 100% peak Derka right now. Someone has pissed you off so you're going to act like a twat in every single post you make, without even knowing what you're talking about. Well done. You should be proud. You're me in 2009.

Your first response to me had Texas losing to Arizona in the sweet 16, and you more than anyone knows the multi-quote function on here sucks so I didn't bother quoting your first post.

• Like 2

Rick was the best coach we ever had and for the first ten years was really really good, even though we never got to the title game.

The next seven years were pretty mediocre as we never even got to the sweet sixteen. Both sides needed a change of scenery. Not sure why this is even controversial.

Still way better than Shaka con though. 

46 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Your first response to me had Texas losing to Arizona in the sweet 16, and you more than anyone knows the multi-quote function on here sucks so I didn't bother quoting your first post.

I cannot believe that I'm having this conversation with you of all people. I'm not gonna go back and look up every post i've made in this thread, because you know as well as I do that if I did refer to that game as a S16 game one time in one post that it was a slip of the tongue, and not that I'd thought for all these years that Texas made the Sweet 16 in 2011. As if you haven't read literally dozens of other posts of mine on the subject showing as much. Come on.

This is what this thread has devolved to now. We aren't even attempting to have any sort of substantive, adult discussion. Instead we're talking a bunch of shit (js1) and being petty (harping on this idea that I thought we went to the S16 in 2011 over and over), when a)you know that i don't think that, and b)you aren't even reaponding to anything else that i'm posting. This is elementary school level stuff. 

Edited by Goo Punch

16 minutes ago, Bitterwhiteguy said:

How can I call out somebody whose posts I don't see?

See? He's still at it. What a douchebag. He thinks very very highly of himself and his opinion because he's a "writer" (for a fan blog), and he thinks very lowly of most of us here. AND he has no qualms about broadcasting these feelings. He's told all of you that you just don't understand the nuances of the game like he does. What an ass.

His opinions are terrible, he has his head up Shaka's ass, and unlike every single other person here who's been posting with me all season long, he apparently can't even bring himself to converse with me because i'm so far beneath him. This despite having never said a word to or about him before he came here and announced his superiority over me. And this from a guy whose actual belief is that Shaka has done as well as he possibly could have, and that no other coach could be doing better with his rosters full of 4* and 5* players. Total assclown who demands respect without giving any. I sincerely hope that the people around here start to take note of this guy's self-absorbed, self-congratulatory style and come around to my "you can go ahead and fuck off" line of thinking towards him. 

Edited by Goo Punch