Final CFP Rankings Announcement Thread

Wally Pryor

3 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Cincy had no losses going on. So yes, it isn't the same scenario

I'm not sure how you can say a game didn't matter when the only outcome that would have mattered didn't occur. I guess the Bama Georgia game didn't matter because Bama won?

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Some hot takes in here. I think these were the right four and no one else has an argument to make. The closest is ND, but what can you say when your one loss was at home to the undefeated team in spot #4?

Well they lost to undefeated number 4 team GA got butt fucked up and down by a1 loss Bama a team that got butt fucked by aggy  I hope Michigan hangs 100 on them for the lulz  

Edited by Sgt Hulk

1 hour ago, Chet Steadman said:

This.  I have no idea who #4 should be but I have a hard time stomaching a scenario where a team which has a data point less than 24 hours old shows they’re 17 points worse than another playoff team, has any business being in the CFP.  

image.gif.fb451532a4e045e8bc084b29dc3f2a1e.gif

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure how you can say a game didn't matter when the only outcome that would have mattered didn't occur. I guess the Bama Georgia game didn't matter because Bama won?

If all you care about is W-L then yes the Big 12 championship game didn't matter. Does a 1 loss OSU team get in over an undefeated Cincy? I don't think so.

10 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Does this mean we get Ohio State vs Notre Dame in a bowl? That might be fun.

Nope. Rose Bowl tie ins mean we get an tOSU vs. Utah.. which could be fun also Rising vs. Stroud

4 at larges should be Notre Dame Oklahoma State Michigan State & Pittsburgh.. Committee will choose the best matchup of those 4. 

Yep let’s bring Cincy in and waste one of the three playoff games for a National Championship.
Here is to hoping the score is so lopsided that the Committee gets PTSD thinking about making this feel good BS ever again.

Feel good BS?? They’re undefeated. Everyone in the playoff has a win over current top 10 team… except for Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People bitching that Cincinnati got screwed by drawing Alabama. I say that is there best chance since this year Alabama has played down to their competition and got burned once and it should have been twice. When they thought the other team had a chance they destroyed Ole Miss and Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

People bitching that Cincinnati got screwed by drawing Alabama. I say that is there best chance since this year Alabama has played down to their competition and got burned once and it should have been twice. When they thought the other team had a chance they destroyed Ole Miss and Georgia.

A subtle shot at aggy, I like it!

17 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Nope. Rose Bowl tie ins mean we get an tOSU vs. Utah.. which could be fun also Rising vs. Stroud

4 at larges should be Notre Dame Oklahoma State Michigan State & Pittsburgh.. Committee will choose the best matchup of those 4. 

Baylor/Ole Miss in the "completely absent of any discernable moral values" bowl. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Maybe. I'm certainly curious to see how Cincy does and wouldn't count them out. 

I don't know how much I'd read into the Iron Bowl game. That game is almost as wacky results-wise as Texas/OU.

15 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Pretty much what I was expecting after yesterday’s games.  I just wasn’t sure whether it would be Michigan or Georgia at #2.  

I knew UGA would be 3. They wouldn’t move Michigan down for winning. 2 or 3 doesn’t matter in a 4 team playoff so UGA deserved the drop to 3

48 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I was kinda hoping they would put notre dame in instead of Cincinnati and when asked why, they responded “tv ratings. Duh.”

that’s pretty much why they are 5, isn’t it?

it’s absolutely hot garbage to have Cincy behind Georgia if they think ND is 5

26 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don't know where Ann Arber is, but both teams played in domes yesterday and Georgia certainly didn't look like a runaway favorite over Michigan to me.

I apologize, Ann Arbor.

I want Michigan to win, but Georgia is going to turn the game into a fucking track meet. My hope is Kirby’s possible stupidity helps Michigan.

3 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I apologize, Ann Arbor.

I want Michigan to win, but Georgia is going to turn the game into a fucking track meet. My hope is Kirby’s possible stupidity helps Michigan.

471D25C3-5951-444D-AD05-ACB08F393822.gif.43e24397c0c11fc0140058b4114b1aca.gifbring the hate… tastes good. Good like QBs taste to Hutchinson. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cincinnati going to upset Bama and lose to Michigan by 2 or 3 TDs in the championship.

On the record, I'll say that Bama will skullfuck Cincinnati, Georgia will skullfuck Michigan, Bama and Georgia will put on such an impressive show in the final that both will be declared champions. Nobody has a chance of hanging with two NFL-caliber SEC teams. /nojinxatall

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:
Georgia won't make it past Michigan. 

Today will be a hangover that will take 3 months to get over.

It was Georgia's big day today. And they got clocked, badly.

If you look at all 12-13 games people played, Georgia has clearly been the best.

Alabama has been very up and down.  They looked far and away better than any other time they have played yesterday.  Alabama was the best team yesterday, but discounting Georgia based on one day is pretty short-sighted.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Big 12 will be relegated not long after. Like the Big East. Not sure if it will completely dissolve like the Big East as I don't know where all these teams would go. But the 2 teams you saw today are probably going to be the face of the conference and that isn't good at all. They are not going to get much respect and are not going to be chosen over teams from other conferences to get in. Big 12 will easily be the weakest of the P5's

Did you forget about Cincinnati, Houston and BYU?

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Let me know when another conference gets the same treatment over and over and creates the rules as the SEC and the bitching will cease. When the same conference bitched that a rematch of Michigan/Ohio St was not fair or a rematch of Texas/OU in 2008 but then begged and pleaded for a rematch of Bama/LSU. 2 teams from the same fucking division in a conference plays in a national championship game where a 1 loss conference champ in Okie State gets left out. Fast forward to 2018 and Bama once again gets in without even having to win its damn division. Inflate the rankings every year, a 14 team conference plays only 8 conference games and replaces one of those with a FCS cornball team to get an extra win instead of half getting a conference loss. 

Fuck them.

Well, there's a distinct possibility of karma.  Alabama got a mulligan and beat LSU the 2nd time in 2011 instead of Oklahoma St. who deserved that chance.

Alabama got a mulligan in 2017 and beat UGA when Alabama wasn't even first in their division.

This year we could see Georgia beat Alabama in a rematch.

14 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Ok St lost to Iowa St that year, and not a Matt Campbell coached 9-3 Iowa St. Bama-LSU was the right matchup. In 2018, the committee made the correct decision also. And having both Bama and Georgia in the playoff this year is the only sane option.  They get this treatment because they have far and away the best teams. If you take Bama out of that conference, they’re still the best by a mile. You can bitch all you want because of your perception of fairness, but you’re still wrong. 

Oklahoma St. lost a double OT game the day after a plane crash killed a number of members of their athletic department, just about 10 years after another crash killing members of their basketball team.