Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I hope they do say bring it.  Because discovery will be some must see shit.  Would love to see the internal emails and texts about KR and this incident from Joy Behar, Whoopi, Joe Scarborough, Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, Van Jones, Jamele Hill, Joy Reid, Tariq Nasheed, and many more. Plus the corporate reps of all their employers. 

Sure that would be fun.  But even if their internal comments about a highly-charged public matter might approach the level of malice, that's going to be ridiculously expensive.  Maybe Ricky Shroder forked over enough dough to keep this kid from prison for a murder conviction, but I'd be surprised if he or others put up the considerably higher sum to pursue a defamation claim.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It really won't be relevant to all the people who called him a white supremacist before that pic was released.

It is not relevant to those who labeled him a domestic terrorist.

It is not relevant to those who labeled him a murderer.

He is going to sue the shit out of the media when this is over.  And very likely some politicians.  He will get them to produce all their emails and texts about him.  Unless they want to settle quick.  I do not think most of these people or entities want the public getting a peek behind the curtains at their internal communications about this incident.  I hope he refuses an early settlement and exposes these bastards for the vile creatures they are.  And sue them in a friendly forum.

Your imagination of what goes on in newsrooms is hilarious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It really won't be relevant to all the people who called him a white supremacist before that pic was released.

It is not relevant to those who labeled him a domestic terrorist.

It is not relevant to those who labeled him a murderer.

He is going to sue the shit out of the media when this is over.  And very likely some politicians.  He will get them to produce all their emails and texts about him.  Unless they want to settle quick.  I do not think most of these people or entities want the public getting a peek behind the curtains at their internal communications about this incident.  I hope he refuses an early settlement and exposes these bastards for the vile creatures they are.  And sue them in a friendly forum.

So KR's defense is going to be that they couldn't have possibly known he was actually a white supremacist before the pictures in the bar happened, but should be held accountable for assuming that much before it could be proven with pictures?  That sounds like a solid case to you? 

And I don't think you know how discovery works. You don't get to say "Company X maligned me, I want all their emails and texts from the last 2 years to prove it."  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

So KR's defense is going to be that they couldn't have possibly known he was actually a white supremacist before the pictures in the bar happened, but should be held accountable for assuming that much before it could be proven with pictures?  That sounds like a solid case to you? 

And I don't think you know how discovery works. You don't get to say "Company X maligned me, I want all their emails and texts from the last 2 years to prove it."  

Well he killed three people he would consider supreme.  So maybe they should charge him with hypocrisy

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bravo said:

True but Nick Sandmann did the same a few yrs back and got some $ out of CNN and an apology. Regardless, can even the most left leaning person not see the bias here? These is CBS not MSNBC, CNN or Fox. The media is completely slanted.

No they didn’t apologize to him. That’s just dumb.

Sandman wanted to keep it confidential as shown by the fact that they waited until he was 18 years old to finalize it and would not need court approval. It was a nuisance level settlement in all likelihood since his case sucked. 

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Sure that would be fun.  But even if their internal comments about a highly-charged public matter might approach the level of malice, that's going to be ridiculously expensive.  Maybe Ricky Shroder forked over enough dough to keep this kid from prison for a murder conviction, but I'd be surprised if he or others put up the considerably higher sum to pursue a defamation claim.

There will be plenty of very good lawyers chomping at the bit to take this case on contingency.

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

We will see, because those lawsuits are coming.  He has nothing to lose in discovery as the media's slander has already ruined his reputation.  The media networks have a lot more to lose as do their reporters who made or published the defamatory statements.

I am quite certain he can find plenty of favorable forums to bring his lawsuit.

You should represent him on contingency.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I do discovery every day.  The requests can be simple rifle shots.  Any communications sent or received by [insert name of reporter who made the alleged defamatory statement) since August 2020 concerning Kyle Rittenhouse, the Kenosha riots, or the Kenosha shootings.

That's pretty much all you need.

I agree you don't get all of CNN's emails or texts.  You do get all communications sent or received by the person you alleged defamed about the incident in question.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Sandman wanted to keep it confidential as shown by the fact that they waited until he was 18 years old to finalize it and would not need court approval. It was a nuisance level settlement in all likelihood since his case sucked. 

Yep. There is no public knowledge on the settlement amount and most believe he received less than 50k.  What gets headlines is that he filed for 250M, and therefore they want to think the negotiations started at 250M and went down. In what world would negotiations follow that logic?  Sandman should be happy that he got 50K. Decent money.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I forget, what's the totally believable explanation about that chick?

here is summary from the Alt-Right Blog  called Vox

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/5/17821946/white-power-hand-signal-brett-kavanaugh-confirmation-hearing-zina-bash-4chan

And the Proud Boys Rag Time

https://time.com/5386860/zina-gelman-bash-white-power-symbol/

Oh, yeah she is prime material for white nationalism.  Her grandparents are Holocaust survivors.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I do discovery every day.  The requests can be simple rifle shots.  Any communications sent or received by [insert name of reporter who made the alleged defamatory statement) since August 2020 concerning Kyle Rittenhouse, the Kenosha riots, or the Kenosha shootings.

I agree you don't get all of CNN's emails or texts.  You do get all communications sent or received by the person you alleged defamed about the incident in question.

It wouldn’t survive a motion to dismiss so no discovery. 

He might be able to get a nuisance settlement like the sandmann did and his lawyers get to be on the news a bit. 

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

here is summary from the Alt-Right Blog  called Vox

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/5/17821946/white-power-hand-signal-brett-kavanaugh-confirmation-hearing-zina-bash-4chan

And the Proud Boys Rag Time

https://time.com/5386860/zina-gelman-bash-white-power-symbol/

Oh, yeah she is prime material for white nationalism.  Her grandparents are Holocaust survivors.

You do understand that the whole idea of misappropriating the OK symbol was to give plausible deniability to those using it to show solidarity with white nationalists, right?

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not until he's actually found not guilty, and even then the plaintiff would have to prove actual malice.

There would actually be an argument that since he did kill them, he's have a really hard case proving defamation. 

He might have a case AFTER the trial IF he is found innocent AND the statements would seem to try to show that he was actually convicted. 

Find: murderer

Replace:  Cold blooded asshole killer.

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That is not accurate.  He filed suit on 2/19/19 against WaPo, CNN, ABC, CBS, USA Today owner Gannett, The New York Times and Rolling Stone. He settled against CNN before he turned 18.  And WaPo on his 18th birthday.

And have you ever done a minor settlement conference?  I have done plenty in plaintiff PI cases. Any decent sized one I have ever done the settlement amount is confidential -- the judge just reviews the amounts in camera and the ad litem attorneys are bound ethically to keep the amount confidential.  And it's always the defendant who wants it confidential and puts in onerous terms to keep it so.  The plaintiff lawyer would rather it not be confidential as it really is just a condition that burdens the plaintiff and the plaintiff lawyer would like to advertise the result. The settlement agreement then is redacted so the public does not see the amount.

I strongly suspect it was WaPo who insisted on confidentiality.  If he blabs about the amount, they can sue to disgorge it.  They probably refused to settle until he hit 18 believing the court would not agree to a disgorgement provision for a minor for a breach of confidentiality.  Because I have seen judges refuse that in a minor settlement.  They also make us as a plaintiff cut our fees.

Edited by Johnny Sack

6 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You do understand that the whole idea of misappropriating the OK symbol was to give plausible deniability to those using it to show solidarity with white nationalists, right?

It's just like this "Let's go Brandon" shit.  Everyone has fully acknowledged what it stands for on their end, but if they ever need deniability they'll find some grainy footage of a Mom cheering on her son named Brandon at a Little League game and say "hmmmmm .... I guess she hates Joe Biden too!!!!"

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That is not accurate.  He filed suit on 2/19/19 against WaPo, CNN, ABC, CBS, USA Today owner Gannett, The New York Times and Rolling Stone. He settled against CNN before he turned 18.  And WaPo on his 18th birthday.

And have you ever done a minor settlement conference?  I have done plenty in plaintiff PI cases. Any decent sized one I have ever done the settlement amount is confidential -- the judge just reviews the amounts in camera and the ad litem attorneys are bound ethically to keep the amount confidential.  And it's always the defendant who wants it confidential and puts in onerous terms to keep it so.  The plaintiff lawyer would rather it not be confidential as it really is just a condition that burdens the plaintiff and the plaintiff lawyer would like to advertise the result. The settlement agreement then is redacted so the public does not see the amount.

I strongly suspect it was WaPo who insisted on confidentiality.  If he blabs about the amount, they can sue to disgorge it.  They probably refused to settle until he hit 18 believing the court would not agree to a disgorgement provision for a minor for a breach of confidentiality.  Because I have seen judges refuse that in a minor settlement.  They also make us as a plaintiff cut our fees.

Can you post a link to the media's apologies that you are claiming they made to Sandman? Can't seem to find any. 

How more of these mo'fo rioters didn't get killed when actual Capitol Police officer's lives were threatened, I'll never know.  And they are authorized to use force when necessary.  Pretty sure everybody on this board agrees, right?  

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/capitol-riot-weapons-charges

Edited by Mdhorn

43 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

What exactly do you think is going to be so juicy in texts and emails that include Kyle Rittenhouse by name?  Do you think there is an email where the head of CNN is going to say, "Make that Kyle Rittenhouse guy into a murderer, I don't care if he's a boy scout medic who volunteers at the soup kitchen on Saturdays!!! It's extremely important to our plans to steal the 2020 election! Mwhahahahha!!!"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

What exactly do you think is going to be so juicy in texts and emails that include Kyle Rittenhouse by name?  Do you think there is an email where the head of CNN is going to say, "Make that Kyle Rittenhouse guy into a murderer, I don't care if he's a boy scout medic who volunteers at the soup kitchen on Saturdays!!! It's extremely important to our plans to steal the 2020 election! Mwhahahahha!!!"

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that he thinks every newsroom operates just like Project Veritas and Breitbart do.

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I'm pretty sure CNN got its IT staff to permanently delete the "Hey, let's maliciously defame Kyle Rittenhouse" emails.  I mean, if they're smart and all.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Zimmerman initiated the confrontation with Martin, Martin beat his ass and Zimmerman shot him. Is there evidence that KR initiated the contact with any of the people he shot? If there is that would definitely hurt his self defense claim

There is no evidence KR went to the BLM protest to render aid with an AR15. But that’s what he told the Court.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

There is no evidence KR went to the BLM protest to render aid with an AR15. But that’s what he told the Court.

Besides the testimony of others that he DID render aid to people.  

And the video of him walking around looking for people who need medical help.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

There's also evidence he did render aid there.  Testimony of eyewitnesses.  Video where he is heard asking people if they need medical assistance.  That is evidence of why he went there -- what he did.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

Technically, that's evidence.  It's uncorroborated, but his statement about his purpose there is evidence.

Gotcha. Thanks. There is no corroborated evidence KR went to the BLM protest to render aid with an AR15. But that’s what he told the Court.

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

There's evidence that he rendered aid to people and there's also evidence that he pointed his gun at someone earlier in the evening unprovoked. 

And there is also clear evidence that he knew Rosenbaum was unarmed, shot him anyway, and immediately told others that Rosenbaum had a gun when he knew that not to be the case. So why was he lying to them? If I was a juror I would consider that an important detail that goes to his state of mind in that moment that he fucked up and needed a cover story. This is not self-defense imo but homicide.