2021-22 PGA thread

Wally Fairway

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Looks like Doug Ghim will be in the final group (threesomes) tomorrow at the 3M PGA Tournament -- shot a 65 today !!!

Ghim (-12) currently tied in 3rd place, 7 shots back thru 8 holes.  Sure hope Doug can earn at least a 2nd place finish today.  TV coverage is currently on CBS...

58 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Ghim (-12) currently tied in 3rd place, 7 shots back thru 8 holes.  Sure hope Doug can earn at least a 2nd place finish today.  TV coverage is currently on CBS...

Damn, bogeys Par 5  #12.  Doug's gonna have to fight back to end up in the Top 5.  (Really important for Doug -- needs the FedEx points)

Ghim (-11) and now in 7th place

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Tuned in just in time to see dipshit Piercy implode. Perfect. 

Damn,  Ghim going backwards too... Come on, at least earn a Top 10 Doug  🙄

Finau is finishing strong !!! 💥

Edited by LTtxfan

Four shot lead -- Driver on #18 for Tony goes into water on the right.

Ghim currently +4 thru 16 holes...

Doug is currently -9  (T10) 

Piercy hits tee shot in water on #17.  Feel sorry for this dude -- trying to hang on to make FedExCup playoff...

Edited by LTtxfan

Why is Piercy a dipshit?  Honest question. His back nine looks like some of my 6-hole stretches where I inexplicably forget how to make solid contact with the ball. 

If Piercy had just managed one of his blowup holes, Finau would’ve let him back in. I don’t get Tony. Great demeanor, great talent, only 2 wins and a ton of runner ups. His finish on 17 and 18 has been both atrocious and lucky as shit. 

10 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Why is Piercy a dipshit?  Honest question. His back nine looks like some of my 6-hole stretches where I inexplicably forget how to make solid contact with the ball. 

If Piercy had just managed one of his blowup holes, Finau would’ve let him back in. I don’t get Tony. Great demeanor, great talent, only 2 wins and a ton of runner ups. His finish on 17 and 18 has been both atrocious and lucky as shit. 

Here’s a hint:

No LPGA thread but Sophia Shubert(hook em) had a great last day in the ladies major, finishing solo second. Barely missed birdie on the last that would have forced a playoff. Shes very rude.

9e97c681ccbb2d3e8e9f334fe6eea05f.jpg
You aren’t wrong.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ferk... Lost a ton of money today

Ghim -- Double bogeys #18

Ends up T16 and -7

Piercy lost over $1mill dropping to T4... OUCH

Ghim lost almost $100k on hole #18 dropping from T10 to T16

• WIN. $1,350,000, 17 under: Tony Finau
  • T2: $667,500, 14 under: Sungjae Im, Emiliano Grillo
  • T4. $315,625, 13 under: Matt Hahn, Tom Hoge, Scott Piercy
  • T7, $235,625, 10 under: Danny Willett, Callum Tarren, Greyson Sigg
  • 10. $204,375, 9 under: Chesson Hadley
  • T11. $160,875, 8 under: Kelly Kraft, Peter Malnati, Robert Streb, J.T. Poston, Andrew Putnam
  • T16. $103,312.50, 7 under: Cameron Champ, Hank Lebioda, Cam Davis, Scott Brown, Michael Gligic, Adam Long, Lee Hodges, Doug Ghim

On 7/25/2022 at 8:54 PM, Hate said:

Yeah, she’s a beautiful smart woman that is good at golf. What’s better than that?

1de78820fbad0543ed5e9e775a0f3c09.jpg

The only thing worse than a woman (not named Spiranac) is the ass hole who brought her there. Two in a row Ton. 

49 minutes ago, Hate said:

I have to say that I do not like the PGA being in May.  I miss there being another major.  I won't watch another golf tournament that I genuinely care about again until next April. That sucks.

Ryder cup years are less of a big deal bc you have that as a mid fall must see but yeah, it’s a long wait. 

58 minutes ago, Hate said:

I have to say that I do not like the PGA being in May.  I miss there being another major.  I won't watch another golf tournament that I genuinely care about again until next April. That sucks.

Agreed. It's dumb. 

On 7/25/2022 at 8:54 PM, Hate said:

Yeah, she’s a beautiful smart woman that is good at golf. What’s better than that?

1de78820fbad0543ed5e9e775a0f3c09.jpgshe

As beautiful as she is, she would have been just another brick in the wall at the Tension driving range this afternoon. I have no idea what was going on there today, but my goodness what a collection of talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Hate said:

I wonder what they will do with the rotation when they go back to a jan-nov schedule vice the wrap-around?

Looking up Donald's career achievements, I was more than a bit surprised to see he was a former world #1 golfer (2011) and led the PGA tour money list that year. Sure, I remember the guy's name and that he had a pretty good run, but not THAT good of a run. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:11 PM, Hate said:

If they made the FedEx Cup playoffs more interesting it could fill the gap.

37 minutes ago, htown85 said:

If they made the FedEx Cup playoffs more interesting it could fill the gap.

Yeah, I just don't know how they do that?  I don't care about the prize money these guys get.  I don't ever watch a tournament based on total purse.  I watch them based on the prestige of the tournament and the strength of the field (and leaderboard).  To me, there is nothing prestigious about winning the Fedex Cup.  It's a contrived way of trying to keep the general public interested in golf after the majors. 

I completely get that, but I don't give a rat's ass how much cash the player wins much as I don't give a rat's ass how much money Jerry Jones makes (or the Cowboys are worth).  I only care if the player I am cheering for wins. 

In some ways the Wyndham Championship is the most exciting event of the year. The kid from near my hometown was really not even on the bubble, starting the week at 127 on the FedEx list, but he opened up with a 67 and is T5 after the first round. And now he has played himself solidly into the bubble, he needs to finish right around 5th to make it into next weeks event. 
There are several guys who need a good week to keep their card for next year, and this is the last opportunity.
Also I'm keeping an eye on Joohyung Kim, who is playing to try to earn a card for next year, he has no status right now. He played well overseas, and I think he is playing on sponsors exemptions which he as parlayed, with a couple of top 10's, into more events. Yesterday he opened his round with a quad 8 on the first hole and still shot -3 for the day. 

I like these last two weeks. The supers are mostly taking some time before the playoffs, and that leaves open a lot of leaderboard and points for a fight into the playoffs, card for next season, etc. A lot on the line for some guys. 

And then there’s Willie Z that about missed the cut and is making an impressive comeback. 

Lots of great golf this weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 1