Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

A few things:

-If Texas fills up with Brock 1, Brock 2, Conner, Byrd, and Jackson before Foster makes his decision, there's a very good chance that having him hold out that long causes a mutual parting of the ways. This guy might turn 21 in prison doing life without parole if momma keeps trying. And by that, I mean wind up getting stuck at Guard U and being an aggie for life. I think Texas should make a hard push more sooner than later and seeing where things really stand.

-The Brocks are coming to Texas when it is all said done. 

-Grad transfers are going to continue to have 1-2 slots available in every signing period, but only for potentially elite guys that aren't a fit for the pros or have something to clean up before heading into a draft.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sounds like Jackson/Byrd/Foster may end up being which 2 commit first.  You don't say no to any of them.

Except Byrd is a LT, Jackson is a G/T swing guy and Foster is probably top guard in the country. I don’t think it’s a push by the staff for first to commit gets the spot. I think the point being made is if Jackson were to choose Texas soon, then you have him, Conner and Brockermeyers and as has been suggested Byrd is heavily favoring Texas. Those 5 already being committed is the ammunition the aggy mom needs for her son to choose Oregon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

A few things:

-If Texas fills up with Brock 1, Brock 2, Conner, Byrd, and Jackson before Foster makes his decision, there's a very good chance that having him hold out that long causes a mutual parting of the ways. This guy might turn 21 in prison doing life without parole if momma keeps trying. And by that, I mean wind up getting stuck at Guard U and being an aggie for life. I think Texas should make a hard push more sooner than later and seeing where things really stand.

-The Brocks are coming to Texas when it is all said done. 

-Grad transfers are going to continue to have 1-2 slots available in every signing period, but only for potentially elite guys that aren't a fit for the pros or have something to clean up before heading into a draft.

It was and remains a good move by mom to save face with her "community".

We want all 3 of the below, we are not saying no to any of them if they want in. What CTJ is saying is that this staff is not going to be left at the alter by any one recruit. The way our OL is playing, we will get most of our targets. Foster's mom going on that ag site to update them on his non-commitment says a lot.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sounds like Jackson/Byrd/Foster may end up being which 2 commit first.  You don't say no to any of them.

Edited by Goodman

45 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Is Roach at the game because Earle is the next one to pop.  I believe he was in Denton the week before Sanders committed.

No way that dude knows a week ahead of time that a recruit will commit. He’s still hesitant to put in his crystal ball for Sam ehlinger to Texas

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

No way that dude knows a week ahead of time that a recruit will commit. He’s still hesitant to put in his crystal ball for Sam ehlinger to Texas

He can't decide if Jaylon mascorro or Ehlinger is the QB UT wants so he is just going to wait until one of them commits

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Jesus, that's not fair.

I agree that Earle is not fair, his speed is pretty ridiculous for a high school Junior. But honestly this whole Aledo team is not fair. Earle, McClellan, and Parks (2020 Utah WR commit) are all stupid talented.

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Is Roach at the game because Earle is the next one to pop.  I believe he was in Denton the week before Sanders committed.

No, he set his schedule for attending specific games each weekend before the season even started, so his timing being at each game doesn't mean much at all.