Texas opens as a 6 point favorite v Oklahoma State

TexasMan

39 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Would they rather have a bedlam rematch the very next week?  THATS shitty

Long way out, but if okie lite, blOU, and TEXAS all end up 8-1 in the B12, the championship game will be a bedlam rematch due to tiebreaker rules... 

16 hours ago, Atticus said:

I'm generally confident in the way this team performs when they can communicate. Road environments make it much harder for guys to get on the same page and we get those pre-snap penalties on offense.

I'm hoping the defense gets dragged all week and comes out looking to prove something as well. We can stop the run enough to limit consistent success, we just need to get Sanders throwing the ball because he will throw it to us. 

Rattler and Williams threw it to us, but Foster and Dunn just had a hard time finding Williams' arm punts.

They may look to prove something, but I don't think they have the ability to actually do it.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

OU: We are leaving for the SEC because we are pissed at these 11am games!

Big 12/Fox/ESPN: Okay, our bad, we'll just give them to Texas. 

No, we're leaving for the SEC for a rumored $20-30MM+ annually in TV money.

More "helmet games" is another value-added bonus. As is ESPN/SEC media hype.

Just now, DFW Horn said:

No, we're leaving for the SEC for a rumored $20-30MM+ annually in TV money.

More "helmet games" is another value-added bonus. As is ESPN/SEC media hype.

It was a joke.  But OU did apparently bitch about 11am games and so far, they've only had 2.  Texas has had 3 in a row, another this week and already has November 26 (KSU) at 11am. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

It was a joke.  But OU did apparently bitch about 11am games and so far, they've only had 2.  Texas has had 3 in a row, another this week and already has November 26 (KSU) at 11am. 

It's tough to read sarcasm in print. Yeah, I've read OU has been bitching for years about 11 AM games and Bowlsby's response was, "You agreed to the Big 12 contract".

Okies tried to sell an OU/OSU package, but nobody was buying. Our new leadership finally decided it's time to move on.

Just now, dingleberryswitzer said:

They would go by the national rankings at that point?  Or overall record?

Any scenario that involves Mike "2-14" Gundy beating OU to force a 3 way tie ain't happening. 

But here are the tiebreakers:

1.    The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against each other in a “mini round-robin” format.
     2.    The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against the remaining team(s) in the Conference
            standings from top to bottom.
            a. When comparing against the remaining teams in the Conference standings any two-way ties will be broken by head-to-head
            competition before the comparison begins.
            b. If more than a two-way tie exists amongst the remaining teams in the Conference standings, the record against the collective
                tied teams as a group will be used.
     3.    Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and points
             allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration.
     4.    Draw (In the event steps 1-3 cannot break a multi-team tie the prevailing team or teams will be determined by draw at the
            Conference office). 
             In the event tiebreaking procedures are unsuccessful and a draw is necessary in determining any portion of seeding,
             the following procedures will be used:
            a. The draw will be conducted in public or with media attendance.
            b. Institutions involved in the drawing have the right to have a local representative in attendance at the drawing.
            c. A single slip of paper for each institution (with name or logo) will be placed in a container and will be drawn in order
            of seeding from highest to lowest.

On 10/10/2021 at 2:13 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Dang I was wondering why a barely or not ranked TX would be favored over a  #12 okst.  But then I saw that okst hasn’t played anyone worth a shit. 

Baylor is 5-1 and has beaten Iowa State.

Boise State just won at BYU last weekend.

I mean, I'm not saying either of these teams are like top 10 teams, but they are both "worth a shit."

• Hook 'Em 1

Spencer Sanders just isn't any good. I'd take the under and think UT wins by 7-10. Our defense is really good but I think they'll get worn out because Sanders will turn it over 2-3 times at least. The only way we pull out a win is if the defense gets a score or 2 IMO. 

40 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Spencer Sanders just isn't any good. I'd take the under and think UT wins by 7-10. Our defense is really good but I think they'll get worn out because Sanders will turn it over 2-3 times at least. The only way we pull out a win is if the defense gets a score or 2 IMO. 

I'm not sure I'd go that far.  He's not an elite college QB by any stretch, but he's better than "not any good."

He's not been able to establish consistency because of a combination of things (COVID completely disrupting his most important development season) and injuries.

Then I'm not giving him any grief for the Boise game this year when he was asked to go out there with Brennan Presley and 4 guys from an intramural squad.

Once he got some receivers back, he played great against K-State, then uneven but mostly OK against Baylor. Yes he had 3 picks and 2 were bad. The third was 100% not his fault as he literally hit Owens in the hands on a slant, Owens missed it and it bounced off his helmet into the air and was picked off.

Some of his INT problems this year is that Kasey Dunn continually put him in shitty situations... e.g. being stupidly predictable going "run-run; oh now it's 3rd and long I guess we can pass now!"

I certainly wouldn't pick us to win the game... we are a TD dog on the road, afterall. But the defense should be able to keep us in the game and if Sanders plays clean, we'll have a chance. 

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Not between 2010 and 2018... 5 straight okie lite wins at DKR

Yes - but that overlays their best stretch of football ever on top of our worst. And one of those wins was complete horseshit. Also 3 of their wins were by 3 points each. 

The 2018 win in Stillwater I believe Herman sat out our 2 best corners for the first half or first quarter or some such and Okie Lite scored 31 of their 38 in the first half en route to a 3 pt win.

And we're sitting on a 2 game win streak. 

Historically they just don't hate us or play us especially tough. Including their 2 meltdowns after being up big to Vince and the one where JC tore them a new asshole sort of reinforces that. 

Not saying I'm SUPER confident about Saturday just offering more potential explanations for the line being what it is. 

Edited by ztejas

21 hours ago, Sandman said:

QBs who "aren't any good" always seem to drop 50 yard dimes on the fingertips of receivers and run for 900 yards against us.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They did hold us to a 4 point win in Austin with our #1 team in 2009.  

2008*. That was a good okie lite team, too. As was the next year's team that got mudholed in Stillwater.

Either way - I'd take a 4 pt win and run with it in this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes - but that overlays their best stretch of football ever on top of our worst. And one of those wins was complete horseshit. Also 3 of their wins were by 3 points each. 

The 2018 win in Stillwater I believe Herman sat out our 2 best corners for the first half or first quarter or some such and Okie Lite scored 31 of their 38 in the first half en route to a 3 pt win.

And we're sitting on a 2 game win streak. 

Historically they just don't hate us or play us especially tough. Including their 2 meltdowns after being up big to Vince and the one where JC tore them a new asshole sort of reinforces that. 

Not saying I'm SUPER confident about Saturday just offering more potential explanations for the line being what it is. 

The team that played VY was not a good team. We had no business taking that lead and it caught up. The team that played JC was not a good defense, we were fortunate to have put up points, but as painful as it was to watch, we really should not have been all that surprised to see him finally go off.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

2008*. That was a good okie lite team, too. As was the next year's team that got mudholed in Stillwater.

Either way - I'd take a 4 pt win and run with it in this one.

My bad.

But yes, I would take a 4 point win on Saturday.  I'd rather mudhole them, but a win is a win. 

21 hours ago, Sandman said:

Oh yeah??  Just wait til he faces this Texas D.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sandman said:

yeah but the real question is how is the QB2...?

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah but the real question is how is the QB2...?

at this point you have to wonder if shitty tackling is actually strategy.  Get'em down, but not too rough because you know any backup qb or running back is going to kick start their heisman campaign if they have to come in against us.  

On 10/11/2021 at 2:54 PM, Sandman said:

Do you have any RBs that haven't broken 100 yards rushing this season that may be capable of gashing us for 200?

OKLAHOMA STATE -4.5 AT TEXAS

10648090.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off

Hummer: Texas +4.5; This game comes down to two things: Can Oklahoma State’s defense (14th nationally in yards per play) hold up against what is far and away the most explosive offense they’ve seen this year. Conversely, can Spencer Sanders play turnover free? If so, the Cowboys are good enough to pull the upset, especially if their defensive front can attack the Texas o-line. The last four of these games have been decided by a possession or less. That trend continues in a close Texas win. … Texas 34, Oklahoma State 31.

Crawford: Oklahoma State -4.5; Oklahoma State has a better defense and surprisingly, the better team this season. But this starts the meat of the schedule for Mike Gundy's group and I'm not sure how much longer they can stay among the ranks of the unbeatens. This is another toss-up selection for me given the Longhorns playing at home with some confidence on offense after last week. It's hard to pick against Bijan Robinson, Xavier Worthy and that offense, but I'm doing it. ... Oklahoma State 35, Texas 30.