2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Simpson coming in.

Get her the WCWS experience and save Dolcini for tomorrow night

Texas fans should be planning ahead on using the ESPN app on Sunday evening to double dip 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Day has to be one of the least athletic outfielders I've seen. 

She can't move at all. 

Because she’s not one.  Mike plays fast and loose with RF - Day, Whitaker, Cimusz.  Popelka and Gilbert sit on the bench 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Lol they just have a better lineup. 

That’s for sure, but I don’t think their pitcher moves particularly well and we don’t have the hitters  so instead of swinging play small ball and move your runners putting them in place for the hitters 

• Like 1

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

Exactly, he just sticks someone out there to get their bat in the order

Sadly, Day’s bat hasn’t done much to warrant that. Same with Parker. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

I do get why White is playing Day over Popelka. 

I don't think you're going to small ball your way around a pitcher like Trautwein. You need to work walks and then hit bombs. Day is your best shot at that. 

Trautwein doesn’t give up a lot of HRs. You have to play station to station ball. Walks + singles > auto outs   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

Well, how’s that for WCWS experience?

Just take the run rule and play tomorrow. Won’t see OU again unless we get out of the other bracket. Team has played well with backs against the wall 

Just now, Js1 said:

Trautwein doesn’t give up a lot of HRs. You have to play station to station ball. Walks + singles > auto outs   

That's not going to work against  a pitcher with a 0.53 ERA and a .113 batting average against her. 

The difference in this game is OU is getting runners on base and hitting bombs. That's what you have to do against quality pitchers. 

That's not going to work against  a pitcher with a 0.53 ERA and a .113 batting average against her. 

The difference in this game is OU is getting runners on base and hitting bombs. That's what you have to do against quality pitchers. 

So you think we are going to hit bombs against someone who hasn’t given up a handful all season?  

Coleman is one of the best players the state of Texas has produced in some time. White has got to win those recruitments 

Mike was very late on that one and tried his hardest to flip her.  Committed to OU since 8th grade. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Get her the WCWS experience and save Dolcini for tomorrow night

Texas fans should be planning ahead on using the ESPN app on Sunday evening to double dip 

Agree on getting Agent 99 in for 1 inning.  Might even bring in a different Texas pitcher in the 6th inning today...  

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

Coleman is one of the best players the state of Texas has produced in some time. White has got to win those recruitments 

That’s my thing. . I know you only have a set number of scholarships but man is almost like football. You hate seeing players from Texas going crazy at other schools 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So you think we are going to hit bombs against someone who hasn’t given up a handful all season?  

Small ball and keeping constant pressure on the defense was our best chance. Traitwine doesn’t give up many homers and Texas don’t hit many.

• Like 1

Small ball and keeping constant pressure on the defense was our best chance. Traitwine doesn’t give up many homers and Texas don’t hit many.

Exactly. Hence why Day and Parker weren’t great lineup choices today 

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

That’s my thing. . I know you only have a set number of scholarships but man is almost like football. You hate seeing players from Texas going crazy at other schools 

Purely Connie sticking around and Texas waiting to can her.  Mike worked hard to flip kids like Mia Scott, but he came in way behind with kids choosing schools while in eighth grade under Clark’s watch. 

5 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Small ball isn't working against Trautwein. She's given up 40 walks in 109 innings pitched and only 1 hit per about 10 batters. The difference between Texas and OU is one team can hit for power and the other can't. 

Our best path to victory in this game was for Dolcini to hold OU to 3 or 4 runs with Texas hitting a couple HRs. 

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Ou recruits nationally…they can get the best from all over.  Alabama-football-like…., so Mike must get those in state, and hope to get some tran#fers.

Easy for OU to recruit Texas when Texas and A&M weren’t relevant. Texas is back in the WCWS, aggy need a splash hire. Kenny G also making it hard but recruits may be less inclined to play in a Texas/OU-less conference 

Edited by Js1