Dallas Stars 2021-2022 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

They stayed on that camera shot behind the old dude's head entirely too long. 

it is insane Bally Sports can get a proper angle and ESPN can't. The guy should just go fully bald though imo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, markstanco said:

Ha, my personal want/goal was 1 point against Vasi before the game started.

Great game. We skated really well and should have won 3-0. Loving the wedge pickup. He seems like he is loving the new scene.

yeah, I think I said it up thread, but he's just been on shit teams. I think he was waiting to get dealt to a contender and is shining in his new home. also, from I see and read the team makes it really welcoming for new players. keep it, continue, boys

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So with Vegas only getting 1 point against Vancouver last night, it makes it awfully tough for them to pass the Stars.  If Dallas just gets 10 points out of its last 9 games (something they should be able to do against this remaining schedule, which has 6 of the 9 at home), then Vegas would have to go 6-1-1 the rest of the way to tie Dallas.

That game in Dallas on the 26th is looking pretty big.  But in all honesty, Vegas might have a better chance at this point of passing the Kings for the 3 spot in the Pacific.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So with Vegas only getting 1 point against Vancouver last night, it makes it awfully tough for them to pass the Stars.  If Dallas just gets 10 points out of its last 9 games (something they should be able to do against this remaining schedule, which has 6 of the 9 at home), then Vegas would have to go 6-1-1 the rest of the way to tie Dallas.

That game in Dallas on the 26th is looking pretty big.  But in all honesty, Vegas might have a better chance at this point of passing the Kings for the 3 spot in the Pacific.

what's even more nuts is that nobody is losing. look at the top 8 teams plus those still in the hunt. literally no one with worse than a .500 record. The top 10 teams in the west have gone 64-23-13 in the last 10 games, or 6-2-1 as an approximate average. Makes it hard for anyone to move.

i think you're right though, LL, VGK's best shot might be in supplanting LA. it would be quite the story if they don't make it this season - what with all the cap fuckery they have been doing the last few season. aka the TBL 'trick"