Better get your Dirty’s fix, soon.

Deej

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  But I loved them both.  The were part of my holy trifecta of campus area burger places, along with G&M, which was actually the closest joint for me back in the day.  I mean, a strong honorable mention goes to Mad Dog and Beans as well.  But Dirty's is the last man standing.

I understand a city can't preserve EVERYTHING.  But that doesn't mean that we keep NOTHING.

If not Mad Dog & Beans, what was the third part of the trifeta?  Hutts?

MD&B closed two weeks into my freshman year.  I think I at there 4 times during that two weeks.  Grew up going there in the 80s with my sister when she was at UT.

If not Mad Dog & Beans, what was the third part of the trifeta?  Hutts?

MD&B closed two weeks into my freshman year.  I think I at there 4 times during that two weeks.  Grew up going there in the 80s with my sister when she was at UT.

Ummm….the reference to “both” was to Players and Dirtys, and then I mentioned GM.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummm….the reference to “both” was to Players and Dirtys, and then I mentioned GM.

Ah, I overlooked that.  Give me Porky's Demise, fries, and a cookies and cream shake at MD&B with another side of tax evasion.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I never frequented Dirty’s while actually in school but have come to appreciate it now while my daughter has been in school.  I was more of a $1 pitcher and a Sheriff at Posse East before AND after exams on that end of campus. 

Ditto, except substitute Posse West and Abel's.  Drink > food back then.

On 3/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, DanRydell said:

It’s just north of where Dean Keaton is going to cut through to San Antonio. But Jenn’s Copies is fucked.

Is that the same location as the old Third Eye Photography that Mike Adams hit with a wide left turn at the light at 26th/Dean Keeton and Guadalupe?

As mentioned above, this city is becoming a soulless place catered to single tech bros and developers, with the mayor and city council gladly paving the way.  

• Rage+1 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, Brisketexan said:

They were glorious with beer.  The burger was solid.  The Sheriff sandwich wasn't bad, either.  Again, "with lots of beer" is the qualifier for all of these.

Yeah, the Sheriff was everyone's go-to back in my day.  Engineers and Delts.

Dirty's was great, but Mad Dog and Beans was honestly something different that was a cut above.  I used to get the Austin's favorite a burger on whole wheat, with sprouts and guac.  Fucking fantastic, and their thick cut fries were the bomb.  But more importantly there was no better seat for a male in all of Austin in springtime to view the beautiful co-eds.  

I would bury Dirty's 100 times, to be able to go back and sit down on a beautiful spring day like today and have one more Austin's Favorite in a good seat with a view...

• Hook 'Em 1