2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

20 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Won’t matter. The first deep ball they all throw will end the “competition”

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Malik.  He is a development player that is said can make all the throws also. Some say he has a better arm than Ewers, others say it's on par with, but I've never heard anyone say it's weaker.  

15 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Malik.  He is a development player that is said can make all the throws also. Some say he has a better arm than Ewers, others say it's on par with, but I've never heard anyone say it's weaker.  

His arm is a bit stronger, but Quinn's is better right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Gaffords said:

He's a project that has reportedly been ok with Ewers signing, because Malik knows he'll need some seasoning before he's ready. 

6 hours ago, Atticus said:

His arm is a bit stronger, but Quinn's is better right now.

Ewers is definitely the better of the two.  The kid can uncork it for 70 yards almost effortlessly. No need for a huge windup. 

Maalik has a beautiful delivery also. But needs more reps. He might even have  better touch on the deep ball, if so, it's only slightly better. What I like most about Maalik is him willing to sit and learn.  If we don't land Arch, Maalik should have a solid grasp of the offense and be more than capable of taking over the roll without any drop off

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Ewers is definitely the better of the two.  The kid can uncork it for 70 yards almost effortlessly. No need for a huge windup. 

Maalik has a beautiful delivery also. But needs more reps. He might even have  better touch on the deep ball, if so, it's only slightly better. What I like most about Maalik is him willing to sit and learn.  If we don't land Arch, Maalik should have a solid grasp of the offense and be more than capable of taking over the roll without any drop off

That hurdle of the defender on a keeper was a thing of beauty!  Welcome to Texas!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, Gaffords said:

I hope we can find a way to get guys running wide open and catching the ball, regardless of who the QB is...

I'd also like to see more of that 2-back look.

43 minutes ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

Anybody wanna help a middle aged dude understand “mash the impala”, I need to make sure I don’t say it correctly when embarrassing my kid

Follows theme of "All Gas No Brakes" -- step on the gas in that impala

Post by golfclap...

"The end of my problems - nigga mash the Impala - go lay up with a model and watch the news tomorrow - And that's the end checkmate - game over - I'll holla"

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Favorite-players-Under-Armour-week-Jihaad-Campbell-Derrick-Moore-Devon-Campbell-football-recruiting-179747578/#179747578_1 

Our favorite players from Under Armour week

ByBRIAN DOHN 5 hours ago

OL DEVON CAMPBELL

10832249.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off

Allen Trieu's offensive pick: "Sometimes interior offensive linemen can have a hard time standing out in a week like this, but that was not an issue for Devon Campbell. From the first practice, he established himself as a dominant presence. He is strong and technically sound, but it was the intensity with which he took every rep that helped make him a daunting match-up for defensive linemen. He can move around the line a little bit, and has the tools to be an early impact player wherever he decides to commit to in February. He is a rare interior prospect who is a legitimate elite prospect nationally. His finalists are Oklahoma and Texas."

Hopefully Devon signs with Texas...

• Hook 'Em 6

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

You seem pretty sharp. There's a possibility that this stat might matter in the age of NIL, don't you think?

Do you presume that we NIL as currently constituted will persist?  

The value of our brand and constant self-recognition of it has no correlation with football success. We are a 5-7 program. Maybe that will change; Twitter engagements will have dick to do with it. But I’m just a simple guy.