Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

My guess is he’s attending to give L. Jackson the K. Vincent treatment.   Hopefully Herman has learned his lesson.  

It would be nice if there were sufficient resources to bring these possible spies in for activities like photography in uniform in front of the green screen before bringing them into the stadium. Make them feign some interest and then have chaperones of some kind around to put the kibosh on any negative recruiting against the home team.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:59 AM, Horny Bull said:

Sanders is now the highest ranked player in the 2021 Texas class, according to 247Sports Composite. His No. 43 national ranking is almost 30 spots higher than Jalen Milroe, who was previously the top ranked player in the class.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Jatavion-Sanders-46058800/

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

There was no further context. Nahlin posted that without prompting.

Roach said the same this morning and Sam Spiegelman changed his Rivals pick from aggy to Texas when he went by Jackson's school this past week, so definitely seems like some smoke with Texas and Jackson.

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach said the same this morning and Sam Spiegelman changed his Rivals pick from aggy to Texas when he went by Jackson's school this past week, so definitely seems like some smoke with Texas and Jackson.

Jackson was with Milroe & Conner before, during and after the game. Looked to have a great time and was walking around talking to guys like he was already in the class chat.

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 2

From TLFoss
Per Rivals, this weekend's visit for the LSU game had a "monster impact" on five-star 2021 RB Camar Wheaton of Garland Lakview Centennial.

He was definitely concerned when Coach Samples departed for SMU, but Texas did a great job of smoothing over any concerns he had.

He wants to make an early decision.

I want to believe that so badly
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Also Texas/OU happens to fall on the weekend they host Bama, should be an interesting guest list on each side of that one also. 

So a ? for those that follow this closer than I do. Does Jimbo basically running out clock and not making an effort to win, have much affect on the 21 guys?

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From TLFoss

Per Rivals, this weekend's visit for the LSU game had a "monster impact" on five-star 2021 RB Camar Wheaton of Garland Lakview Centennial.

He was definitely concerned when Coach Samples departed for SMU, but Texas did a great job of smoothing over any concerns he had.

From EJ. I forgot he was with Rivals 

6 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

So a ? for those that follow this closer than I do. Does Jimbo basically running out clock and not making an effort to win, have much affect on the 21 guys?

Probably for everybody except the Jiffy Pop WR Chef who is sitting out this football season and one red ass aggy OL mom.  

23 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From TLFoss

Spoiler

Hope all is well, everyone. Just wanted to pass along that I spoke to a source close to Camar Wheaton that told me Texas made a monster impact on his visit this weekend. There were some questions from his camp after the Samples departure, but I’m told Texas checked the boxes this weekend. Wheaton still likes OOS programs like Bama and Michigan but I feel good about where UT stands. He is aiming to make an early decision

• Like 3