Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I decided to treat myself to a great meal yesterday. So, I walked into a five star hotel restaurant. After going through the menu, I ordered some food. After about 20 minutes, a group of men and women walked in and ordered theirs. To my dismay, these folks got served first. I watched as they began to eat and laugh heartily. I even overheard one of them bragging about how he is connected to everyone in the hotel, and I felt mocked.

I decided to leave. Unable to take it anymore, I called the waiter. He calmly told me, “Yours is a special order being prepared by the chief chef himself. Their orders were prepared hurriedly by students on attachment because the top chefs are busy with yours. That is why they were served first. Please have some juice as you wait.” I calmed down and waited patiently.

Shortly after, my food was served by six waiters. Unknown to me, the owner of the hotel (who happened to be an old long lost friend of mine) saw me when I entered and decided to surprise me. She changed my simple meal to a five-star meal. The party at the other table were shocked. They could not stop staring. Suddenly, they were the ones murmuring, asking why they did not get the kind of meal and service.

Such is life! Some people are ahead of you and are eating now, laughing at you and talking about how they are better, wiser, and smarter than you, how they are blessed, well connected, have money, and are enjoying life. You are waiting tirelessly wondering why its taking so long to breakthrough. You endure mockery and humiliation. Maybe you have contemplated suicide, gone through depression, or suffered severe mental anxiety. Don't worry! The owner of the world has seen you and doesn't want you to be served a simple meal like those making a mockery of you.

You are waiting long because yours is a special meal. It takes time to prepare. And, only chief chefs prepare them. 
Relax and wait for your meal. When it comes, that laughing party will be silenced for good.

Stay blessed! Enjoy your day! This is my word of encouragement to you today.

#BreakThrough #LivingMyBestLife

Copy and paste to encourage someone to patiently wait for what God prepares special just for us.

Jesus...how do some of these fuckers get out of bed in the morning...?

Damn it’s been a minute since I’ve eaten Griffs. Shit has been around forever on the southside of SA right next to Rolandos Super Tacos. 

I didn’t know there was a Rolando’s on the south side. I only went to the one on Broadway. Miss that place.

I decided to treat myself to a great meal yesterday. So, I walked into a five star hotel restaurant. After going through the menu, I ordered some food. After about 20 minutes, a group of men and women walked in and ordered theirs. To my dismay, these folks got served first. I watched as they began to eat and laugh heartily. I even overheard one of them bragging about how he is connected to everyone in the hotel, and I felt mocked.

I decided to leave. Unable to take it anymore, I called the waiter. He calmly told me, “Yours is a special order being prepared by the chief chef himself. Their orders were prepared hurriedly by students on attachment because the top chefs are busy with yours. That is why they were served first. Please have some juice as you wait.” I calmed down and waited patiently.

Shortly after, my food was served by six waiters. Unknown to me, the owner of the hotel (who happened to be an old long lost friend of mine) saw me when I entered and decided to surprise me. She changed my simple meal to a five-star meal. The party at the other table were shocked. They could not stop staring. Suddenly, they were the ones murmuring, asking why they did not get the kind of meal and service.

Such is life! Some people are ahead of you and are eating now, laughing at you and talking about how they are better, wiser, and smarter than you, how they are blessed, well connected, have money, and are enjoying life. You are waiting tirelessly wondering why its taking so long to breakthrough. You endure mockery and humiliation. Maybe you have contemplated suicide, gone through depression, or suffered severe mental anxiety. Don't worry! The owner of the world has seen you and doesn't want you to be served a simple meal like those making a mockery of you.

You are waiting long because yours is a special meal. It takes time to prepare. And, only chief chefs prepare them. 
Relax and wait for your meal. When it comes, that laughing party will be silenced for good.

Stay blessed! Enjoy your day! This is my word of encouragement to you today.

#BreakThrough #LivingMyBestLife

Copy and paste to encourage someone to patiently wait for what God prepares special just for us.

And that long lost friend? Albert Einstein.
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, ChingoHorns said:

Damn it’s been a minute since I’ve eaten Griffs. Shit has been around forever on the southside of SA right next to Rolandos Super Tacos. 

I’m so damn old that I remember Griff’s and when it used to be Taco Hut before Rolando’s.  Growing up on the south side of SA brings back lots of fond memories.  Chopped beef sandwiches and brownies from Buddies.  Chicken fried steak at Bud Jones.  Charbroiled burgers at the Tall Texan and tamales from Karam’s.

14 minutes ago, El Moco said:

I’m so damn old that I remember Griff’s and when it used to be Taco Hut before Rolando’s.  Growing up on the south side of SA brings back lots of fond memories.  Chopped beef sandwiches and brownies from Buddies.  Chicken fried steak at Bud Jones.  Charbroiled burgers at the Tall Texan and tamales from Karam’s.

I graduated from McCollum so all those places you listed hit home. I still remember when Pistol Pete’s was around next to Griffs but now its a carneceria. 

1 hour ago, ChingoHorns said:

I graduated from McCollum so all those places you listed hit home. I still remember when Pistol Pete’s was around next to Griffs but now its a carneceria. 

I can’t believe I forgot to mention barbacoa from Del Rio Tortilla Factory on Gillette and Don Pedro’s.  As for Karam’s, yes they were technically on the West side, but back then we claimed them as our own.

10 minutes ago, El Moco said:

I can’t believe I forgot to mention barbacoa from Del Rio Tortilla Factory on Gillette and Don Pedro’s.  As for Karam’s, yes they were technically on the West side, but back then we claimed them as our own.

YES, the best damned mexican food in the world. I've been going there since I was a kid.  If I remember correctly, Don Pedro's was started when a cook from the Pan American Restaurant quit and start his own place.  It kicked as from day one.  You haven't lived until you eat there on a Saturday night, drinking margaritas served by uniformed waiters and listening to the mariachis.

26 minutes ago, El Moco said:

I grew up right next to Mission San Jose so Nicha’s (formerly Minit Taco) was my daily pick up before heading to school. DP’s was the go to after our football games though

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

YES, the best damned mexican food in the world. I've been going there since I was a kid.  If I remember correctly, Don Pedro's was started when a cook from the Pan American Restaurant quit and start his own place.  It kicked as from day one.  You haven't lived until you eat there on a Saturday night, drinking margaritas served by uniformed waiters and listening to the mariachis.

I remember when it was just the old middle section.  It had a karate place on the right and the kitchen was on the left.  My parents have been going to Don Pedro’s from day one and I always get a #1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChingoHorns said:

I grew up right next to Mission San Jose so Nicha’s (formerly Minit Taco) was my daily pick up before heading to school. DP’s was the go to after our football games though

This is what happens when you hit 50.  You begin to forget shit.  Left out Fred’s Fish and the pan dulce from the Pan Am Bakery.

6 minutes ago, El Moco said:

I remember when it was just the old middle section.  It had a karate place on the right and the kitchen was on the left.  My parents have been going to Don Pedro’s from day one and I always get a #1.

Exactly right, I remember when they were set up like that.  I also remember back then that they sold some kick ass margaritas.  2 of those little sob's and your face got numb.  I asked the waiter once what kind of tequila they used.  He told me they were wine margaritas as they didn't have a liquor license at that time.  To this day I don't believe for a minute that it didn't have "something" stronger in it.

When they expanded I was kind of worried because so many places go to hell after an expansion.  I guess the fact that it was the same ownership (on site at all times) and a huge following they never missed a beat.  But yes, they did get a liquor license after the expansion and damn, the margaritas are even better than before.

On a side note, and I'm not sure but I think Pan American slowly died after Don Pedros opened.  I know that we used to eat at Pan American every week although we lived in a town south of San Antonio, but after DP's opened, we never went back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Exactly right, I remember when they were set up like that.  I also remember back then that they sold some kick ass margaritas.  2 of those little sob's and your face got numb.  I asked the waiter once what kind of tequila they used.  He told me they were wine margaritas as they didn't have a liquor license at that time.  To this day I don't believe for a minute that it didn't have "something" stronger in it.

When they expanded I was kind of worried because so many places go to hell after an expansion.  I guess the fact that it was the same ownership (on site at all times) and a huge following they never missed a beat.  But yes, they did get a liquor license after the expansion and damn, the margaritas are even better than before.

On a side note, and I'm not sure but I think Pan American slowly died after Don Pedros opened.  I know that we used to eat at Pan American every week although we lived in a town south of San Antonio, but after DP's opened, we never went back.

If I remember correctly, for a long time all the waitstaff was nothing but the families own relatives.  We used to joke with the owner that my parents had their own table with a plaque and everything as mush as we ate there.  Hated it when the brothers had a falling out and one went off and opened up a knock off restaurant by the Century South movie theatre.  I remember he even tried to give it a similar name like Dos Pedro’s and got sued.

12 minutes ago, ChingoHorns said:

All this talk of the southside has me missing home. Next time I’m up there I’m gonna be a fat ass and hit up all the spots. 

Same here.  I live in Katy now, but my parents still live in the same house.  When I go down, I hit up DP’s and Blue Moon Cafe (right behind Burbank).  Little Red Barn every now and then too.

Edited by El Moco

The waitstaff situation is correct.  It's been more than a few years since I've been over there (and need to get back),  so I don't know whether that is still the case or not.

What year did the brothers have a falling out that resulted in the knock off?   I don't remember what year it was, but I though DP's opened a second location on Rittiman Road, or was that the knock off?   I remember drunkenly telling my coworkers let's eat there, their original location is great.  Turns out the food was "ok" but nowhere near DP's.   That's why I'm wondering if in my drunken haze I saw Don Pedro's, and not Dos Pedro's.

10 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

The waitstaff situation is correct.  It's been more than a few years since I've been over there (and need to get back),  so I don't know whether that is still the case or not.

What year did the brothers have a falling out that resulted in the knock off?   I don't remember what year it was, but I though DP's opened a second location on Rittiman Road, or was that the knock off?   I remember drunkenly telling my coworkers let's eat there, their original location is great.  Turns out the food was "ok" but nowhere near DP's.   That's why I'm wondering if in my drunken haze I saw Don Pedro's, and not Dos Pedro's.

The fallout between the brothers happened around ‘85 or so.  Our valedictorian was a waiter at the knock off restaurant and used to give us the rundown.