Final CFP Rankings Announcement Thread

Wally Pryor

If they beat them in a national title game, they won’t have to convince anyone of anything. 

Yes, they will be crowned champs. And there won’t be a thing anyone one of us can do to change that.

But in this imperfect system, I like to be convinced that a champion is truly drserving. If you get your butt handed to you then a month later you win a squeaker, that does not convince me you deserved that chance.

But it’s a never ending discussion I suppose.

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

That's true now that I'm looking at their bowl history.  

Texas has had such a wonderful and rich history at Jerryworld.  Figuring it would be a regular destination for us for Big XII title games and Cotton Bowls alike, we've played a whopping 3 games there over 13 seasons.  Saban is 3-0 in the Metroplex in postseason play.  And 5-1 in Florida in postseason play.  Only place he's not dominating is New Orleans at 2-3.   

I watched Kyler Murray torch us in the 4th quarter to seal yet another OU football conference championship in 2018.  I was there when Charlie Strong fucked up the coin toss twice to UCLA in 2014 and we lost that game.  And I was there when we beat Nebraska on a "get back on the field and put 2 seconds on the gameclock" to barely clinch the conference championship and set up the Alabama string of domination they've been on ever since in 2009.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

colt's pass hit the rail in front of the first row of stands behind the corn bench 7 tenths of a second after the clock was at 00:00:02

there was 1.3 seconds on the clock when the ball hit rail

the ball crossed the sideline with more than 2 seconds on the clock

Oh, I remember.  I was half in the bag drunk but I remember it all too well.  We deserved to attempt that kick, but that game was way closer than it should have been.  

I doubt we'll end up back there for the final Big XII Championship game in 52 weeks time, but you never know...

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Yes, they will be crowned champs. And there won’t be a thing anyone one of us can do to change that.

But in this imperfect system, I like to be convinced that a champion is truly drserving. If you get your butt handed to you then a month later you win a squeaker, that does not convince me you deserved that chance.

But it’s a never ending discussion I suppose.

That 2011 season will always fucking piss me off. In 2006, ESPN was pushing the “should Ohio state and Michigan rematch for the national title!?!?” And they both got slaughtered in their bowl games. Then 2011 comes around and all season we heard about bama-lsu as THE GAME OF THE CENTURY!!!!! More like the Fred Akers wet dream of a football game. 6-6 going into overtime and lsu pulls it out 9-6 in fucking Tuscaloosa. Then in November Alabama actually had the easier path to the fucking national championship. They got fucking rewarded for losing at home, not winning their division and not playing in the conference title game. Bama had their shot at home and blew it. Tough shit. And this happened 3 short years after, on paper and ESPNs favorite “eye test”, the national championship should’ve been a Texas ou rematch in 2008. Why does every fucking sport have a legit fucking playoff or tournament while college football has been “eye test” bull shit!?!? Drives me nuts 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That 2011 season will always fucking piss me off. In 2006, ESPN was pushing the “should Ohio state and Michigan rematch for the national title!?!?” And they both got slaughtered in their bowl games. Then 2011 comes around and all season we heard about bama-lsu as THE GAME OF THE CENTURY!!!!! More like the Fred Akers wet dream of a football game. 6-6 going into overtime and lsu pulls it out 9-6 in fucking Tuscaloosa. Then in November Alabama actually had the easier path to the fucking national championship. They got fucking rewarded for losing at home, not winning their division and not playing in the conference title game. Bama had their shot at home and blew it. Tough shit. And this happened 3 short years after, on paper and ESPNs favorite “eye test”, the national championship should’ve been a Texas ou rematch in 2008. Why does every fucking sport have a legit fucking playoff or tournament while college football has been “eye test” bull shit!?!? Drives me nuts 

Anyone that thinks okie lite shouldn't have played in that game is a limp-dicked cuck. Didn't LSU get fucking shut out in the title game? And neither team scored a TD? Absolute joke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Anyone that thinks okie lite shouldn't have played in that game is a limp-dicked cuck. Didn't LSU get fucking shut out in the title game? And neither team scored a TD? Absolute joke. 

Yeah they did. It was a shitty predictable game. And yeah lsu was really fucking good that year but I’ve always felt like okie lite was a great matchup for em that year. Weeden, Blackmon and Randle were fucking nightmares that season. Just an insanely good offense that year that we unfortunately didn’t get to see play the best defense in the country that year. Thanks, college football 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

..... and some of those interesting bowls would have been extremely compelling playoff games.....

but we digress....

pirate plays tceh in memphis

2 bowls in 3 days in frisco including the fighting kathy irelands, the roadrunners and the aztecs

smu v. virginia @ fenway

@Al_4_ISU v. clemson in orlando

north carolina v. south carolina in charlotte

aggy v. wake forest in jacksonville (comedy value alert)

pedder v. pig in tampa

fiesta okie lite v. domer

sugar rapelor v. klan

rose jort v. yutes

I'm looking forward to this.  A shot at a blue blood who could be in a bit of scramble with their defensive coordinator now gone.  Both fanbases will turn out in a big way (I'm not going because A) already have a family trip to AZ planned, and B) not into the whole "Florida" thing), and it should be fun game.  Curious to see who all sits out.  Rumor in Ames is that Breece Hall wants to play one more game as a Clone, but it will likely come down to what his agent says.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm looking forward to this.  A shot at a blue blood who could be in a bit of scramble with their defensive coordinator now gone.  Both fanbases will turn out in a big way (I'm not going because A) already have a family trip to AZ planned, and B) not into the whole "Florida" thing), and it should be fun game.  Curious to see who all sits out.  Rumor in Ames is that Breece Hall wants to play one more game as a Clone, but it will likely come down to what his agent says.

ConcreteYellowAmericanblackvulture-size_

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:17 AM, Fletch said:

And they eye test said cOSU wasn't better than Stanford. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:21 AM, G650 said:

Wat

Just saw this - in the first game they played it finished 9-6 with 5 field goals kicked. In the title game Bama won 21-0 - which consisted of 5 FGs and one TD and missed xp.

Edited by ztejas

18 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

And they eye test said cOSU wasn't better than Stanford. 

Wait what? They beat a Stanford team with Andrew Luck, Ty Montgomery, Zach Ertz and Jim Harbaugh coaching them. Okie state bearing Stanford that year was quite the accomplishment for okie lite. But with Weeden, Blackmon and Randle, I think they beat lsu. Remember. This was the time where the sec played 3 yards and a cloud of dust. aggy came in the next season and had a damn good season thanks to the spread and a drunken midget who happened to be a damn good college football player. But yeah, I think Gundy and his offensive weapons that year would’ve given them an advantage. Blackmon would’ve smoked that secondary 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Wait what? They beat a Stanford team with Andrew Luck, Ty Montgomery, Zach Ertz and Jim Harbaugh coaching them. Okie state bearing Stanford that year was quite the accomplishment for okie lite. But with Weeden, Blackmon and Randle, I think they beat lsu. Remember. This was the time where the sec played 3 yards and a cloud of dust. aggy came in the next season and had a damn good season thanks to the spread and a drunken midget who happened to be a damn good college football player. But yeah, I think Gundy and his offensive weapons that year would’ve given them an advantage. Blackmon would’ve smoked that secondary 

Yep. aggy and Mizzou had pretty good success early on in the SEC. aggy beat Bama their first year. Manziel won a Heisman. They get to the Cotton Bowl and blow out OU. Mizzou wins the East their first 2 years. It blew out that myth that a Big 12 team could not survive in the SEC. It seemed after them 2 got there, the conference as a whole changed their perspective on offense. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Okie Lite even got 1st place AP votes in the final poll if I recall correctly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

I just recall cOSU only won that Fiesta Bowl because Stanford missed a chip shot kick.  Hope it isn't a trend.