The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

I don’t think I’m wrong when I say that a lot of people have always had GS winning games 1 and 2 with Cleveland winning game 3 followed by Golden State winning the next two. That said, if GS is clicking then the sweep very well could happen.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

Perkins intentionally left his feet there hoping that Steph would trip, and not giving a fuck if that meant an injury to the best player in the NBA who suffers from chronic lower leg injuries. There’s plausible deniability if it’s someone other than Perk doing it, but he knew exactly what he was doing, and any one of us with Steph’s injury history would have done the same thing.

First, best player in the NBA? Also, you are really reaching there. It's not like he was where he was shooting from or his feet were in the field of play. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I’m trying to figure out who that guy is from the old site. I can’t put my finger on it, though i’m assuming it’s a rockets fan. the use of stephanie should be a clue.

I don't remember anyone from shaggy being so annoyingly "woe-is-me, the man is keeping my team down, fixed, it's all a big conspiracy" to this degree. BoBigRed was utterly convinced that all the major sports leagues were purposely keeping Houston teams down, but he was a good poster otherwise. This dude blows.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

First, best player in the NBA? Also, you are really reaching there. It's not like he was where he was shooting from or his feet were in the field of play. 

Best player in the NBA *with chronic lower leg injuries*. And I’m not reaching at all, I’m speaking 100% facts, and I haven’t mischaracterized anything. Perk knew exactly what he was doing, and there’s a reason that he was the only one doing it- he’s Perk. He didn’t go out of his way to do anything to Steph, but he damn sure made a concerted decision to let Steph trip and fall over him if that’s what was going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Hindsight is 20 20. Easy to say all that sitting from our couch. That was such an absurd play by JR Smith, everyone was flabbergasted. And they brain could not process that situation plus being able to use rational reasoning to call a timeout. Not in that short of time.

That's all on JR Smith for not knowing the score. 100%. You'd think at this level, you don't need to remind players what the score is.

i agree. not knowing the score AND passing up a very high percentage shot is worse than calling time out, setting up an ISO play for lebron and a long 2 for the win. 

Lue should know that they had TOs and called one.   That is why LBJ was pissed.    I know it was a crazy situation but coaches (along with all his assts) get paid a lot of money to keep their wits during crazy situations.

K Perk doing K Perk things doesn't bother me. His job isn't to give a shit about Curry's wellbeing; most players would have gotten out of the way, or even been ready to grab a falling player, but he's Kendrick fucking Perkins. I have no problem with him keeping his feet in place and not giving the slightest of fucks about the consequences. He's old school.

What does bother me is that, for the 4th straight season, Cleveland signed a goon --with no intention of playing a single meaningful minute--right before the playoffs to do literally nothing but stir shit up. At least Perk is just doing it with words, unlike garbage time assassin Dahntay Jones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, d2o said:

Lue should know that they had TOs and called one.   That is why LBJ was pissed.    I know it was a crazy situation but coaches (along with all his assts) get paid a lot of money to keep their wits during crazy situations.

True that Lue should have known AND been standing near a ref just in case he needed to yell for the TO, but all of the players should have known, including LBJ. It was just a clusterfuck really, especially given what JR did upon getting the rebound.

22 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He did try and call timeout if you were watching the game. The ref didn't see him but the camera caught it. 

Dude STFU, you are so totally full of shit. The not GOAT spent the first 4 seconds of the 4.7 seconds trying to get J.R. to pass him the ball, then he kinda sorta made a signal with less than a second left, sorta. The "he wanted a time out" was just the announcers protecting him, not reality.

(The real GOAT got absolutely fellated by Bob Costas and Ahmad Rashad, so that part is not new.)

7 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

I will say that is more on Lue than Lebron, how do you not get the timeout called. But since Lue is Lebrons hand picked guy, it still makes me laugh.

Wait, the guy who was already on staff when the previous coach was fired was Lebron's hand picked guy?

Curry slowly walked backwards towards the Cavs bench, he was going to make contact regardless of if Perkins moved. The entire situation could have been avoided if Curry acted like a normal person and watched where he was going.  Just re-watch it, he takes 2 steps before he even touches Perkins. Perkins doesn't move the entire play, he's just slouched in a chair, wearing a suit, watching a game he clearly doesn't care about. That whole incident is on Curry, he knows there are people outside the lines. 

• Haha 1

I dislike Perkins with the heat of 1000 Phoenix sums, but he had no imperative to move his feet which were already planted there offcourt.  

Of course, this isn't the first time Curry has tried yapping off like a leashed Chihuahua.  And he KD both developed that Napoleon syndrome.

Lebron worked pretty tirelessly to get Blatt fired, not many argue this point, but it was reported by Woj after the transition that Lebron actually wanted Mark Jackson to take over.  Jackson was willing to drop his management and sign with Rich Paul (Lebron's guy), something Lue was not going to do, to his credit.  Griffin said "Fuck that, no way, Jackson is toxic, have you heard the Warriors horror stories?" and promoted Lue as a compromise with Lebron/Paul, something they could live with.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-david-blatt-never-stood-a-chance-with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Doesn't Aggy(whatever that means) me at all. You are the clowns who look silly making an argument about trophies that you don't really believe in. Meanwhile Russell has 900 rings, but somehow the trophy argument doesn't apply to him.
Bringing Russel into this makes as much sense as LBJs hairline.

13 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Lebron worked pretty tirelessly to get Blatt fired, not many argue this point, but it was reported by Woj after the transition that Lebron actually wanted Mark Jackson to take over.  Jackson was willing to drop his management and sign with Rich Paul (Lebron's guy), something Lue was not going to do, to his credit.  Griffin said "Fuck that, no way, Jackson is toxic, have you heard the Warriors horror stories?" and promoted Lue as a compromise with Lebron/Paul, something they could live with.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-david-blatt-never-stood-a-chance-with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html

This is the most damning thing anyone who wants to pile on LeBron could possibly say about the guy

For all the talks of GS' superteam, Lebron also commandeered the payroll for Cleveland which - not sure if it's been brought up - is as high or higher than GS for the 2017 season.  

They are the most expensive lineup on the league.

52 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/01/why_david_blatt_got_fired_and.amp

Edited by Thatguy

48 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
18 hours ago, Thatguy said:
   Doesn't Aggy(whatever that means) me at all. You are the clowns who look silly making an argument about trophies that you don't really believe in. Meanwhile Russell has 900 rings, but somehow the trophy argument doesn't apply to him.

Bringing Russel into this makes as much sense as LBJs hairline.

Bringing the cog that won 11 rings into a goat argument doesn't make sense? Gotcha. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Bringing the cog that won 11 rings into a goat argument doesn't make sense? Gotcha. 

Rings are the only thing that matter brah...............................until they don't matter.........

23 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/warriors/comments/42b5ne/what_exactly_is_mark_jackson_accused_suspected_of/

"Told the team that Harrison Barnes was possessed by a demon, which is why he regressed"

LULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momma, there goes that Demon. Hand down. Deman down. Grown demon move.

Edited by Sidney Sherman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Perkins intentionally left his feet there

Perkins hasn't intentionally left his feet in about a decade.  

Edit: I'm a dumbass, reading is hard...

Anyways, I hate Perkins even more than I hate GS, so this is tough but I'll take GS side.  Perkins is a complete twat.  WTF is he doing on the bench anyway?  Didn't he sign a one day contract forever ago so he could retire as LBJ's ball washer?  Why is he still there?  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

What’s not to understand? I have no clue what you’re saying.

Perkins was sitting there the entire time, exactly in that position, well before the shot.  He didn't move an inch.  If NOT moving means he did something, then I guess he's guilty.  So... if he NOT moved on purpose b/c he knew Steph would be right there, at that time, in that circumstance, then Kendrick must be a wizard.  Is KP a wizard? 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Perkins was sitting there the entire time, exactly in that position, well before the shot.  He didn't move an inch.  If NOT moving means he did something, then I guess he's guilty.  So... if he NOT moved on purpose b/c he knew Steph would be right there, at that time, in that circumstance, then Kendrick must be a wizard.  Is KP a wizard? 

Does it require a lot of effort to be this dense? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Curry slowly walked backwards towards the Cavs bench, he was going to make contact regardless of if Perkins moved. The entire situation could have been avoided if Curry acted like a normal person and watched where he was going.  Just re-watch it, he takes 2 steps before he even touches Perkins. Perkins doesn't move the entire play, he's just slouched in a chair, wearing a suit, watching a game he clearly doesn't care about. That whole incident is on Curry, he knows there are people outside the lines. 

This is literally 100% Steph Curry.

• Fuck You 1

Then why did everyone else on the Cavs bench move out of the way? Why does this almost never happen despite such close quarters and such large men? And why are you trying so hard to be so dense? Trying to out-stupid cameltoe for shitty poster of the week? “You have to be a wizard to see someone backing up into you.” Shut up.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Rings are the only thing that matter brah...............................until they don't matter.........
No one said only rings matter. Which is why Robert Horry will never be in the HOF.

When discussing the Greatest you have to look at the entire body of work. And LBJs whole body of work is severely lacking next to MJ.

Anyone who can't understand that is just a Lebron James fanboy. Not a fan of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

Then why did everyone else on the Cavs bench move out of the way? Why does this almost never happen despite such close quarters and such large men? And why are you trying so hard to be so dense? Trying to out-stupid cameltoe for shitty poster of the week? “You have to be a wizard to see someone backing up into you.” Shut up.

So... if I am walking into  you, in YOUR space, on your OWN bench, the onus is on you to please get the fuck out of my entitled way?  Noted.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

You got negged because you’re acting like a combative child. “Kendrick Perkins has to be a wizard to see Steph Curry backing into him. Explain how Perk is a wizard.” Childish and stupid. 

lmao, then you went and got your friends to undo the rep. What a baby.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

For all the talks of GS' superteam, Lebron also commandeered the payroll for Cleveland which - not sure if it's been brought up - is as high or higher than GS for the 2017 season.  

They are the most expensive lineup on the league.

But the narrative is that they are a bunch of scrubs and Lebron has to win all by himself, even though he handpicked most of these guys and helped broker bad contracts for others. 

26 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

You got negged because you’re acting like a combative child. “Kendrick Perkins has to be a wizard to see Steph Curry backing into him. Explain how Perk is a wizard.” Childish and stupid. 

lmao, then you went and got your friends to undo the rep. What a baby.

LOL.  Got my friends?  That's all their own doing.  

I'm still waiting on you to provide explanation for this:

"So... if I am walking into  you, in YOUR space, on your OWN bench, the onus is on you to please get the fuck out of my entitled way?  Noted"

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

LOL.  Got my friends?  That's all their own doing.  

I'm still waiting on you to provide explanation for this:

"So... if I am walking into  you, in YOUR space, on your OWN bench, the onus is on you to please get the fuck out of my entitled way?  Noted"

YES, you juvenile fucking moron, the onus is on the bench players to react. For decades this has been the SOP in the NBA, which is why this never happens despite such close quarters and such large human beings, all of which has already been said. Nobody is trying to get his ankle rolled by accidentally backing into a bench full of giant dudes who can only do so much to get out of the way, which is why a)everyone else on the Cleveland bench moved, and b)why this exception to the rule is noteworthy. 

Youre the only one on this thread whi doesnt understand this, and you’re certainly alone in thinking you that you don’t comport yourself like an absolute child. Jesus.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

No one said only rings matter. Which is why Robert Horry will never be in the HOF.

When discussing the Greatest you have to look at the entire body of work. And LBJs whole body of work is severely lacking next to MJ.

Anyone who can't understand that is just a Lebron James fanboy. Not a fan of the game.

Exactly!!!! Finally, you are making some G-damned sense. Yes, you have to consider the entire body of work. Michael Jordan WAS 6-6 in the finals, but MJ never played a more stacked team than he was on. There were no 4 all star teams he was facing during his run. He never went to the finals only to lose Scotty in the first quarter of game one. He never beat Bird. He never beat the Showtime Lakers with Kareem, Pat Riley, and a healthy James Worthy.

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

lol ok.

• Haha 1