Final CFP Rankings Announcement Thread

Wally Pryor

2 minutes ago, Juicy said:

No one wants to see a bama uga championship so may as well make them play in the first round.

Georgia won't make it past Michigan. 

Today will be a hangover that will take 3 months to get over.

It was Georgia's big day today. And they got clocked, badly.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Georgia won't make it past Michigan.    Today will be a hangover that will take 3 months to get over.   It was Georgia's big day today. And they got clocked, badly.

I hope you are right. UGA still has a solid team. All they had to do was win and Michigan would have been playing Cincy in a semi.

I think it’s so dumb if they dont match up UGA and bama just because they just played.

Bama Michigan Cincy UGA is 100% how it should go.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Just fucking leave Georgia out, they got their ass beat.

It's the SEC, though. We know damn well that will not happen at all.

Problem is, if you leave our Georgia, then Notre Dame takes their place. I've had enough of watching them in these playoffs. But I've also had enough of the SEC knob slob treatment. So meh. Whatever at this point. Texas fucking sucks so who really cares.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

Cincy is the 4th best team in this group. That's where it should land.

No one wants to Ga and Bama again in the semis.

Cincy has the better win over most likely #5 Notre Dame vs. Georgia's against #20ish Clemson. Bearcats also have a conference championship.  I could see Cincy jumping them to 3 and Georgia 4. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's the SEC, though. We know damn well that will not happen at all.

Problem is, if you leave our Georgia, then Notre Dame takes their place. I've had enough of watching them in these playoffs. But I've also had enough of the SEC knob slob treatment. So meh. Whatever at this point. Texas fucking sucks so who really cares.

Big 12 really fucked themselves today.. the round robin + 1 vs. 2 finally fucked them. They are going to really struggle getting in the playoffs when OU leaves. 

2 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Big 12 really fucked themselves today.. the round robin + 1 vs. 2 finally fucked them. They are going to really struggle getting in the playoffs when OU leaves. 

Huh? Oklahoma State doesn't get in without a win today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I absolutely would rather play Cincy.

Scared. Nah, but gimme Cincy all day over uga.

Still no one outside of 5 states wants to Georgia Bama final so why even leave a possibility out there.

Giving you shit.. but a Bama/UGA semi ain't happening. First (and most importantly), we just watched it. Second, Cincy is seen as the easiest matchup, and Bama gets the benefit of the doubt because they're fucking Bama.

But if you beat UGA (and I think you have a decent chance), we don't have to worry about a rematch.

Edited by TXpride
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Big 12 will be relegated not long after. Like the Big East. Not sure if it will completely dissolve like the Big East as I don't know where all these teams would go. But the 2 teams you saw today are probably going to be the face of the conference and that isn't good at all. They are not going to get much respect and are not going to be chosen over teams from other conferences to get in. Big 12 will easily be the weakest of the P5's

7 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Giving you shit.. but a Bama/UGA semi ain't happening. First (and most importantly), we just watched it. Second, Cincy is seen as the easiest matchup, and Bama gets the benefit of the doubt because they're fucking Bama.

This same scenario happened last year, though. Notre Dame/Clemson played in the ACC title game. ND was undefeated and beat Clemson earlier in the year. Clemson wins and we see that same exact matchup in the semis and for a third time that season. 

SEC slotting them 2 in the semis means they guarantee one of their own for the national championship. But split them apart and they could get their all SEC national championship game. Which would be the third time happening in a decade. 

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

any bama / uga rematch will be bad for cfb. this shit is broken and needs to be fixed.

Both teams will need to win in the semis for there to be a rematch. The only "fix" is for other teams to step up and beat the SEC teams. I don't want to see it either, but that's the reality.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This same scenario happened last year, though. Notre Dame/Clemson played in the ACC title game. ND was undefeated and beat Clemson earlier in the year. Clemson wins and we see that same exact matchup in the semis and for a third time that season. 

SEC slotting them 2 in the semis means they guarantee one of their own for the national championship. But split them apart and they could get their all SEC national championship game. Which would be the third time happening in a decade. 

Or...someone could do something other than bitch, beat both of them and have a final without any SEC teams.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It was Bama/ND and tOSU/Clemson in the semis.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Or...someone could do something other than bitch, beat both of them and have a final without any SEC teams.

Let me know when another conference gets the same treatment over and over and creates the rules as the SEC and the bitching will cease. When the same conference bitched that a rematch of Michigan/Ohio St was not fair or a rematch of Texas/OU in 2008 but then begged and pleaded for a rematch of Bama/LSU. 2 teams from the same fucking division in a conference plays in a national championship game where a 1 loss conference champ in Okie State gets left out. Fast forward to 2018 and Bama once again gets in without even having to win its damn division. Inflate the rankings every year, a 14 team conference plays only 8 conference games and replaces one of those with a FCS cornball team to get an extra win instead of half getting a conference loss. 

Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Let me know when another conference gets the same treatment over and over and creates the rules as the SEC and the bitching will cease. When the same conference bitched that a rematch of Michigan/Ohio St was not fair or a rematch of Texas/OU in 2008 but then begged and pleaded for a rematch of Bama/LSU. 2 teams from the same fucking division in a conference plays in a national championship game where a 1 loss conference champ in Okie State gets left out. Fast forward to 2018 and Bama once again gets in without even having to win its damn division. Inflate the rankings every year, a 14 team conference plays only 8 conference games and replaces one of those with a FCS cornball team to get an extra win instead of half getting a conference loss. 

Fuck them.

Ok St lost to Iowa St that year, and not a Matt Campbell coached 9-3 Iowa St. Bama-LSU was the right matchup. In 2018, the committee made the correct decision also. And having both Bama and Georgia in the playoff this year is the only sane option.  They get this treatment because they have far and away the best teams. If you take Bama out of that conference, they’re still the best by a mile. You can bitch all you want because of your perception of fairness, but you’re still wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck them.

I think you mean "fuck them as long as Texas isn't part of the club getting the preferential treatment."

All the bitching from any fan base is BS, as they have no interest in a level playing field, they're just pissed their school isn't the one benefitting.

Just beat them on the field and spare us the disingenuous "I just want everything equal for everyone lie."

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Big 12 will be relegated not long after. ... They are not going to get much respect and are not going to be chosen over teams from other conferences to get in. Big 12 will easily be the weakest of the P5's

spacer.png

The P12 and ACC will be better than the Big 12? The new Big 12 has 5 of the current top 16 (AP) teams in it. BYU beat the P12 champs (and 4 other P12 teams). Cinci will be in the playoffs this year.  ???

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Ok St lost to Iowa St that year, and not a Matt Campbell coached 9-3 Iowa St. Bama-LSU was the right matchup. In 2018, the committee made the correct decision also. And having both Bama and Georgia in the playoff this year is the only sane option.  They get this treatment because they have far and away the best teams. If you take Bama out of that conference, they’re still the best by a mile. You can bitch all you want because of your perception of fairness, but you’re still wrong. 

There was north of 170 4 and 5 star players on the rosters in the SECCG. Far and away the best players means the best teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Should be pretty easy for those bastards. Bama and Ga won't play back to back.

1 Alabama

2 Michigan

3 Georgia

4. Cincy

Yep let’s bring Cincy in and waste one of the three playoff games for a National Championship.

Here is to hoping the score is so lopsided that the Committee gets PTSD thinking about making this feel good BS ever again.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

Yep let’s bring Cincy in and waste one of the three playoff games for a National Championship.

Here is to hoping the score is so lopsided that the Committee gets PTSD thinking about making this feel good BS ever again.

Rofl as if ND is any fucking different dude.

Actually this Cincy team is better than any ND team that has been to the playoff.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 4

Alabama - Conf champ, best win vs. 12-1 Georgia

Michigan - Conf champ, best win vs. 10-2 Ohio State

Cincy - Conf champ, best win vs. 11-1 Notre Dame

Baylor - Conf champ, best win vs. 10-2 OU or 11-2 Okie Lite your pick

Not in:
Georgia, not Conf champ, best win vs. 9-3 Kentucky

Notre Dame, lost to Cincy, best win vs 8-4 Wisconsin

• Hook 'Em 6

It's amazing to me that ND waxes a bunch of mediocre to shitty P5 teams and people hold it against them while at the same time holding it against Cincy that they didn't win a dogshit p5 conference like the Pac or ACC. ND's SoS is right in line and generally rated higher than Utah, UO, Wake or Pitt's.

Notre Dame beat a Stanford team on the road by 31 that beat one of the P12CG participants. But yeah - no fucking way Cincy could possibly escape with 1 loss in the Pac or ACC or even B12. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

Yeah they've demonstrated they can't hang. Their double digit  win on the road against 11-1 Notre Dame meant nothing. They just stomped an 11-1 UH team into the mud as well. Did you forget about the BCS era when teams like Boise/TCU nobody said had a chance defeated teams in BCS bowls? Cincy played UGA extremely close last season, I think they'll be just fine.

• Like 2