Kamala Harris 2022

cabowabo

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

LOL, I was not talking about her looking at the president. I was talking about her nonsensical answer. As did her answer to questions the day before with the weird laugh non answer.

reporter: asks question about what convos the romanian president has had requesting material aid from the veep
reporter: asks second question about inflation and gas prices
veep: glances at president to see if he will answer, then proceeds to answer first question and mentions the price of standing for democracy
lying propagandist on the internet: cuts out first question, posts edited video
big brain bravo and incredulity: lol look how senile kamala is

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, elfenix said:

reporter: asks question about what convos the romanian president has had requesting material aid from the veep
reporter: asks second question about inflation and gas prices
veep: glances at president to see if he will answer, then proceeds to answer first question and mentions the price of standing for democracy
lying propagandist on the internet: cuts out first question, posts edited video
big brain bravo and incredulity: lol look how senile kamala is

/thread

16 minutes ago, elfenix said:

after it's proven to you that you've been fed propaganda you'd think you'd reconsider your position.  but, lol, yolo!

"they don't drink the sand because they're thirsty, they drink the sand because they don't know the difference."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Didn't notice that.  You are correct.  Here is a "transcript" of the speech.  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/03/11/vp_kamala_harris_in_romania_there_is_a_price_to_pay_for_democracy.html

What a load of bollocks.  Right wing media sources are notorious for selectively editing video to make it look bad/worse, or extract it from context.

As stated above, I am no fan of Harris.  She's a lightweight.  But this is ridiculous.

48 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i think the bigger question is "gee, why are intentional misleadingly edited video clips constantly showing up on my twitter feed?"

The first post was from Ian Miles Cheong's account, you know--the guy that lives in Malaysia and shittweets about American politics. But boy, that'll own people, posting tweets from someone making a living at gulpables. That's the word that is used for people who swallow the kool-ade without making sure it's not piss.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Perhaps as a deflection but definitely rambled to not answer the 2nd. The question was specifically directed at her. In court, it would've been called non-responsive.  Unfortunately for us she is on a world stage in a critical moment.

So, was this her Helsinki moment? If not, why not?

10 minutes ago, Bravo said:

oh good, more bUt tRuMp stuff. it's like a simulation. 

Helsinki was bad. Pretty much everybody in the free world agrees with that assessment. To get a sense of how the VP’s performance compares with that historical low moment in US presidential history, tell us what you think?

7 hours ago, Mole said:

Troll: posts clips that remove all context, edits out portions of the question and answers, and dishonestly frames those edited clips.

Troll: repeatedly proclaims the troll position to be a self-evident truth.

Also troll: where’s the critical thinking?

We desperately need a robust and thoughtful conservative movement if we hope to succeed. Informed, vigorous, and reasoned debate is our last best shot at digging out of our current pit. We NEED conservatives calling out the president and VP, but they need to operate within objective reality. 

Instead conservatives seemed to have largely embraced the worst of troll culture. You revel in dishonestly, play (?) dumb when it’s pointed out, and call it critical thinking.

If the evidence for your thesis consists of dishonestly framed and out of context clips, then your thesis is likely garbage. If you actually think these clips support some sort of valid point, your mental facilities are severely lacking. 

list of things they care about:

grievance

obstruction

owning the libs

end of list.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Mole said:

Troll: posts clips that remove all context, edits out portions of the question and answers, and dishonestly frames those edited clips.

Troll: repeatedly proclaims the troll position to be a self-evident truth.

Also troll: where’s the critical thinking?

We desperately need a robust and thoughtful conservative movement if we hope to succeed. Informed, vigorous, and reasoned debate is our last best shot at digging out of our current pit. We NEED conservatives calling out the president and VP, but they need to operate within objective reality. 

Instead conservatives seemed to have largely embraced the worst of troll culture. You revel in dishonestly, play (?) dumb when it’s pointed out, and call it critical thinking.

If the evidence for your thesis consists of dishonestly framed and out of context clips, then your thesis is likely garbage. If you actually think these clips support some sort of valid point, your mental facilities are severely lacking. 

Preach! The following is just my opinion, I’m no social scientist:

It’s the generation and culture we are in to embrace troll culture, I feel like, over the thoughtful. We (conservative minority, under 50 years old) are mostly interested in a low effort/low calorie effort that exhorts humor and laughter via the quick hitting meme or troll tweet or whatever because a) the gulf between belief systems is (generally) so massive wide there is precious little common ground or understanding to begin with to have a legitimate, good faith discussion and b) it’s in the vein of the “IYKYK sub-meme” that it’s funny to meme/fark/make fun of your political opposite/other/enemy these days.

Young Dems do it too, which leads me to next point: threads where you just have the politicians name and the year (example: Kamala 2022) are lazy because it invites two things: a catch-all to gripe and ridicule her and a catch-all to defend and champion for her. It gets to be where eventually it’s just a team sport, blue vs red, on these types of threads because it becomes less about the latest incidents and specifics and more about making a broader defense of democrat politics because the thread gets full of drive-by meme and funny troll swipes. 

I almost fell victim to this and posted the funny tweet where she knee-jerked and immediately tweeted how sad it was that Jussie Smollett was a victim and he suffered modern day lynching and scolded America to do better, after the verdict. Then I thought, what would that accomplish, except make people mad because it’s embarrassing and obviously an attack at Kamala because I don’t prefer her as a VP, and the handful of folks who would laugh probably have already laughed. Plus the more interesting part of that which we should debate is our propensity to jump the gun and say emotional things in emotional times without knowing all the facts. That’s a more productive and interesting conversation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

Plus the more interesting part of that which we should debate is our propensity to jump the gun and say emotional things in emotional times without knowing all the facts.

Like how you implied Mexicans are the reason NFL fan violence exists?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Like how you implied Mexicans are the reason NFL fan violence exists?

No, I was implying that half of all the posts in the going goon thread had a Mexican in it— and then said probably because raiders, cowboys and 49ers fanaticism skews Hispanic oriented in those communities.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

Preach! The following is just my opinion, I’m no social scientist:

It’s the generation and culture we are in to embrace troll culture, I feel like, over the thoughtful. We (conservative minority, under 50 years old) are mostly interested in a low effort/low calorie effort that exhorts humor and laughter via the quick hitting meme or troll tweet or whatever because a) the gulf between belief systems is (generally) so massive wide there is precious little common ground or understanding to begin with to have a legitimate, good faith discussion and b) it’s in the vein of the “IYKYK sub-meme” that it’s funny to meme/fark/make fun of your political opposite/other/enemy these days.

Young Dems do it too, which leads me to next point: threads where you just have the politicians name and the year (example: Kamala 2022) are lazy because it invites two things: a catch-all to gripe and ridicule her and a catch-all to defend and champion for her. It gets to be where eventually it’s just a team sport, blue vs red, on these types of threads because it becomes less about the latest incidents and specifics and more about making a broader defense of democrat politics because the thread gets full of drive-by meme and funny troll swipes. 

I almost fell victim to this and posted the funny tweet where she knee-jerked and immediately tweeted how sad it was that Jussie Smollett was a victim and he suffered modern day lynching and scolded America to do better, after the verdict. Then I thought, what would that accomplish, except make people mad because it’s embarrassing and obviously an attack at Kamala because I don’t prefer her as a VP, and the handful of folks who would laugh probably have already laughed. Plus the more interesting part of that which we should debate is our propensity to jump the gun and say emotional things in emotional times without knowing all the facts. That’s a more productive and interesting conversation.

i want to rep this bc if i'm being honest your first paragraph rings true. sprinkle in some posts of genuine despair and/or fury and i feel like that's pretty much me in the CR.

it's exhausting trying to directly discuss/engage with people who often don't even share reality. i lost the patience to do it some time early in Trump's run, it all became too much...i became the living meme of the Jaguars guy.

also there are many, many posters that are better informed and whom i respect who do an honorable job engaging in true debate. 

however you've been kind of an asshole lately. but since you're already in the red...🤔

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i want to rep this bc if i'm being honest your first paragraph rings true. sprinkle in some posts of genuine despair and/or fury and i feel like that's pretty much me in the CR.

it's exhausting trying to directly discuss/engage with people who often don't even share reality. i lost the patience to do it some time early in Trump's run, it all became too much...i became the living meme of the Jaguars guy.

also there are many, many posters that are better informed and whom i respect who do an honorable job engaging in true debate. 

however you've been kind of an asshole lately. but since you're already in the red...🤔

Exactly re: don’t share the same reality. We (Americans) live in the same building But different floors. Perception is reality and perceptions are so different.

Re: being an ahole- Sorry!

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

No, I was implying that half of all the posts in the going goon thread had a Mexican in it— and then said probably because raiders, cowboys and 49ers fanaticism skews Hispanic oriented in those communities.

Among these teams, the most popular football team among Hispanics was the Dallas Cowboys as they led in absolute volume of mentions compared to the New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Wrong again

• Fuck You 1