Texas vs West Virginia 11am on ESPNU

SDG

1 minute ago, Horns RD Standard said:

So WVU is without their "best" player today supposedly. 

Question: If a headline read that Texas was without their best player, who would that player actually be? 

This morning I would have said Allen. Now idk 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

this game is a perfect example of why we hired Beard. give him talent and he will suffocate teams.

Allen needs to be smarter than that there dribbling through traffic. 

nice game by Carr after all the talk.

They also look just they just enjoy playing for Beard 

9 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

It’s very refreshing not to hear Lowell and Lance and seeing a ton of overplayed LHN commercials 

no shit.  you can actually just watch the game, get some reasonable commentary and not hear some dumbass trying to make fetch happen all the damn time.

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Been watching without sound. Have they said anything about Febres? He hasn't been in all day. He looked to be finding his shot last game. 

I haven’t heard anything directly but Beard himself said he was gonna shorten the rotation.  He’ll probably transfer.  

Despite the slow pace of play, this team is so much more well coached than any team Shaka had here. It’s night and day. Shaka had slow paced teams too. 

Texas basketball is fun again under Beard. 

27 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Even if he does shorten it, I don't see Jase getting excluded. Who knows. 

I'd be fine with his minutes getting cut and removing him from the rotation now that we're in conference. He's not a must play every night by any means. He should only play out of necessity (foul trouble and/or injury) from here on out!  

On Febres, he’s never been any thing but a shooter. I don’t see him faring well under Beard. While Febres has historically been a great shooter and better than Jones and Ramey, Jones and Ramey can get to the hole. Febres doesn’t try. If Beard is gonna shorten the rotation it makes sense that Febres would be nixed. We have too much better talent to waste minutes on him. 

That said, I’m never opposed to throwing a shooter in for a few minutes per half to see if he’s found his stroke. If so, and the rest of his game isn’t costing you points, then keep him in. I personally wouldn’t let him be a part of my rotation, except for that. 

Edited by Porterhouse

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Didn’t see the game but score suggests a beat down.

It should have been a 25 point victory. We rode the brake with about 5 minutes left.