2021-22 PGA thread

Wally Fairway

Justin Leonard recently moved the family to near Jupiter FL from Colorado. Tees it up this week in his first senior tour event. Then back to commentary work at The Open.

https://www.pgatour.com/champions/news/2022/07/05/justin-leonard-debut-turns-50-bridgestone-senior-players-firestone-colorado-broadcast-family-lessons.html

• Hook 'Em 1

So I am going to be about 40 miles from St. Andrews Thursday through Monday of next week. I have never been to St. Andrews. I won't be able to get a ticket, but is there any place near the Old Course where I could hang out and maybe catch a glimpse of some golf. 

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Don't know how Greller puts up with Jordan... 

Let's not get carried away... Jordan made Greller, not the other way around. The only reason we hold Greller in such high esteem is because Jordan raves about him which to me is just a testament of Jordan's character, not Greller's abilities as a caddy.

I really doubt there is a huge list of top pros out there that want Greller on the bag. His biggest plus is the ability to ignore his player's commentary. Basically, Hatton may be interested. But that's about it. 

35 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

His putting really is a problem. 

Spieth has no consistency putting right now.  Tends to overthink/over-read a lot more putts right now.

If he can get back to lag putting better, he will easily gain 3+ strokes/round...

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Spieth has no consistency putting right now.  Tends to overthink/over-read a lot more putts right now.

If he can get back to lag putting better, he will easily gain 3+ strokes/tournament

messed up...   Fixed

18th hole is a good chance for Spieth to set up his chances to compete tomorrow.

Tough hole to par... if he does, Spieth will shoot -4 today and be in a great spot for the 4th Rd.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Spieth with 4 pars thru first 4 holes... just not making birdie putts.

Missed 20ft birdie putt #2, an easy 4ft birdie putt on #3, and just inside 15ft birdie putt on #4.

he should putt with his wedge...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Spieth birdies #7 💥   now -5  (3 back)

Schauffele bogey     -8

Guess we lost Xander's escape from the bunker in the switchover.  He looks to be dropping another shot, gonna get interesting!

Cantlay and Fleetwood are featured group on ESPN+ --  good pair to watch.

Cantlay        -5   (14)

Fleetwood   -4    (14)

Schauffele keeps missing left off the tee

Ghim finished -1  (good tournament for him)

Edited by LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Only 2 back, and 6 holes to play.  Maybe Jordan still has some magic left today...

He's done crazier things "across the pond" 😋

yeah, I was calling it early because he's just all over the place with everything. driver, iron, wedges, etc. 

but no one else is doing anything either.