SkyNet is here. AI drone attacks human targets without human input.

Sbbruin

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

with how f'ed up the world is, with how everyone is looking for reasons to hate each other, I'm Team Skynet.

we deserve what's coming for us. we're trying we can to kill ourselves anyway. might as well accelerate the plan and have machines autonomously do it for us.

Yeah but they can't do that to our humans, only we can do that to our humans.

• Haha 1

Not quite "autonomous" as it seems more that it was just a hovering, somewhat interactive "sky-mine" that attacked anyone that entered it's zone or AOE.

Begs the larger question that I hear from time to time on the future of AI.  Will it be more akin to skynet or the Matrix that views humanity as a infestation, or closer to Star Wars C3PO/R2D2 that has awareness, but serves humanity as a secondary support system; performing vastly complex functions in fractions of the time (languages, navigation, etc)

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Not quite "autonomous" as it seems more that it was just a hovering, somewhat interactive "sky-mine" that attacked anyone that entered it's zone or AOE.

Begs the larger question that I hear from time to time on the future of AI.  Will it be more akin to skynet or the Matrix that views humanity as a infestation, or closer to Star Wars C3PO/R2D2 that has awareness, but serves humanity as a secondary support system; performing vastly complex functions in fractions of the time (languages, navigation, etc)

I'm envisioning a more Star Trek version of AI with lots of Trudi's, Macy's, Barbaras, and one Norman who take control of everyone, and eventually off 'em all.

Well good to see the Taliban had no trouble updating the software left behind on our drone assets.  

This is way beyond what we did at my coding camp for first-time Muslim Hackers.  

Edited by Lobo

19 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

tons of sci-fi movies and literature have pondered this exact question. at the core is how flawed humans are. if we create something that thinks empirically and in binary, and it becomes self aware, are we fucked? 

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

tons of sci-fi movies and literature have pondered this exact question. at the core is how flawed humans are. if we create something that thinks empirically and in binary, and it becomes self aware, are we fucked? 

Yes, in a NY minute.  It would simply look at our 24 hour news cycle, and determine that humans were bad for the Earth.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And one very hot O'hura.

SIDE NOTE.  Saw her about 3 years ago in an airport restaurant. She's obviously a much older women now, but she was still absolutely beautiful for her age great bone structure.

did you show her the structure of your bone?