Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

A 6'0, 233lb ILB with a 5.18 40 and a 4.5 shuttle? What are we doing here? He doesn't even project well to another position. 

This isn't the LSU game where we were hitting our limit of visitors. If a recruit with a pulse (even if it's just to vet them for a PWO) wants to come, no sense in pissing them and their coach off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any reason Quay Davis is going to the aggy game this weekend?  Free ride with friends?

It's a top 20 matchup in the state of Texas. It''s gonna be a pretty solid event.

It's not a good look, but as long as he told the coaches, I don't see a real problem with it.

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any reason Quay Davis is going to the aggy game this weekend?  Free ride with friends?

Wasn’t there some smoke with him late in summer that made people think he’s not as solid as they thought?  Seem to remember something about him popping up. 

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

Wasn’t there some smoke with him late in summer that made people think he’s not as solid as they thought?  Seem to remember something about him popping up. 

So, like, here's the thing.  There was this guy, and his name was, like, Coach Samples.  And then he, basically, like, didn't coach at UT anymore and pretty much coached in Dallas, and everyone was like Oh Noes.  So, like, that's what you're thinking of, and also like fuck you.

We've got Devin Duvernay leading the country in receptions.  We've got Brennan Eagles who now has 3 TDs in 3 games.  We have Collin who is as badass of a possession WR that we have proven we know how to use.  We also find ways to get talented freshman in the game regardless of experience like Jake Smith. 

On the other hand, you have aggy who doesn't know how to use their 6'6 WR and doesn't know how to get the ball to their most talented player in Ausbon.  Their QBs suck and their OL cannot give Mond 2 seconds to throw.  

There's a reason Troy Slo'mere is trying to reach out to Texas and I'm happy we don't have a spot for him.  If you're a WR, kiss any hopes of being developed or seeing touches in that offense goodbye.  That offense is friendly for a good running back and a good TE.  Other than that, you've got fat slow guards, a QB that can't throw, and WRs that are useless in a slow outdated offense no one runs anymore.  

In short, this visit will only reinforce to Quay that he made the right choice.  Gonna be fun watching Auburn's DL fuck aggy up.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

So, like, here's the thing.  There was this guy, and his name was, like, Coach Samples.  And then he, basically, like, didn't coach at UT anymore and pretty much coached in Dallas, and everyone was like Oh Noes.  So, like, that's what you're thinking of, and also like fuck you.

Nope, not ringing a bell. 

22 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We've got Devin Duvernay leading the country in receptions.  We've got Brennan Eagles who now has 3 TDs in 3 games.  We have Collin who is as badass of a possession WR that we have proven we know how to use.  We also find ways to get talented freshman in the game regardless of experience like Jake Smith. 

On the other hand, you have aggy who doesn't know how to use their 6'6 WR and doesn't know how to get the ball to their most talented player in Ausbon.  Their QBs suck and their OL cannot give Mond 2 seconds to throw.  

There's a reason Troy Slo'mere is trying to reach out to Texas and I'm happy we don't have a spot for him.  If you're a WR, kiss any hopes of being developed or seeing touches in that offense goodbye.  That offense is friendly for a good running back and a good TE.  Other than that, you've got fat slow guards, a QB that can't throw, and WRs that are useless in a slow outdated offense no one runs anymore.  

In short, this visit will only reinforce to Quay that he made the right choice.  Gonna be fun watching Auburn's DL fuck aggy up.

Ausbon is having a pretty good year. 17/253/2. 

22 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is the guy that's been mentioned a couple times as a LB candidate.  Soph film played RB/DE.  4.72 shuttle isn't very good.  Probably a guy they'll wait to see how Jr/Sr film goes.

https://247sports.com/Player/Trevion-Sneed-46079031/

I glanced at the name and just had a flashback to Traylon Shead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yep.  Don't forget the S&C coach (Wilson) who is apparently not doing a good job and who apparently everybody on the team hates.   It's hard to understand what Demas is thinking.  Hopefully, for the sake of his NFL aspirations,  he gets a clue and realizes he should go to a school that can actually throw the ball.  Not saying Texas because I'm quite happy with what we already have and what we're bringing in, but A&M is a major mistake for him.

3 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ausbon is having a pretty good year. 17/253/2. 

aggy team passing stats:

aggy-passing.PNG.c8837e557383b601eae29b94168c3281.PNG

Texas team passing stats:

Texas-passing.PNG.5a0a0df2d588c445da6f21e1ef351d33.PNG

Ausbon represents 29% of aggy's passing yards. That would only represent about 24% of Texas' passing yards.

He doesn't suck, but it's pretty clear the offense he is working in does.

• Like 1

IT visitor list for OSU

LB Marsel McDuffie, South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX): At 6-foot, 235, the DFW area linebacker brings hat regularly. Might be a defensive lineman in college. Georgia Tech and Baylor have already offered.

LB Trevion Sneed, Mineola (Mineola, TX): The 6-foot-2, 215-pound throwback athlete is singularly focused and that single focus is to play college football. RB or LB, Sneed has early offers from UH, Baylor. Texas, LSU, Oklahoma State, and Tech are in regular contact. He's playing d-end a lot this year, but you can still judge his movement skills while he's at running back. There's some real twitch and physicality but he isn't proving to be the easiest evaluation.

CB Mark Wilson, Clear Lake (Houston, TX): Really underrated corner at 6-foot, 180-pound with early offers from Vanderbilt, Baylor, U of H, and a few others. He is on a lot of boards.

ATH Brandon Epton Jr., Kimball (Dallas, TX): Texas offer Ishmael Ibraheem's counterpart in the secondary, at 6-foot, 185 pounds, he holds offers from Illinois, Houston, and Illinois State. Also plays running back. Reminds of Kevin Shorter from Newton in the 2014 class.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:15 AM, victory88 said:

This aged well lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Way to take a stand, fuckstick.

Not sure I know why you’re so upset? Tbh I enjoy poaching aggy recruits and am enjoying the hell out of today’s events. I was merely catching up on this particular thread and came across this post from Wednesday and just found it funny. Sorry for pissing in your Cheerios. 

Ps fuckoff

maybe I should’ve highlighted the part I was referencing re: omeire. If so my bad

Edited by Tx_2_Sc85