Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Can we take 10 OL in 2021? OL is so stacked this cycle.

Uncles, trainers and mom allegiances are only beginning for '21. People are confirming Foster's mom stopped him from joining his friends in our class. DISD will be a toss up with Samples leaving. Love this staff not taking anyone or anything for granted.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

With the way this 2021 class is going, a final composite average of over 94 doesn’t sound too far-fetched.

If you look at our targets and who we look good for right now, the only composites under 94 is J. Brockermeyer, Jordon Thomas, and Campbell.  Others who may or may not be takes right now are Shemar Turner and Bijan's OL teammate.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of these guys rankings will change ( I think Thomas and Brockermeyer will definitely be rated higher than what they are now ) but yeah, this class could have an insane composite average.

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This class is gonna be filthy. Hopefully Wheaton comes around, or someone with far more knowledge on hs football can tell me more about Campbell and Johnson 

Johnson is more of a 15-20 carry workhouse type runner with 4.42 forty speed ( Opening result ).

Campbell is is kinda' an APB back type.  He's got some impressive camp numbers, especially a 4.07 shuttle.

Campbell seems to want to be at Texas, but the staff may see what happens with Johnson and Wheaton before taking a commitment.

• Like 1

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Johnson is more of a 15-20 carry workhouse type runner with 4.42 forty speed ( Opening result ).

Campbell is is kinda' an APB back type.  He's got some impressive camp numbers, especially a 4.07 shuttle.

Campbell seems to want to be at Texas, but the staff may see what happens with Johnson and Wheaton before taking a commitment.

Appreciate it. I remember a few posters (you or CTJ, Sydney maybe) saying the same thing about Campbell maybe/maybe not being an initial take. I don't know what kind of defenses he's facing, but looking up stats he seems good. What am I missing?

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Nahlin keeps hinting that he thinks the staff could get Johnson to shut it down this coming weekend if they want. 

33 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I have no idea what scholly numbers will look like but I am all for taking 3 backs with our current depth situation even taking 2 backs this cycle and getting Brown back. Attrition level is too high

Edited by RGBIII

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I have no idea what scholly numbers will look like but I am all for taking 3 backs with our current depth situation even taking 2 backs this cycle and getting Brown back. Attrition level is too high

This is the prudent thing to do, except no clue if can convince all three to come aboard.